Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish (1519 Views)

CLEAN TOYOTA COROLLA 2002 UP FOR GRAB!!!! / Toyota Camry 2.2 Vibrating At 80KM / BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by cj1080(m): 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2022
So i drive the below little bad girl

And it gets me from A-z so far

I got her early 2021 and had to ring her cause she smoked a lot.

Picture this

Your speeding down Ikorodu road from Maryland to Fadeyi, no one is in front of you
Your feeling like a bad boy, with your specs on and one hand on the steering, blasting dmx,while everyone behind you chokes on your fumes

Like seriously chokes on your fumes

P.s if you are one of the people i coked back then, my apologies, as i have solved that problem(ringsand pistons).

So less i digress

Before i got her a new set of rings, i notice she would run like a dream but when i hit traffic and start with the break down and brak up routine

She would start vibrating, it gets worst when the ac is on.

So te, i hadto abandon the ac til i got her ringed.

After ringing (december last year) still noticed the vibration, but this time only while i use the ac.

Key scene 2

I tell my mechanic and he says to bring it down for some tlc(expensive TLC-chai)

Between January and Now, i have sacrified the folowing to her.

My Mechanic's voice

Mechanic: Oga nah engine mount
Me: Oya change them"
My Car: I am still vibrating when ac is on during traffic
My car: Partially when breaks are applied
Mechanic: Hmm, e be like say we go buy net for the engine
Me: Net what does that do.
Mechanic: it will help to......(can't explain well)
Me: Nope

2 months later...

Mechanic: Change coils
Me: I disagreed,
My Car: I turned off my fans and decided to over heat one fine rainy day in May and he still drove me almost to the ground and damage 3 coils
Me: ok lets change coils
Car: Still vibrating when ac is on and we are in traffic

At this point i got tired of using the ac till about 3 weeks ago

I notice that when the vibrating starts in traffic, if i put the car on park it comes down a bit, but once i return to drive it back with a vengance.

But for some reason, when i move it from drive to neutral, the vibrations stop. plus once it goes back to drive, its not as worst as when i do drive to park and back to drive.

Please has any body noticed this with theirs?

If you have experience this vibrations before, what did you do to stop it finally?

Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2022
I am also looking for solution to this. If you put it in neutral, vibration will stop.
Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by Thefarmer3: 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2022
Check the rpm at idle. It may be too low
Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by cj1080(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
Geoabeeys:
I am also looking for solution to this. If you put it in neutral, vibration will stop.

Ah a fellow vibrating corrolla owner, welcome oh.

We are in this together

Hopefully our oga's can give us some feedback

1 Like

Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by cj1080(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
Thefarmer3:
Check the rpm at idle. It may be too low

Hmm

Running to the car right now grin
Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by Conner44: 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2022
@ cj1080, Geoabeeys

Your engine mounts are not directly joined together with your engine. There is a mounting plate in between the mount and engine.

The mounting plate is usually screwed to the engine and the engine mounts are screwed to the mounting plate.

Your vibrations could be caused by the screws holding the mounting plate to your engine getting worn out or loose. If one bolt on that mounting plate is loose or broken your vehicle will vibrate no matter the type of engine mounts you buy and put into your engine.

So when next you’re doing your maintenance tell your mechanic to check if the bolts on the metal plates that are holding the engine mounts to your engine frame are still intact.

2 Likes

Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2022
[b][/b]
Conner44:
@ cj1080, Geoabeeys

Your engine mounts are not directly joined together with your engine. There is a mounting plate in between the mount and engine.

The mounting plate is usually screwed to the engine and the engine mounts are screwed to the mounting plate.

Your vibrations could be caused by the screws holding the mounting plate to your engine getting worn out or loose. If one bolt on that mounting plate is loose or broken your vehicle will vibrate no matter the type of engine mounts you buy and put into your engine.

So when next you’re doing your maintenance tell your mechanic to check if the bolts on the metal plates that are holding the engine mounts to your engine frame are still intact.

Bro, I must confess you are on point. It's possible
Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by pufframmy: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
pls after you ring the car as the smoking stop finally cause my Mech said he cant ring it cause it not advisable and have check the cost for
new Engine now it very on high side please recommend is it good to look for another mechanic to ring it?
cj1080:

Picture this

Your speeding down Ikorodu road from Maryland to Fadeyi, no one is in front of you
Your feeling like a bad boy, with your specs on and one hand on the steering, blasting dmx,while everyone behind you chokes on your fumes

P.s if you are one of the people i coked back then, my apologies, as i have solved that problem(ringsand pistons).

So less i digress

Before i got her a new set of rings, i notice she would run like a dream but when i hit traffic and start with the break down and brak up routine

After ringing (december last year) still noticed the vibration, but this time only while i use the ac.

Key scene 2

I tell my mechanic and he says to bring it down for some tlc(expensive TLC-chai)

My Mechanic's voice

2 months later...

My Car: I turned off my fans and decided to over heat one fine rainy day in May and he still drove me almost to the ground and damage 3 coils

I notice that when the vibrating starts in traffic, if i put the car on park it comes down a bit, but once i return to drive it back with a vengance.

But for some reason, when i move it from drive to neutral, the vibrations stop. plus once it goes back to drive, its not as worst as when i do drive to park and back to drive.

If you have experience this vibrations before, what did you do to stop it finally?
Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by sochijioke(m): 3:25am On Aug 14, 2022
cj1080:

Picture this

So less i digress

Key scene 2

My Mechanic's voice

2 months later...

Check her engine valve setting.
Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by olumzzz(m): 5:39am On Aug 14, 2022
Let's start with the AC compressor.
Is it OEM or has been changed?
Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by cj1080(m): 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
Ok so after about 3 mechanic

I finally found one that seems to know what he is doing

He asked me if I have ever worked on the injector or the airflow meter, of which I said no.

He said let him try something. That we will check for a while to see what happens.

First he increased the rpm(literally didn't know that it could be done).

The car ran smoothly for about two days even with the ac.

Then it went back to vibrating as the rpm dropped again.

Told the mechanic, and he said he will check the injector and the airflow meter.

He first checked and cleaned the airflow meter.

Things worked

Vibration stopped

For about two weeks, then it went back to vibrating.

Next, he decide to look at the injector,
he cleaned out the injector and took it apart.

Finally reassembled it and

So far the vibration have reduced again.

So I am on watch mode for now to see how it goes.

I will update next week

2 Likes

Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by cj1080(m): 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
sochijioke:

Check her engine valve setting.

Checked, sometime earlier this year.

Still kept vibrating

I also had about 3 coils changed, just to check if that was the problem as two of them got bad during and incident on airport road from Ikeja

My fans suddenly stopped work and the engine started over heating. Fortunately it was raining heavily that morning so I gunnned it from mm1 passed mm2.heading to Ajao estate.

It seems a towing van noticed what was wrong, as he literally following me all the way to my office hoping that I would just breakdown there, but God pass am, as I got to the office safe.

Still I ended up burning two coils and some other stuff that cost me an arm and leg to fix and change.

Even after all that the vibrations still remained
Re: A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish by cj1080(m): 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2023
olumzzz:
Let's start with the AC compressor.
Is it OEM or has been changed?

I am not sure if it's an OEM.

But I remember I had it changed sometime in December last year.

Reason (the same vibration thingy).

My mechanic then, thought it might help to get a low powered compressor, so I had it changed

(1) (Reply)

Porsche, Aston Martins, Champagne And Nigeria’s Rich / Could This Be The Cause Of Accidents These Days? / Latest Trick Between Police And Road Safety On The New Tinted Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.