Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? (6667 Views)

How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat / Wording Of The Tashahhud And Sending Blessings On The Prophet / How Should We Place Our Hands During Tashahhud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? by Lukgaf(m): 6:26am On Jul 29, 2022
How should we place our hands during Tashahhud? Shayk (Dr) Sharoffuddeen Gbadebo Raji (may Allah be pleased with him) was asked this question, and below is his response.

Dr Sharoff: The left hand should be placed upon the left thigh; the right hand should be placed upon the right thigh; while the pinkie, the ring finger and the middle finger (of the right hand) should be grasped with the thumb. The index finger should be placed straight such that we point with it, moving it slightly as we supplicate. That is how it was reported in the hadeeth of Waa'il bn Hujr. We should move it while supplicating; that is what the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alyhi wa sallam) used to do. He said, ‘I saw the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam) moving his index finger using it for supplicating during his Tashahhud.’ According to the Maalikiyyah, the (right) hand should be emboxed while swinging the index finger during the supplication. One of our scholars interpreted it to mean that their aim is to make Shaytoon leave their hearts while they swing the index finger. However, what is evident in the Sunnah is what we earlier explained. That is the first description.

The second description is that the pinkie and the ring finger are affixed to the right palm; the middle finger and the thumb would be together in the form of a ring while we point and move the index finger. Both descriptions were reported from Prophet Muhammad (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam). It was reported that when the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam) sat for tashahhud, he formed a ring like fifty-three with his hand.

What we see most people doing is different (from what was reported in these narrations). Some people place their hands on their thighs and oscillate the index finger. There are people who embox the two hands on their thighs oscillating the two index fingers in an orthogonal manner. These descriptions are just like engaging in activities expressly for the purpose of entertainment.

A brother from the congregation asked: What if the index finger is pointed without moving it?

Dr Sharoff: A person asks, what about if we move it once in a while?

The brother: I mean if we do not move it at all.

Dr Sharoff: Without moving it? That is not appropriate. The Companion said the Prophet used to move it; therefore, we will also move it. We have seen someone who challenged people who move it. He is one of the followers of Hanafiyyah; he saw a person moving his index finger while praying beside him. He clutched the person’s hand and smashed his index finger.

The Congregation: Laughing mode activated!

Dr Sharof: That is extremism. That is from overstepping the limits.

SOURCE: EXTREMISM IN ISLAAM, VENUE: LAGOS ISLAND
Transcribed by Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? by AntiChristian: 11:33am On Jul 29, 2022
Lovely religion!

9 Likes

Re: How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2022
Ma'Sha Allah

5 Likes

Re: How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? by Fadddd(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
Masha'Allah

3 Likes

Re: How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? by Gbadespet(m): 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2022
Premiumwriter:
And here brothers and sisters, we have another follower of the demonic Allah ready to kill and burn another human being for the demon he worships.

Like I asked above, just how depraved can you be to see killing another human as nothing?

Just how depraved are Muslims?

This is what I want you to ask and it's so good you ask,
The thread was mainly for Muslim yet you invade there with your negative words,where you called?
A some point you discovered that you Christians are the main cause of the burning,well I never support that but I said that to you just to see you next step and you are already shouting and you invade their thread with negative words in the first place.....
You people needs to check yourself first before you start wailing of burning.

Get off the thread if you are not a Muslim and stop posting rubbish about some People's religion.....
Na Una dey first wahala and na still Una go start to dey cry first

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? by Gbadespet(m): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2022
I don't just know why Christians will click on the thread which is clearly stated for Muslim and start writing rubbish.....
And yet dey shout when things happen way round

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? by naija4life247: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
Gbadespet:
I don't just know why Christians will click on the thread which is clearly stated for Muslim and start writing rubbish.....
And yet dey shout when things happen way round

That's the definition of Christianity. Deceit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? by OPICANTO2223: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2022
So pointing my index fingers signifies spirituality?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? / How Did Allah Command Us To Recite Al Qur'an During Salat? / When Will Ramadan 1442AH End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.