Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 (1413 Views)

Buhari Orders NITDA To Subject IPPIS, UTAS, U3PS To Integrity Test / ASUU Strike: Integrity Test On UTAS To Last 8 Weeks — Ngige / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by sinkhole: 8:13am On Jul 30, 2022
cool

Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by sinkhole: 8:16am On Jul 30, 2022

Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by Typicool8(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2022
Reading..
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by Ikechukwu183: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2022
Obviously, NITDA was out for a fault finding mission, not an integrity test.

They basically concluded that although the final outcome of the UTAS yielded desired result, the did not meet their (NITDA) desired expectation/method as per "best practices".
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by emorse(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2022
They should fast track, modify and approve this thing as quickly as possible jare make ASUU let us hear word.
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by emorse(m): 10:04am On Jul 30, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

They basically concluded that although the final outcome of the UTAS yielded desired result, the did not meet their (NITDA) desired expectation/method as per "best practices".
You can't really fault them for trying to dig as deep as possible. After all, the system is supposed to handle a lot of money amongst many other very important things. Such a system should be fool proof.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by Ikechukwu183: 10:10am On Jul 30, 2022
emorse:

You can't really fault them for trying to dig as deep as possible. After all, the system is supposed to handle a lot of money amongst many other very important things. Such a system should be fool proof.
Yes, but I sense they were trying to discredit the system (UTAS). I will give you a scenario:

ASUU/UTAS say "0+2=2"
FG/NITDA say "Why did you follow that pattern, you should have done 1+1=2"

Basically NITDA is dancing to the tune of FG.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by emorse(m): 10:13am On Jul 30, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

Yes, but I sense they were trying to discredit the system (UTAS). I will give you a scenario:

ASUU/UTAS say "0+2=2"
FG/NITDA say "Why did you follow that pattern, you should have done 1+1=2"

Basically NITDA is dancing to the tune of FG.
Well, they should resolve their issues quickly so we can rest abeg. It is taking too long already.
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by sinkhole: 10:30am On Jul 30, 2022
emorse:

For your info, there is no report of other platforms, i.e., IPPIS of FG and U3PS of the non academics and from what I learnt, when ASUU asked for IPPIS to be tested the FG then claimed that there is a script on IPPIS that they do not have access to except the vendor (the vendor/owner of IPPIS is not in Nigeria shocked )

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by Ikechukwu183: 11:05am On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:
For your info, there is no report of other platforms, i.e., IPPIS of FG and U3PS of the non academics and from what I learnt, when ASUU asked for IPPIS to be tested the FG then claimed that there is a script on IPPIS that they do not have access to except the vendor (the vendor/owner of IPPIS is not in Nigeria shocked )
I was also thinking of this, they are saying IPPIS is protected under intellectual property. If the owners of IPPIS are indeed foreign, how come FG is trusting them with people's data and huge financial operations/transactions without any integrity test for accuracy, hacks and loopholes.

They are more interested in forcing IPPIS down the throats of ASUU and civil servants even after several compliants that IPPIS is not disbursing accurate amounts.
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by sinkhole: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

I was also thinking of this, they are saying IPPIS is protected under intellectual property. If the owners of IPPIS are indeed foreign, how come FG is trusting them with people's data and huge financial operations/transactions without any integrity test for accuracy, hacks and loopholes.

They are more interested in forcing IPPIS down the throats of ASUU and civil servants even after several compliants that IPPIS is not disbursing accurate amounts.
They claimed that we are broke, but they are happy to be spending millions of dollars on what we can do here in Nigeria!
Nigerians may not be able to build rockets or jet aircrafts but if it is a matter of software design and production there is no limit on what Nigerians could do, this UTAS is a testimony.
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by Emmamay10: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
So, you people are holding the whole country to ransom because of your useless UTAS among others.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by heykims(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

POSITION OF A SELFLESS AND PATRIOTIC UNIVERSITY DON ON ASUU:-
*Professor Ahmed Isah Haruna is a University Professor in Bauchi State.*

He said;
Even in ASUU, this is the worst leadership I have seen in 25 years in the University.

Both Government and ASUU are not sincere on University education in Nigeria. I have not seen any intellectualism in the attitude of both Government and ASUU.

I will touch few things that do not make sense; why is ASUU on strike now? *It is because of IPPIS and after losing out on that, they shifted the goalpost to "Revitalization of Universities" which is very unrealistic.*

Why would a sensible person declare a strike during the coronavirus global confusion? Where is the much acclaimed knowledge?

*This strike was never voted for at individual branches as usual, but truncated by the ASUU NEC. It never happened this way before. The IPPIS unveiled an unbelievable number of ghost workers on the University payroll.* The former GIFMIS payroll that ASUU preferred accommodated all those ghost workers. So the complaint about IPPIS is baseless and unfounded.

*Why would a professor be allowed to visit more than two universities in a month? How would he cover the contact hours and quality delivery to students if he has to visit three, four, five and etc Universities?* All for money. Who are then killing the university education from within?

Why would this malpractice be allowed simply because it is ASUU ? Respect should be earned through honesty.*What is revitalization? Who will source over N1 trillion naira and throw it to Universities for unspecified projects and look the other way? This will never happen. How many Universities judiciously utilized the money given by President Goodluck Jonathan for Needs Assessment Projects? Infact you will see better projects in State Universities than Federal Universities.*

Why is ASUU silent about this? Who actually benefits from major projects? University Management and Union officials as supervisors but not lecturers.

*TETFUND is doing good in their intervention projects in all Universities, so why this revitalization again? Why is ASUU drifting away from sourcing welfare of its members and targeting revitalization? Are they fighting for it's member or the University Management?*

As it is now, *majority of ASUU member have gone to Abuja and enrolled for the IPPIS because the deception is too much. No Government in the history of Nigeria is interested in education. So only sincerity of purpose, honesty and transparency on the side of ASUU would defeat them and not stupid pride and propaganda.*

If Nigerian Universities are winning research grants and doing the research, they would have solved their problems and earn more respect. Does it take new laboratory or office to put up an application for a good research?

*If ASUU had been encouraging good research, things would not have been this bad. You cannot help politicians to rig elections and expect them to respect you.*
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by sinkhole: 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
heykims:

POSITION OF A SELFLESS AND PATRIOTIC UNIVERSITY DON ON ASUU:-
*Professor Ahmed Isah Haruna is a University Professor in Bauchi State.*

He said;
Even in ASUU, this is the worst leadership I have seen in 25 years in the University.

Both Government and ASUU are not sincere on University education in Nigeria. I have not seen any intellectualism in the attitude of both Government and ASUU.

I will touch few things that do not make sense; why is ASUU on strike now? *It is because of IPPIS and after losing out on that, they shifted the goalpost to "Revitalization of Universities" which is very unrealistic.*

Why would a sensible person declare a strike during the coronavirus global confusion? Where is the much acclaimed knowledge?

*This strike was never voted for at individual branches as usual, but truncated by the ASUU NEC. It never happened this way before. The IPPIS unveiled an unbelievable number of ghost workers on the University payroll.* The former GIFMIS payroll that ASUU preferred accommodated all those ghost workers. So the complaint about IPPIS is baseless and unfounded.

*Why would a professor be allowed to visit more than two universities in a month? How would he cover the contact hours and quality delivery to students if he has to visit three, four, five and etc Universities?* All for money. Who are then killing the university education from within?

Why would this malpractice be allowed simply because it is ASUU ? Respect should be earned through honesty.*What is revitalization? Who will source over N1 trillion naira and throw it to Universities for unspecified projects and look the other way? This will never happen. How many Universities judiciously utilized the money given by President Goodluck Jonathan for Needs Assessment Projects? Infact you will see better projects in State Universities than Federal Universities.*

Why is ASUU silent about this? Who actually benefits from major projects? University Management and Union officials as supervisors but not lecturers.

*TETFUND is doing good in their intervention projects in all Universities, so why this revitalization again? Why is ASUU drifting away from sourcing welfare of its members and targeting revitalization? Are they fighting for it's member or the University Management?*

As it is now, *majority of ASUU member have gone to Abuja and enrolled for the IPPIS because the deception is too much. No Government in the history of Nigeria is interested in education. So only sincerity of purpose, honesty and transparency on the side of ASUU would defeat them and not stupid pride and propaganda.*

If Nigerian Universities are winning research grants and doing the research, they would have solved their problems and earn more respect. Does it take new laboratory or office to put up an application for a good research?

*If ASUU had been encouraging good research, things would not have been this bad. You cannot help politicians to rig elections and expect them to respect you.*
That Professor is a failure and he is hinging his failure on ASUU.
I attached the brief Scopus profile of the Prof below and you will see that he only has three(3) articles on the world academic standard portal! Is it ASUU that stopped him from having more research output?
For your information, ASUU does not set any standard in the Universities, NUC and the University Governing Councils do so. ASUU encourages her members to do their work as required but if they refused to do so and the NUC together with the University refused to penalized them then their is nothing that ASUU can do.
For you info too, that Prof is not a member of ASUU!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by Emmamay10: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
sinkhole:
That Professor is a failure and he is hinging his failure on ASUU.
I attached the brief Scopus profile of the Prof below and you will see that he only has three(3) articles on the world academic standard portal! Is it ASUU that stopped him from having more research output?
For your information, ASUU does not set any standard in the Universities, NUC and the University Governing Councils do so. ASUU encourages her members to do their work as required but if they refused to do so and the NUC together with the University refused to penalized them then their is nothing that ASUU can do.
For you info too, that Prof is not a member of ASUU!

Forget about the Scopus profile. The prof is telling the truth. ASUU is doing more damages to the system by going on numerous strikes. ASUU are prideful and not ready to compromise. They only derived joy in number of strikes they declared. Their penchant for strikes is top notch.
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by GraciousVictor(m): 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
Emmamay10:
So, you people are holding the whole country to ransom because of your useless UTAS among others.
i swear this ASUU people no go die better death.
very self centered fellows
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by WhizdomXX(m): 8:02am On Jul 31, 2022
ASUU please call it off.
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by Dvdpity: 8:52am On Jul 31, 2022
Emmamay10:
As USELESS as you are. Disgrace.
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by Dvdpity: 8:56am On Jul 31, 2022
Emmamay10:

Forget about the Scopus profile. The prof is telling the truth. ASUU is doing more damages to the system by going on numerous strikes. ASUU are prideful and not ready to compromise. They only derived joy in number of strikes they declared. Their penchant for strikes is top notch.
You should be ashmed of yourself, please manage to take yourself outside nigeria to Algeria, or even turkey and see how universities are run, and how government is working harder to improve their university overall, Nigerians with sick mentality.
Re: ASUU: Result of NITDA Test on UTAS, 8 - 17th of March, 2022 by Blessing0305(f): 8:14am On Aug 01, 2022
Abeg now the strike can continue, now wey i don finally engage in something. ASUU cannot come and be misusing someone's time and opportunities as if they own ppl's lives.
I lost job opportunities this season cus im a student and no one wanted to employ me cus I'll go bak to sch once strike is called off.
ASUU officials may the seed u sow now b reaped by ur generation.
Graduate someone, no. Free someone to get a job or b useful, no. Bunch of insensitive and wicked parents, rubbish.
How can u compare ur salaries of more than 20 years with pension with that of officials of 4 yrs, highest 8 yrs, if not pure greed. They are intellectuals, cant they think of ways to intelligently deal with government. Incessant strikes making intellectuals look dumb. God forbid.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Searching For Old Friends - Federal Govt College Ogbomoso 1990 Set / Get Complete Sat And Toefl Test Prep Materials For Cheap! / Unilag Latest News On Post Ume Exams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.