Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? (28502 Views)

Where Should Power Shift To After Obi's 8 Years? / 2023 Presidency: Southwest Afenifere Youths Promise Peter Obi 5 Million Votes / Fact-Check: Did Two Persons Fly Out Of Crashed Aircraft Conveying Attahiru? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Vixlot: 6:19am On Jul 29, 2022
Several posts circulating on social media claim that the wife of late TB Joshua has promised Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), eight million votes.

In a YouTube video posted by News Express Nigeria TV on July 17, it was reported that Evelyn Joshua, wife of the late TB Joshua, has thrown her weight behind the LP candidate ahead of the 2023 presidential election.

The video which was headlined: “2023 Presidency: Evelyn TB Joshua Promises Peter Obi 8 Million Votes” gathered more than 530 views.

The claim also appeared on several Facebook pages.

On a particular Facebook page named Nolly Roll with over 3 million followers, the post gathered over 10,000 likes, 1,300 comments and 724 shares

We discovered that many of the Facebook pages that shared the post had a similar caption, accompanied by the image of the late pastor, or that of his wife, and in some cases, a collage of both.

“I will give Peter Obi 8 million votes from my church. I never endorsed any political candidate before. But Peter Obi is more than a political candidate. He is a movement under who Nigeria will be great again,” reads the recurring caption on Facebook.

The post was also shared on Twitter.

We discovered that many of the Facebook pages that shared the post had a similar caption, accompanied by the image of the late pastor, or that of his wife, and in some cases, a collage of both.

“I will give Peter Obi 8 million votes from my church. I never endorsed any political candidate before. But Peter Obi is more than a political candidate. He is a movement under who Nigeria will be great again,” reads the recurring caption on Facebook.

The post was also shared on Twitter.

Verification

TheCable reached out to the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) to get either Evelyn Joshua’s reaction or that of the church, with respect to the circulating claim.

Our repeated calls were not answered and later on, the lines were unreachable.

We searched the verified social media platforms related to the church and that of the late founder.

We discovered that on July 15, through the verified Facebook and Instagram handle of TB Joshua ministries, a statement had been published in reaction to media claims alleging that Evelyn Joshua, prophesied victory for a certain candidate in the 2023 general elections.

The post said: “Our attention has been drawn to various social media posts falsely claiming that Pastor Evelyn Joshua has prophesied victory for a certain candidate in the 2023 Nigerian general elections. Please disregard the posts, as no such prophecy was given by Pastor Evelyn Joshua. We also want to remind you that every authentic message from The SCOAN is given only on Emmanuel TV and all our social media handles.”

Verdict

The claim that Evelyn Joshua promised to provide the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) with eight million votes is false.

https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-did-tb-joshuas-wife-promise-peter-obi-8-million-votes

224 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by MaestroID(m): 6:24am On Jul 29, 2022
OBI GO STILL WIN.

SUFFER NEVER TIRE NIGERIANS NI?

Feel free to quote me and you are free to vote your choice come 2023.

But if the current situation of the country is okay n sweet for you then you are worse than those in power who caused it.

Some are saying track records. What is track record compared to a Good Name and being able to provide a working system for the nation. That's for you to decide come 2023

263 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by YorubaYouth: 6:26am On Jul 29, 2022
OK

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by EMXTAN1(m): 6:27am On Jul 29, 2022
All these are Manipulations to tarnish the movement of the Obedients... but it would only keep propelling and advertising..
No weapon formed against this Project shall prosper..!

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by popez: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2022
You APC/PDP urchins will create fake news, and later you still come here and do ‘fact check’.

Y'all should better stop fighting a lost battle.

Nigerians have decided they want Peter Obi, there's nothing you criminals can do about it.

Vote common sense. Vote ObiBaba2023

185 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Mko123(m): 6:27am On Jul 29, 2022

Affliction shall not rise the second time. We've experience some tribulations recorded in the book of revelations in this current government.
Anything to save the lives of a quarter billion is highly welcomed

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Proudlycanadian: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2022
Not like I want it so o but just imagine Peter Obi forsaking us after all these we're doing for him. Some state government officials shows their real colour when in office. Still, there's no other option, Peter Obi for president

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Endsarspillar: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2022
Any fact check that is not about the mystery surrounding tinubu is useless.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by HeadNigga: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2022
The errors in the tweet is enough for you to know it didn't emanate from her. Nevertheless, Nigeria must be rescued. If you don't rescue Nigeria with your vote don't expect it to rescue you from hardship after elections. Do the right thing.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Gten(m): 6:27am On Jul 29, 2022
Keep fact checking till Obi wins.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by sharpshap(m): 6:27am On Jul 29, 2022
It is now getting hot in here!

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by johnwegs(m): 6:28am On Jul 29, 2022
False

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Femiwilli: 6:28am On Jul 29, 2022
Dem dey fear Peter obi

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Starhearts: 6:28am On Jul 29, 2022
Am a well qualified tutor with 3-4 years of working experience living in daddy Street, fagba, Lagos.

I also teach private home lessons such as Mathematics, Chemistry and Geography to secondary school students Leaving around Agege, ogba, fagba, and envrions private home lessons.

You can reach me through my.....
WhatsApp...08025104440
E-Mail : olabisiogunderu@gmail.com
God bless us all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by smartemperor042: 6:28am On Jul 29, 2022
I have been waiting for you to fact-check the age of your pay master, BAT!

Vixlot:

https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-did-tb-joshuas-wife-promise-peter-obi-8-million-votes

18 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Typicalguy(m): 6:28am On Jul 29, 2022
Obi '23 is no joke... Get used to it already... I am very Obi-dient cum '23 cool

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Starhearts: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
Am a well qualified tutor with 3-4 years of working experience living in daddy savage Street, fagba, Lagos.

I also teach private home lessons such as Mathematics, Chemistry and Geography to secondary school students Leaving around Agege, ogba, fagba, and envrions private home lessons.

You can reach me through my.....
WhatsApp...08025104440
E-Mail : olabisiogunderu@gmail.com
God bless us all.

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by JASONjnr(m): 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
This would've been true, if it was Tinubu that was promised the votes ..

But nobody needs to promised Peter Obi any vote because the youths are doing everything possible for his massive winning...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by SirIconR(m): 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
Any Vote For APC is a NO to me

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Bobloco: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
Facts check to check the facts
Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by baligo897: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
smiley

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by 27Pushing30: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
Lies every time from that campaign

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Mrmanability: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
Haba 8 million na play?
Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by ultim: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
Vixlot:

Anytime you see this thee fact check know say na them.
They are agbado people. Ndi apari

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Disclaimer12: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
All these strategies used by the now unpopular IPOB are being employed by Obi's supporters, as much as they will be quick to disassociate themselves from being part of IPOB, but their use of words and strategies are the same, insults, more insults and more importantly propaganda and lies, only IPOB members know the source of their own news, lol! You'll read many weird stuffs on their WhatsApp groups lol! "Israel has warned Nigeria, let my people go" "Donald Trump is coming to Nigeria to declare Biafra" , "United nation has invited Nnamdi Kanu to address the assembly and pick a date for Biafra lol! Buhari is dead and it's jubril ruling us! Lies lies lies and more lies daily ! Lol I know they'll come for me , because to them, whoever has a different opinion must be killed and he's a Saboteur! Lol funny set of people !

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Benki003(m): 6:29am On Jul 29, 2022
Obviously obi go dey obident
Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by twilliamx(m): 6:30am On Jul 29, 2022
R
Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Oduspy: 6:30am On Jul 29, 2022
Lol
Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by flejnr2(f): 6:30am On Jul 29, 2022
Seun I see your hand work weldone lass lass you go obidient

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by Alajiki(m): 6:30am On Jul 29, 2022
It is the way of Obituarists grin

I will liken them to kindergarten children building castles with sand with the hope of living there.

A bunch of delusional yahoos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? by ezechi242: 6:30am On Jul 29, 2022
If you like dig out TB Joshua out of his grave obi will still win with a land slid....suffer *I'll you there....terrorist din enter abuja you still here talking trash.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Baby Totally Disfigured After Boko Haram Attack - Burnt Face And Eye / INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates / ECOWAS Court Orders FG To Pay N15m For ‘Unlawfully’ Arresting Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.