Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars (2817 Views)

Please, I Need Reviews Of These Two Cars / Man Loses Two Cars To Reckless Yahoo Boys Driving In Benin City (Video) / Please Help!,i’m Confused In Choosing My First Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by prodigyy(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2022
What's your opinion about these two cars

Lexus es350 2010 and Acura mdx 2010

My budget is 6.5M

I've done research about their specifications. I want a reliable car that won't give me headache and a car whose parts are available.
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
prodigyy:
What's your opinion about these two cars

Lexus es350 2010 and Acura mdx 2010

My budget is 6.5M

I've done research about their specifications. I want a reliable car that won't give me headache and a car whose parts are available.
Go for the Lexus. Best option.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2022
You picked two very good cars. I would have asked you to go for the mdx cos being a long time Acura user, it's very reliable to the best of my knowledge but since you also mentioned availability of parts and I'm sure you want affordability too, I won't recommend Acura.
The parts are fairly available but always very expensive so the best answer to your question is Lexus. If you want lexus, why not an RX instead of a ES.
You can get a good RX 350 for that price.
Trust me, it's important to consider ground clearance when choosing a car in Nigeria.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by YourFavorite21(m): 12:54am On Jul 29, 2022
How many times u dey buy car in a year? in your previous post you were a 300 level student, or you just created a thread for cruise.
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 29, 2022
You cannot buy a tokumbo car and not expect a problem after few weeks or a month.Forget the exterior surface.Them wash and paint am to look new.The engine don pafuka.
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by prodigyy(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2022
YourFavorite21:
How many times u dey buy car in a year? in your previous post you were a 300 level student, or you just created a thread for cruise.

Mr man. I'm buying it for my mum. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2022
prodigyy:

Mr man. I'm buying it for my mum. Thank you
get the Lexus even though the mdx is a better ride.since it's for your mum.if you are a guy and na for your use..omo the mdx is a better sturdy powerful car.
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by bonnyhope: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
Revolution2022:
You cannot buy a tokumbo car and not expect a problem after few weeks or a month.Forget the exterior surface.Them wash and paint am to look new.The engine don pafuka.

Not all tokumbp Oga
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by skywalker240(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2022
Kelvin30286063:
You picked two very good cars. I would have asked you to go for the mdx cos being a long time Acura user, it's very reliable to the best of my knowledge but since you also mentioned availability of parts and I'm sure you want affordability too, I won't recommend Acura.
The parts are fairly available but always very expensive so the best answer to your question is Lexus. If you want lexus, why not an RX instead of a ES.
Trust me, it's important to consider ground clearance when choosing a car in Nigeria.
Am with you on this one
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by buygala(m): 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

@ bolded

It is also important to consider lower ground clearance for vehicle balance on speed while outrunning Bandits, ISWAP, armed robbers, etc and also roll-overs that SUVs are generally prone to because of their high center of gravity...

Not everyone wishes to have their hearts in their mouth when doing a mere140km/hr..

Op didn't tell you he wants to use the vehicle for mining operations, or as an excavator..and he didn't tell you he is blind that he won't slow down when navigating bad portions of road.

Allow him use his money to buy what he wishes..People who have been driving the car he mentioned for years haven't died.

6 Likes

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2022
buygala:

@ bolded

It is also important to consider lower ground clearance for vehicle balance on speed while outrunning Bandits, ISWAP, armed robbers, etc and also roll-overs that SUVs are generally prone to because of their high center of gravity...

Not everyone wishes to have their hearts in their mouth when doing a mere140km/hr..

Op didn't tell you he wants to use the vehicle for mining operations, or as an excavator..and he didn't tell you he is blind that he won't slow down when navigating bad portions of road.

Allow him use his money to buy what he wishes..People who have been driving the car he mentioned for years haven't died.
So you think suvs don't have good balance when speeding. Lol
Funny guy... Bring your slow clearance car and let's race with my suv. You'll understand what ground clearance actually means.
Who the hell told you modern SUVs are prone to rollovers! You saw that on YouTube too? grin
Anyway, ask any experienced car owner here and they will tell you the same thing, they prefer suvs.
MDX is not a catapiller by the way, and if he knows it all, he won't ask for our opinion so at the end of the day, it's not about buying what he wants with his money. It's about giving him a good advice so he doesn't regret spending his money on what he won't enjoy.

FYI, I was once like you. I loved low clearance cars so much that I still keep my Acura TL at home even though I now have a ZDX and a sienna but at the end, I'll always drive either my ZDX or my Sienna cos I don't have to gnash my teeth whenever I hit a speed bump or drive in a really rough road. Plus I don't have to spend too much on suspensions too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by buygala(m): 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

So you think suvs don't have good balance when speeding. Lol
Funny guy... Bring your slow clearance car and let's race with my suv. You'll understand what ground clearance actually means.

@ bolded

You mean that questionable CRV you bought, repaired and gave your girlfriend that year? grin

I don't wish you death Bro.. So i respectfully decline to race you.. Even if you come with any other SUV grin

There is a reason why race-cars are as close to the ground as possible..

Continue flying into corners with your SUV bro cool.. Na only you waka come grin

2 Likes

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
buygala:

@ bolded

You mean that questionable CRV you bought, repaired and gave your girlfriend that year? grin

I don't wish you death Bro.. So i respectfully decline to race you.. Even if you come with any other SUV grin

Continue flying into corners with your SUV bro cool.. Na only you waka come grin

CRV, you and who? Dude, I have 3 cars and a powerbike. Two of them are 320 horsepower. Don't tell me shit about speed.
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
buygala:

@ bolded

You obviously still drive an old car cos if you know the SMOOTHNESS modern SUVs take corners this days, you won't even mention that. Go and buy a good car bro.
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Peterlove11: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2022
buygala:

@ bolded

@ not everyone wishes to have their hearts in their mouths when doing a mere 140km/hrs. Lol. I use an suv and I can categorically say suvs ain't made for insane speed. Max for an suv should be 180km/hr, even that is overboard. But for comfortable driving experience, suvs ain't a slouch. Good ground clearance and better visibility, I will pick that anyday over insane speed

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by buygala(m): 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

You obviously still drive an old car cos if you know the SMOOTHNESS modern SUVs take corners this days, you won't even mention that. Go and buy a good car bro.

There is a reason why most SUVs still have roll-over warning stickers somewhere in their interiors..

Happy flying with your SUV Sir grin
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
buygala:

There is a reason why most SUVs still have roll-over warning stickers somewhere in their interiors..

Happy flying with your SUV Sir grin
Oh so that's what your conclusion is based on. Interesting. So tell me, why does all cars have airbag safety warnings and children safety warnings. Does that mean the airbags will just deploy on their own? Lol
You mean you don't know about vehicle safety regulations that insist that all vehicles must meet certain conditions before they can be allowed on roads?
Let me give you fact today, apart from monster trucks, SUVs don't roll over on corners or turns except if something is seriously wrong with the suspensions or wheels. Especially wheel balancing and alignments.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by buygala(m): 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Oh so that's what your conclusion is based on. Interesting. So tell me, why does all cars have airbag safety warnings and children safety warnings. Does that mean the airbags will just deploy on their own? Lol
You mean you don't know about vehicle safety regulations that insist that all vehicles must meet certain conditions before they can be allowed on roads?
Let me give you fact today, apart from monster trucks, SUVs don't roll over on corners or turns except if something is seriously wrong with the suspensions or wheels. Especially wheel balancing and alignments.

You are right Sir

No vex smiley
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Antihelminth: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

They can actually roll over during hard cornering ..ie Honda CR-V 2003 ..
Generally cars with low center of gravity would tip off ...
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Kingdemu: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2022
Antihelminth:

They can actually roll over during hard cornering ..ie Honda CR-V 2003 ..
Generally cars with low center of gravity would tip off ...
He was talking about modern SUVs and you brought a 20yr old artifact into the discussion

2 Likes

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by buygala(m): 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2022
Funny how a lot of people just keep spewing nonsense even with the availability of internet research at their finger tips.. They are very quick to type shit but small research dey hard them..

I shudder to think that these same ill-educated idiots will likely be on an expressway, and might not only end up killing their worthless selves but also other innocent people.. Onto say Modern SUV get same speed balance as low-profile sedans cheesy

Imagine trying to compare balance of speed of SUVs with low gravity vehicles like the ES350 and C300.. Dem say na "Modern SUV" grin.. Na wa o

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Conner44: 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
If you’re buying an SUV please keep it at the back of your mind that you should not drive at speeds above 100mph and attempt to take bends on the highways without using your brakes just because you’re following/chasing a sedan. it’s a sure recipe for disaster

Even a lowly Toyota Corolla can take that same bend better than a Range Rover at that same speed because of the low center of gravity that the sedan has over the SUV.

You can speed all you want while on a straight line but not corners. Even the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is only the fastest SUV while on a straight line, it can’t show itself in bends like sport cars

Till today apart from popular rally events it’s still rare to see competitive road races where SUVs are used and the oyibo’s who engineered them have their reasons why.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Antihelminth: 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kingdemu:
He was talking about modern SUVs and you brought a 20yr old artifact into the discussion

"ie" actually means something during English classes
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by jmoore(m): 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2022
All these ridiculous arguments on speed when bad roads are all over the country.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
buygala:
Funny how a lot of people just keep spewing nonsense even with the availability of internet research at their finger tips.. They are very quick to type shit but small research dey hard them..

I shudder to think that these same ill-educated idiots will likely be on an expressway, and might not only end up killing their worthless selves but also other innocent people.. Onto say Modern SUV get same speed balance as low-profile sedans cheesy

Imagine trying to compare balance of speed of SUVs with low gravity vehicles like the ES350 and C300.. Dem say na "Modern SUV" grin.. Na wa o
So you think that you educated us that SUVs are not safe cos they have a 14 to 23 percent chance of a rollover. Bro, you're still living in 2002. Since you're talking about education, you should also Google Stability Control and Super Handling - All Wheel Drive in cars from 2010 to 2022.
My Acura ZDX has SH-AWD and I can literally see my tire pressure percentage go down on one side when I'm taking corners.

Stop living in 1995 and embrace modern technologies and stop buying old cars too. Your 2003 corolla with low ground clearance will lose control and run into the bush if it takes tight corner at top speed cos it has zero handling assistance. Yet a 2015 MDX with Super Handling - All Wheel Drive will take the same corner and go smooth.

All in all, no matter what you drive, speed still kills so I'll drop this topic here.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by foolbuster: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

So you think that you educated us that SUVs are not safe cos they have a 14 to 23 percent chance of a rollover. Bro, you're still living in 2002. Since you're talking about education, you should also Google Stability Control and Super Handling - All Wheel Drive in cars from 2010 to 2022.
My Acura ZDX has SH-AWD and I can literally see my tire pressure percentage go down on one side when I'm taking corners.

Stop living in 1995 and embrace modern technologies and stop buying old cars too. Your 2003 corolla with low ground clearance will lose control and run into the bush if it takes tight corner at top speed cos it has zero handling assistance. Yet a 2015 MDX with Super Handling - All Wheel Drive will take the same corner and go smooth.

All in all, no matter what you drive, speed still kills so I'll drop this topic here.

True. The MDX actually handles better than many sedans. That SH-AWD is wizardry. It's center of gravity isn't that high because it has a wide body.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by gbolahan1(m): 3:16am On Aug 14, 2022
jmoore:
All these ridiculous arguments on speed when bad roads are all over the country.

Abi oo... Where we dey go sef.
Re: Help!! I'm Confused In Choosing Between These Two Cars by lagusboyyy(m): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
Conner44:
If you’re buying an SUV please keep it at the back of your mind that you should not drive at speeds above 100mph and attempt to take bends on the highways without using your brakes just because you’re following/chasing a sedan. it’s a sure recipe for disaster

Even a lowly Toyota Corolla can take that same bend better than a Range Rover at that same speed because of the low center of gravity that the sedan has over the SUV.

You can speed all you want while on a straight line but not corners. Even the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is only the fastest SUV while on a straight line, it can’t show itself in bends like sport cars

Till today apart from popular rally events it’s still rare to see competitive road races where SUVs are used and the oyibo’s who engineered them have their reasons why.
You are absolutely on point.

(1) (Reply)

Auto Gurus Pls What Are The Differences Between These Toyota Haice Hummer Bus / Toyota Corolla Sport 05 Or Toyota Matrix Sport 05 / What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.