Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (118584 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2007
Lets talk about our various parishes and the societies we belong to in church and how we think others see Catholics. Do they think we are a kind of sect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by PTH(m): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2007
The most powerful unscriptural cult in christendom.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 10:43pm On Aug 28, 2007
Lol, na wa! Catholicism is now beginning to invite more discussions. grin

Oya, ebos. . . where you dey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2007
These people don carry their wahala come here again? Catholic go detonate bomb for una heads? Dis one na Catholic forum, but any catholic good friend(s) fit join us. PTH, you no be good friend, so, comot here. As for Pilgrim, she is such a good friend but no yab us o.

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2007
ebos:

These people don carry their wahala come here again? Catholic go detonate bomb for una heads?

Hehe. . grin

ebos:

Dis one na Catholic forum, but any catholic good friend(s) fit join us. PTH, you no be good friend, so, comot here. As for Pilgrim, she is such a good friend but no yab us o.

Okay, I hear. I go do my best to NOT yab anybody! Blessings. grin

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by bigfred(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2007
Glory to Jesus! Honour to mary! what about (Joseph Mary's husband) don't he deserve any honour,praise etc.

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2007
Bigfred could say this because he was in the spirit. Gradually you will join Pilgrim to say sorry to Catholics. I know she will not like to say sorry again but I believe, the Pilgrim I have known will not hesitate to say sorry when the occasion call for it. Though, by now Catholics should have received over 20 sorry from her. The condition of being here is that you have accepted Catholic as the true Church. So, we thank God that Pilgrim has finally come to us. The Angels in heaven rejoicing.

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2007
ebos:

Bigfred could say this because he was in the spirit. Gradually you will join Pilgrim to say sorry to Catholics. . . . The Angels in heaven rejoicing.

pilgrim.1 remembers the chorus from last night's fellowship and hums to herself:

Angels are singing. . You are worthy O LORD, You are worthy O LORD!

em. . sorry again. . and again I say sorry - but I did not read anywhere that I should sing to Mary that "you are worthy O Mother. . ." undecided
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2007
@pilgrim

If we can sing birthday song in honour of someone, then why not the Mother of your Saviour.
I sing to her almost at all atimes and it gives me joy.

We don't expect everything to be written down for us to know at least we have the hints.

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by bigfred(m): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2007
ebos:

Bigfred could say this because he was in the spirit. Gradually you will join Pilgrim to say sorry to Catholics. I know she will not like to say sorry again but I believe, the Pilgrim I have known will not hesitate sorry when the occasion call for it. Though, by now Catholics should have received over 20 sorry from her. The condition of being here is that you have accepted Catholic as the true Church. So, we thank God that Pilgrim has finally come to us. The Angels in heaven rejoicing.

Say sorry 4 what? iam trying to take out of darkness to light you there waiting for who will tell you sorry.It has not that extend, there is still room for you to change God is mercifull and Kind.But i will only can only sympathize with if you remain in darkness. I know this is you trick to dorge my question.You honour Mary,and forget about Joseph her husband WHY?

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2007
Oh, Pilgrim, thought you have soft pedal your attack?  But, hope, you saw Mary last night being crowned and sang with the Angels in Heaven?

Now pilgrim, I want you to compare and contrast the regard you have for Holy Mary and (sorry to say this) your mother.  I believe after you have done this, nothing more will be left than joining us once again.

However, I’m a proud Catholic by birth and have not been in any Protestant Churches for over 10 years.  Though, I love them but detest their attack on Catholic.  Pilgrim, you know ebos abhor your stiff resistance and that is the only problem I have with you.  I just hope Pilgrim and Bigfred are ready to learn and then ask me to forward the Hail Mary Prayer to them via Electronics (E-mail).  That will be wonderful having you people in the midst of Catholics.  I will be very happy.

Bigfred, Catholic honour all the Saints of God – Joseph inclusive.  But take it from me Bigfred – you must apologize to Catholics.  If not now, certainly later.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2007
Oby1:

If we can sing birthday song in honour of someone, then why not the Mother of your Saviour.
I sing to her almost at all atimes and it gives me joy.

Well, for now I could only ask you to provide me with the date of Mary's birthday. If that's not possible, then I don't see how that is a good analogy for singing to her.

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by kellorah: 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2007
Sings: [center]We are honouring Mary, we are hounouring.
We are honouring Mary but we never worship her.
People say we worship her. Not at all.
Everybody join the chorus honour her, honour our mother.[/center]

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary. wink

Roman Catholic for life. wink

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2007
ebos:

Oh, Pilgrim, thought you have soft pedal your attack? But, hope, you saw Mary last night being crowned and sang with the Angels in Heaven?

Lol, I didn't see Mary - make I no lie! grin  But again, I'm not seeking to "attack" anyone. So, I'll just shut up in this thread. Fair deal?

ebos:

Pilgrim, you know ebos abhor your stiff resistance and that is the only problem I have with you.

That's the reason why I'll just shut my small mouth up for now! grin

[img]http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~cs644/Godfried/2005/Fall/burgoyne/sonWest.gif[/img]

grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2007
So, Pilgrim you didn’t see Mary? grin You don already lie, nothing like make I no lie. Na wah for this Pilgrim. You mean you didn’t see a whole Mary in the midst of the Holy ones? Unbelievable. grin I don sign out till tomorrow grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2007
ebos:

So, Pilgrim you didn’t see Mary? grin You don already lie, nothing like make I no lie. Na wah for this Pilgrim.

Lol. . . why pilgrim.1 go lie for you - the ONLY ebos? grin

ebos:

Unbelievable. grin I don sign out till tomorrow grin

No wahala. Enjoy!! cheesy

[img]http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~cs644/Godfried/2005/Fall/burgoyne/sonWest.gif[/img]

grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by bigfred(m): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2007
@ebos
lol! apologise my foot, what for?:
that you should obey God's comandment by praying to him(God) through Jesus not mary
that you should understand that Mary is NOT and can NEVER,EVER be the mother of God
that catholics should stop bowing to pictures,images i don't know where they got from
that catholics should pray for themselves and leave mary alone, Jesus to take their prayers to God.

You mentioned rosary infact that is one of the similarities between muslims and catholics, no be only rosary na rosaline

i sign out sha till tomorrow.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2007
bigfred:

@ebos
lol! apologise my foot, what for?:
that you should obey God's comandment by praying to him(God) through Jesus not mary
that you should understand that Mary is NOT and can NEVER,EVER be the mother of God
that catholics should stop bowing to pictures,images i don't know where they got from
that catholics should pray for themselves and leave mary alone, Jesus to take their prayers to God.

You mentioned rosary infact that is one of the similarities between muslims and catholics, no be only rosary na rosaline

i sign out sha till tomorrow.

lol undecided This one too much o. small small abrg.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by kellorah: 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2007
She was the earthly mother of Jesus. She's significant because, of all the women on earth, she was chosen. Don't you think she deserves the honour she gets?

Bowing doesn't mean we're worshipping the images, etc. So, in the Yoruba tradition, yorubas shouldn't bow/prostrate because that would mean they're worshipping their elders?! Those images and rosaries are symbols representing God. The pictures are supposedly of Jesus cos we don't know what he looks like. I know God won't send me to hell for my beliefs.  wink And we pray to God through Jesus but we also pray through her and if that's a sin, then why don't you let God be the judge?  wink

Ebos, why are you telling people to apologise for stating their beliefs?  undecided

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2007
ebos is not telling them to apologies for stating just their beliefs. However, I said they must apologies for condemning the truth they don’t understand. So many things they have failed to believe.

How could someone say that Mary is not the Mother of God the Son made man? If Elizabeth could address her as Mother of my Lord (God), who again can fault it? It was Elizabeth that said “how could the mother of my Lord (God) visit me, as soon as I heard your greeting, the child in my womb leaped for joy”? This was when Angel Gabriel told Mary that Elizabeth was pregnant, and she should go and visit her. Luke 1.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by bigfred(m): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2007
ebos:

ebos is not telling them to apologies for stating just their beliefs. However, I said they must apologies for condemning the truth they don’t understand. So many things they have failed to believe.

How could someone say that Mary is not the Mother of God the Son made man? If Elizabeth could address her as Mother of my Lord (God), who again can fault it? It was Elizabeth that said “how could the mother of my Lord (God) visit me, as soon as I heard your greeting, the child in my womb leaped for joy”? This was when Angel Gabriel told Mary that Elizabeth was pregnant, and she should go and visit her. Luke 1.

Ebos, i can see you want to remain the dark,Kellorah is telling you that Mary was privilegdedto be the earthly mother of Jesus christ, does qualify her to be the mother of God.Brother think now! HABA!!!!!!!!!
@Kellorah
we were instructed in the bible not make images of anything, whatsoever, in heaven or on earth and bow before it, thank God you don't know what he(Jesus) looks like,so where did those images come from? It amazing how you compare culture, (which is physical) with religion (which is spiritual) even at that, the yorubas bow to human beings as a matter of culture not images. THOSE WHO WORSHIP GOD MUST WORSHIP HIM IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH! not bowing to what you created that you don't even know the source. I wish you will think about this and pray to God (Through Jesus) to open you understanding.

1 Like

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2007
@bigfred (catholics should stop bowing to pictures,images i don't know where they got from
that catholics should pray for themselves and leave mary alone, Jesus to take their prayers to God.)

Images help us to remember some past events and also help to know some great men and women of God and the society. Some instances in the Holy scripture where God the father and our Lord Jesus Christ manifested their power by the use of images: In Gen1:26-27 God himself introduced the making of images when he made man in his own Image and likeness. Gen6:13-22, God instructed Noah to make the Ark the image of copper which restored life on earth. Gen.28:18-22, Jacob used the image of stone to demonstrate his worship and dedication to God. Exodus 13:21-22, God led and protected his people Israel from their enemies thru d image of pillar of fire by night and pillar of cloud by day. In Num.15:37-41, God commanded d Israelites to make the image of Tassels which will remind them of all His commandments. In Chro 13:13-14, God blessed Obed and Edom 4 receiving d image of the Ark of d old covenant into their house (example is the enthronement u see in Catholic homes). Joshua 4:1-7, Joshua & his pple kept some stone images as requested by God, to remind them and their descendants how God stopped the river Jordan from flowing when d Lord's covenant box was taken across it. So many others.

Bigfred understand that not all bowing is worship as obtains in some countries & tradition. In Daniel 8:17 when d Angel Gabriel visited Daniel he fell to d ground, was dat an act of worship? Even our accusers kneel b4 their bible or their general overseers pictures while praying. Instead of printing Christ's picture on their clothes they print those of their general overseers who is not even sure of going 2 heaven, and they are not accused of worshipping images.

Wisdom 16:5-11 gives more answer "who turned towards it was saved not by what he saw but by thee O! Lord d Saviour of d world". When we bow to an image we see and reason beyond d image just like d Israelites who were bitten by d venomous serpent were saved by looking beyond d bronze serpent dat Mosed made.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Dios(f): 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2007
Why y'all christians dissing catholics. The catholic church is the father of christianity, afterall they compiled that bible y'all are so in love with. But y'all want to turn around and say they are idol worshippers and whatnot. Y'all christians are crazy. Catholics are just out there, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2007
@pilgrim1: When u can sing praises to your earthly mother, then y can't u honour d mother of ur saviour. You call Jesus Jesus Jesus and you don't accept his Mother, is bad. You don't need to know the birthday date ur instinct suppose to tell you dat. Please we shld stop arguing blindly and face d truth.
The problem is dat you protestant know d truth, but to accept is the problem, maybe because of pride. All d Churches here and there had their root from the catholic church and very soon they will come back 2 their root.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Pilgrim : When u can sing praises to your earthly mother, then y can't u honour d mother of ur saviour. You call Jesus Jesus Jesus and you don't accept his Mother, is bad. You don't need to know the birthday date ur instinct suppose to tell you dat. Please we shld stop arguing blindly and face d truth.
The problem is dat you protestant know d truth, but to accept is the problem, maybe because of pride. All d Churches here and there had their root from the catholic church and very soon they will come back 2 their root.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2007
Keep on educating people who are not ready to accept seems to be waste of time. We always call Blood of Jesus, but nobody has told us where the blood came from, yet we neglect Mary. We are not to throw away those things which can benefit our faith. Goods are called good because they can be used for good: they are instruments for good, in the hands of those who use them properly. Catholics benefits from what they believe. What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing; it also depends on what kind of you faith you have. No matter how you feel about Catholic, it is because you have been hardened and blinded by your own belief.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2007
Hi Oby1,

I understand your concerns. But let's assure you that it's not out of pride that we (or, if I may speak for myself) don't pray TO Mary, in the same way that I don't pray TO my mother. Indeed, the Bible asks us to honour our parents - which is the first commandment with a promise (Eph. 6:2); but there is not a single verse that admonishes us to pray TO our parents - and none that says we should pray to MARY.

On the contrary, loads of verses tell us who to address in our PRAYERS - and unless people feel that Mary assumes the status of a "god", I don't see how they can argue about this issue. Do you have a Biblical verse (any verse from any translation) that says we should pray TO Mary?

I appreciate your concerns - and I'm thankful. For now, I invite you to sing along with me. . .

grin

Rejoice in the LORD - and may your days ever be blessed! cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2007
ebos:

No matter how you feel about Catholic, it is because you have been hardened and blinded by your own belief.

Hi ebos,

I don't think that's a true assumption to hold against non-Catholics. Try listening to them, then check the Bible - and see if they're badly mistaken about the things they've been asking repeatedly without cogent answers from Catholics.

All the same, I hope your day's been good. Wanna sing along. . .? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by bigfred(m): 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2007
Oby1:

@bigfred (catholics should stop bowing to pictures,images i don't know where they got from
that catholics should pray for themselves and leave mary alone, Jesus to take their prayers to God.)

Images help us to remember some past events and also help to know some great men and women of God and the society. Some instances in the Holy scripture where God the father and our Lord Jesus Christ manifested their power by the use of images: In Gen1:26-27 God himself introduced the making of images when he made man in his own Image and likeness. Gen6:13-22, God instructed Noah to make the Ark the image of copper which restored life on earth. Gen.28:18-22, Jacob used the image of stone to demonstrate his worship and dedication to God. Exodus 13:21-22, God led and protected his people Israel from their enemies through d image of pillar of fire by night and pillar of cloud by day. In Num.15:37-41, God commanded d Israelites to make the image of Tassels which will remind them of all His commandments. In Chro 13:13-14, God blessed Obed and Edom 4 receiving d image of the Ark of d old covenant into their house (example is the enthronement u see in Catholic homes). Joshua 4:1-7, Joshua & his people kept some stone images as requested by God, to remind them and their descendants how God stopped the river Jordan from flowing when d Lord's covenant box was taken across it. So many others.

Bigfred understand that not all bowing is worship as obtains in some countries & tradition. In Daniel 8:17 when d Angel Gabriel visited Daniel he fell to d ground, was that an act of worship? Even our accusers kneel before their bible or their general overseers pictures while praying. Instead of printing Christ's picture on their clothes they print those of their general overseers who is not even sure of going 2 heaven, and they are not accused of worshipping images.

Wisdom 16:5-11 gives more answer "who turned towards it was saved not by what he saw but by thee O! Lord d Saviour of d world". When we bow to an image we see and reason beyond d image just like d Israelites who were bitten by d venomous serpent were saved by looking beyond d bronze serpent that Mosed made.

So where did God instruct the catholics to make His image,Jesus image and mary's image. In all the examples you gave,God gave the instruction for a purpose at that moment.Oby1 iam waiting; if you can show me where God told you to make his image,for bowing as a mark of remembrance or whatever, then i will be convinced. God is a spirit,How can you make the image of a spirit you can't see?.God made you in HIS OWN IMAGE,(thank God you know that)why must you make any thing and say it is the image of God when you already know that you are his own image. If you are looking for an image that looks like God, then look at yourself, YOU ARE HIS GOD'S IMAGE. YOU ARE GOD'S IMAGE. YOU ARE GOD'S IMAGE. I hope it has entered your mental hurieism.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by locoman(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2007
If you say you are all honouring Mary and not worshiping her, why bowing down to her image ? I have told you guys before that that image they now call Mary is not Mary, that image was the Roman goddess call Venus, so when they amalgamate their idol worshiping into Christianity they fit in those gods to represent names from the Bible. Don't be deceived.

Non of the apostles ever reference Mary, and it is not found anywhere in the Bible where such command was given.

Mary was not the only virgin at that time in Nazareth, God used her to fulfill his purpose, that does not call for anything like honouring nor worshiping.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2007
These Protestants have problem. grin What the hell Catholic has done? Is this normal? I confidently believe that Satan is very much at work. These people might not know what they are doing. I’m sure. But they can't post any thread against their churches for people to discuss.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by bigfred(m): 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2007
ebos:

These Protestants have problem. grin What the hell Catholic has done? Is this normal? I confidently believe that Satan is very much at work. These people might not know what they are doing. I’m sure. But they can't post any thread against their churches for people to discuss.

Ha! ebos!! ebos!!! you don shift ground oo. see, catholic has done everything wrong in their approach and belief in christainity; if what iam saying not right, then prove me wrong.For me i know what iam saying!, THE TRUTH, which i know you will not like cos truth, they say is bitter.
But why are you dodging my questions?
The answers might be helpful you know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (155) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla: What TB Joshua Said When I Told Him He Was Going To Die / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / "Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.