Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,624 members, 7,955,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:36 PM

I Honour My Word Above My Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Honour My Word Above My Name (43523 Views)

Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Honour My Word Above My Name by femoladosu: 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
Pls Nairalanders, there is this scripture i have been looking for, i will be very grateful if you can help me with it. Where God says "H"e honours his word above his name". please help. thank you.
Re: I Honour My Word Above My Name by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2011
"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." - Pslam 138:2

Basically if a man's word is nothing , his name is also nothing if not less than nothing.

So basically this verse is to reiterate that God's word stands sure and he can never LIE, what he says hr will do.

8 Likes

Re: I Honour My Word Above My Name by MATEX30: 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
Let's take a good look at how much power is there in the word of God - http://www.dunamisblog.com/how-much-power-is-there-in-the-word-of-god/

Re: I Honour My Word Above My Name by lightinchrist4: 11:46am On May 16, 2018
"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." - Pslam 138:2

Basically if a man's word is nothing , his name is also nothing if not less than nothing.

So basically this verse is to reiterate that God's word stands sure and he can never LIE, what he says hr will do.

It is Psalms and not Pslam.
Re: I Honour My Word Above My Name by Aarondan(m): 7:39am On Dec 05, 2018
Nice job Weldon
Re: I Honour My Word Above My Name by BarrElChapo(m): 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2023
femoladosu:
Pls Nairalanders, there is this scripture i have been looking for, i will be very grateful if you can help me with it. Where God says "H"e honours his word above his name". please help. thank you.

Actually that is a wrong interpretation of that verse of the Bible. Which is Ps 138 v 2.
Re: I Honour My Word Above My Name by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Basically if a man's word is nothing , his name is also nothing if not less than nothing. So basically this verse is to reiterate that God's word stands sure and he can never LIE, what he says hr will do.
This your special interpretation no make sense at all nor does it answer OP's question which is instead of a statement made by God Himself which is not what Psalm 138 vs 2 is. undecided

(1) (Reply)

My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon / TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 / 38 Repentant Prostitutes Baptized In Port-Harcourt (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.