Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

A Sickler's Situation. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Sickler's Situation. (137 Views)

I Am A Sickler / A Sickler Shares How He Survives Sickle Cell Anemia (Photo) / Double Tragedy: Hospital Detains Corpse Of Sickler Over N73,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Sickler's Situation. by WhatIwant(f): 7:24am On Jul 28, 2022
Good morning everyone. I want to ask for any sickler's input here or someone who has stayed with them??
Does anyone experience any excruciating stomach pain that causes lack of sleep,vomiting ?? Does anyone know what may have caused it,what drug to take and how to help the person?.

My sister is a sickler,she's very strong and healthy too for her status...she hasn't had a crisis in a while,my parents try to spend as much as they have on her drugs but recently she has been having that symptom above.she couldn't sleep since 2am this morning. The first time it happened,we went to the chemist,she said it was probably indigestion,we got drugs and it stopped,the second time was more serious,we went to the sickle cell centre,it was on a Sunday,the doctor wasn't around...there wasn't enough money to take her to a private hospital,so when the nurses told us it was probably ulcer and asked us to get some drugs,we did and it stopped stopped..we thought that was it till 3weeks ago that it started again,it was worse..she had to miss school,we went back to the sickle cell centre,saw a doctor and told them to run a test like a scan really..we showed him the report,he said it was some sort of infection on her kidney,we were so worried at first but he said if she takes her drugs, she'll be fine....she was o till today,she was in so much pain,we both couldn't sleep cos I was monitoring her.
So please if any sickler has experienced this symptom before, please tell me what causes it and how to stop it.
My parents are not financially okay right now so we can't afford her to have a crisis...and we have no money for a private hospital either. The sickle cell centre close to us are undermanaged ,it's more of a business center than a government facility...I don't trust them.
Please help us any way you can...sicklers and non sickler as long as you're knowledgeable about this,just yesterday...she was so excited about her graduation and today she's sick . My parents are trying their best but it's not enough. whenever she gets sick,we all get mentally drained because of the financial, physical and emotional stress on us all.
Please if any sickler has had this symptom...tell me what it's likely to be ,the pain is too much for her

But if anyone thinks I'm lying,I can send a shot of her test we did and her drugs she uses everyday
I don't expect much but I'm grateful I have a place to seek help,we like to keep her status a secret cos the area we are is a bit medically retarded.pls...help me push it to front-page...I don't know how to do that.
Thank you all

(1) (Reply)

Infertility And Miscarriage: All You Need To Know / Gonorrhea Home Remedies: Separating Fact From Fiction / 100% Pure Natural Skin Therapeutic Formula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.