Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,562 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! (12768 Views)

MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / Some Things I Have Learned So Far In Internet Marketing!!! You Need To See This / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by folababa: 11:31am On Aug 01, 2011
I can just do any thing, that system keeps logging you out. is it my computer or what? this is freaking unbearable. I do a lot of internet banking, this service has gone from good to bad to worse. Is it just me??
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by docjuli(m): 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2011
GTConnect
Tel 01 448 0000
0802 900 2900
0803 900 3900
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by Ahmedo74(m): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2011
I had the same problem when my pc updated to IE9!!

I started using other browsers afterwards and no more hassle, so try other browsers.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by tjide: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2011
My guy! GTBank has the best internet banking services in the country.

As I am doing this post, their sertvice is up and running

The problem must be from your system, your browser or your ISP
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by saydfact(m): 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2011
well, it's got nothing to do with ur system, I also experience the same problem, and all calls to the numbers above didnt help..

the solution is visit a GTB branch., (this i have not done)

However GTB's service is still the best for me, they shd fix this issue fast,

kiss lipsrsealed kiss
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by holahabib: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2011
ttt
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by daniellle(f): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2011
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by KAYD007(m): 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2011
@ danielle

how do u no i was tryin to get into ur account?

well no prob, since i don empty d account wella tey tey grin grin
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by folababa: 2:07pm On Aug 01, 2011
i mean the service was good for a time. Its not browser related. i have heard the same complaint from numeorus users. i have a lot of accouns with GTB. They are a good bank. I guess you need to understand how frustrated one can feel when a good service goes bad, lol, like all these ISPs we have around. in terms of session handling @holahabib, GTBank is not the first bank to do internet banking. Besides, there are a few things you can do online without a token, they just need to fix this. the same goes for mobile banking etc, session or whatever they are using is just horrible. it was never like this.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by pafectlink(m): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2011
Mine logs out every 5mins, i think its for security purpose
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by holahabib: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2011
ttt
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by bencobenz(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2011
@OP, u are not alone, i'm havin d same challenges. But what i normally do is to make sure
I finished all my transaction before checkin any other application dat is opened. I think its
for security reason.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by folababa: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2011
every online transaction ends within a time frame (including email), but their excuse to give 15 secs for session time is ridiculous (if that is the case). Sometimes in my bid to hurry, i end up sending money into other accounts. sometimes you login and you try to do a transaction, it immediately logs you out. what kinda security are we talking about here, the platform allows only personal transactions and other third party transactions are done with a token. haba! i use internet banking with other banks, they have security too and its not this bad. the whole idea of using technology is to further ease the way we transact, not complicate it.

but like many nigerians we just sit back and look. they should fix it OOOOOO!!! because banks are not beneficial in anyway beyond being just conduits!
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by sheriffman(m): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2011
I think the issue is for security reasons which I applaud.However my question is pls how do u transfer funds from your acount to another banks account?pls anyone in the house should help me
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by agog: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
@poster, it is mainly for security reasons as internet banking is the most susceptible of all online services to attacks. if you recollect GTB internet banking wasnt like this, you could log on for hrs and stayed logged on!! But the risk in this s enormous as someone who is busy may easily forget he has opened internet banking and unathorised person can gain access and thereby siphon his money.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by docjuli(m): 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2011
sheriffman:

I think the issue is for security reasons which I applaud.However my question is pls [b]how do u transfer funds from your acount to another banks account?[/b]pls anyone in the house should help me

With a token of 3k, you will be a proud owner of token hardware as seen in the picture.

Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by MrInfo1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2011
i complained formally to my branch n the lady told me it's due to the IP i'm using to log in  angry
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by MrInfo1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2011
sheriffman:

I think the issue is for security reasons which I applaud.However my question is pls how do u transfer funds [b]from your acount to another banks account?[/b]pls anyone in the house should help me

it is possible but you got to operate a current account undecided
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by abhosts(m): 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2011
The Sessions Timeout duration set by GTBank is simply too low. Most times I get logged out within 30secs. That is not even enough time to cross-check the information you have provided, if you are doing an online Transfer. Zenith Bank is simply the best when it comes to IT related issues.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by mkmyers45(m): 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
@Op use google chrome and make sure your system is secure and you wont have hassels
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by vacancy2(f): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2011
I had a frustrating experience a few weeks back too but I switched to google chrome instead of the IE i was using and since then I have had no problems.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by gidig(m): 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2011
I have done two transactions today using the same internet banking. if it is a transfer you want to do, why not just use ur phone and you are prompted through. you will still require your modem tho
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by folababa: 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2011
@mkmyers45 why must i use google chrome because i have to use gtb internet banking. the session time is just too small. its the same across all browsers, and if google chrome is the recommended browser, they should state that on their website. i have used safari, IE firefox, same thing. Please everyone should stop pushing this security thingy? i want service. put a disclaimer there that reads "IF YOU LIKE DONT LOGOUT IN A CYBERCAFE, WE ARE NOT TO BLAME". Doing internet banking in a typical nigeria cafe is like telling someone to help you punch in your pin at a local ATM!
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by scopusng(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2011
Since yesterday i have been trying to get my activation code for my credit card and after logging in all the required details using my token yet it kept telling me that my account is not valid. I laugh in boko haram
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by member479760: 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2011
i laugh in sanusi! lets fix our roads, get24/7 elect, water, health care then we come back to islamic banking.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by arokenny(m): 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2011
its notin but 4 security purpose dudes! wink
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by DualCore1: 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2011
I can't say if GTBank's internet banking is the best but I don't know of any other internet banking platform that offers wire transfer from your dorm account online so its just suitable for my use.
The platform in my opinion has a bugged session handling process. There used to be a fixed time of inactivity before sessions timed out, in the past. Now, sessions could time out even as you log in. Sorry this is not a security feature it is a bug. When your car's central locks start locking you up when they are not supposed to you dont call that security just cuz it locks the doors. Its a bug you can decide to ignore (like GTB has done) and keep unlocking the doors yourself. Reminds me of the statement on the t shirt i have on now. . . "its not a bug, its a feature" . . . thts a lie in this case  grin

A few ways I have tried to get through this over the years (cuz calling GTB customer care about this is as useless as i dunno, what do you really want them to do at that point? Call the dudes from Jordan?  lipsrsealed).

Be very quick with everything you do on GTB's internet banking platform. If you want to make a transfer, get your token handy before you even log in. Type very fast. No matter how fast you want to be during a transfer please confirm the Account name GTB brings up is the correct account name you intend to pay into.

If you use firefox . . . get the addon that auto-refreshes a page ata given interval(I have forgotten the name but its there, get it from firefox's site). Login into your GTBank account and set the plugin to refresh the page every 2 seconds. In between refreshes ctrl + click on any of the links you want to go to so it opens in a new tab. Sessions keep alive across tabs of the same instance of the same browser so you can be working in one tab while the plugin keeps you alive by refreshing every 2 seconds in the other tab. As technical as this may sound. . . its not 100% efficient. It may fail after a couple of minutes but it works. . .

Happy GTBanking, Happy timing out   grin

EDIT: I'm from the homepage so I am just noticing the title of this thread. When it comes to IT and automation, no other bank does it better than GTBank. GTBank is the only bank I have seen with a custom made application for almost every task. Most of the other banks just have that one silly looking computer programming homework running. . . you know the name.  lipsrsealed
Please guys, don't bring down what GTBank is doing. . . its only in Nigeria we do not value software development. . . this bank spends a lot of money on these custom made software the least we can do is appreciate it and not make exaggerations when complaining.

Infact, if all GTBank customers were highly computer literate and wont think their money would fly if they use the internet the GTBank branches will be a lot less crowded. The only thing I cannot do on that internet banking platform is fund my dorm account and its not like its a problem for them to enable that online. . . they just have to stick to CBN guidelines about money laundering.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by pafectlink(m): 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2011
Of all the banks i have ever banked. GTBank rates no1. Thats not withstanding, they have to change their internet banking loggout time.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by lagoshost(m): 1:14am On Aug 02, 2011
I use my GTB online banking everyday for confirmation of payment, transfers and so many others and I never had any issues.

You may have problems sometimes but that is common with online banking and it does not take to resolve.

They have the best.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by Presegs(m): 4:10am On Aug 02, 2011
Anyhow! !!To me ,GTB internet banking service is still the best and it works for me very well.
Re: Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 02, 2011
Gtbank internet has 2 URLs

https://ebank.gtbank.com/ibank2/login.aspx <-- this logs you out if you are idle for 5mins

and

https://ibank.gtbank.com/Ibank2/login.aspx <--- this logs you out every 2 mins

If you bookmarked the url or you use the one cached in ur browser (the autocomplete)
the you are probably using the second link. check to confirm.

Thats GTbank's approach to security, really doesn't help if you know what i mean.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey / TIG Treasure Resources: Any One Who Can Advise Me On Them? / Uber Taxi Business Inquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.