Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

What Has Your Local Government Chairman/chairmen Done In The Last 12 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Your Local Government Chairman/chairmen Done In The Last 12 Years (1121 Views)

Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? / Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is / Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Does He/she Do? (2) (3) (4)

What Has Your Local Government Chairman/chairmen Done In The Last 12 Years by omonla5: 10:10am On Aug 01, 2011
I was born in Lagos, Mushin to be precise. I could recollect then that the street we were living on CASH street was an earth road but between 1987 and 1988 cant remember the exact year, the roads were all reconstructed. Drain were built, concrete at the road side while sancrete block was used at the property side. I believe that same exercise was carried out in the whole of Mushin Local government. Cash Street, Adedokun, Amu, CAC, Buhari, Omodigbo, Oremeji, Fafolu, Olorunsogo street, Damigoro, Challenge, Ayantuga to mention but a few.

In 1996, we left mushin for Egan (Ikotun area) but I moved to an Aunts house at OKota where I lived till 2009.

Recently, I was at Mushin and you can believe what I saw. The whole road is not an eyesore, those street are now a shadow of itself. Potholes on all the roads, the drain have all collapsed due to lack of maintenance and proper care.

The same goes to Okota, the whole street from St. Rafael bustop to Apple junction, the adjoining street are as bad as you can think off. Only Alidada Street and Jemtok ( the Street leading to King Wasiu Ayinde ) house are the only asphalted road on that axis. It took me three hours to move from Grandmate bustop to the roundabout.

My question thus: What is the work of the Local Government when there basic responsibilities are not attended to.

I remember growing, we play football on these street but who dear play football on those street these days.
Re: What Has Your Local Government Chairman/chairmen Done In The Last 12 Years by qualified(f): 10:48am On Aug 02, 2011
NOTHING!!!
I'm from Aninri, Enugu state
Re: What Has Your Local Government Chairman/chairmen Done In The Last 12 Years by don33310(m): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2011
The verdict is , NOTHING.
Re: What Has Your Local Government Chairman/chairmen Done In The Last 12 Years by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2011
That's if peeps even know who their local government chairman is undecided.

That is one arm of government reserved for the baddest local thug, and there is absolutely no accountability for funds, with the so called 'Chairman' ruling the roost like say na im papa property.

Are Foreign Investors Colonizing Africa? / Where Is Akhwat Akwop ? / Fast Tracking Nigeria’s Electricity Needs For Industrialisation

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9