Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? (882 Views)

See What I observed After The Death Of My Father / Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Painful Emotional Tribute Of A Mother On The Death Of Her Twin Sons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 10:30am On Jul 30, 2022
It's almost a month now since my mom died and I cannot begin to get over the pains of the loss. My father died 22 years ago when I was yet a small boy and because I went to stay with my uncles, aunt cousins, and grandparents, I was able to get over it after some time, because of how I was treated with so much love, because I was still a child. Children can easily forget pains.

I have come to the recognition of the fact that there is nothing as painful as the loss of a mother.

The first day my mother died, I thought that I would not be able to survive the knowledge that she is no more.

Life looked so meaningless and unnecessary that it looked as if there was no need for me to continue living.

Because everything I have achieved so far was to please her and make her enjoy my money and my little achievement.

But she didn't even live to properly enjoy my money before dying.

Although I have come to accept it, but the shock of her death still continues everyday.

How can one get over the death of his mother considering the fact that someone cannot bring her back from the dead?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 10:30am On Jul 30, 2022
What makes her death so striking(in the negative sense although) is the fact that she always listened to me, although I am not the first born.

When she was sick, if I mentioned that we should go to a hospital or church or anywhere, she would agree. But if my other brothers mentioned anything like that, she won't agree.

Anything I agreed upon, she always bought into it.

She seemed to have looked up to me more than to any other of her children.

So aside from the pain inherent in the death of a mother, I am also sad because it seems as if I was not able to prevent her death, even though she looked up to me.
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:48am On Jul 30, 2022
VeryKindHearted:
It's almost a month now since my mom died and I cannot begin to get over the pains of the loss. My father died 22 years ago.

I have come to the recognition of the fact that there is nothing as painful as the loss of a mother.

The first day my mother died, I thought that I would not be able to survive the knowledge that she is no more.

Life looked so meaningless and unnecessary that it looked as if there was no need for me to continue living.

Because everything I have achieved so far was to please her and make her enjoy my money and my little achievement.

Although I have come to accept it, but the shock of her death still continues everyday.

How can one get over the death of his mother considering the fact that someone cannot bring her back from the dead?
..... SMH. Some of you are bunch of disgrace walahi.

How did you overcome that of your father? Ooh now I know. You were happy when he died.
Most of you sissies don't know how to put a balance on issues like this.

How can you say that there's nothing as painful as the death of a mother as if that of a father is not also painful?

Rip to your mum but try get sense .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

How did you overcome that of your father? Ooh now I know. You were happy when he died.

don't be like that..he was probably not mature enof to understand what was happening then

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by Reinamaria(f): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

Don't you think you're being too insensitive?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2022
VeryKindHearted:
It's almost a month now since my mom died and I cannot begin to get over the pains of the loss. My father died 22 years ago.

I can't imagine wat u are goin through...u are not actually expected to get over it like as if it's a plague or fever but let this mind be in you, that mama is in a better place if she was a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ and consciously prepare to join her by following and obeying the instructions of our Lord Jesus Christ

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:59am On Jul 30, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:
don't be like that..he was probably not mature enof to understand what was happening then
.... Then let him know how to put a balance on matters like this and stop making it seem as if his father's death wasn't painful to him too.
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:05am On Jul 30, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... Then let him know how to put a balance on matters like this and stop making it seem as if his father's death wasn't painful to him too.
It's English, not many are good at using it to express themselves..be nice grin grin grin grin grin father's are loved and cherished
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by chiefolododo(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2022
I am persuaded that you will definitely go over it. It is just a matter of time.

You should be in touch with reality, she is no more. Being sorrowful will only affect you not her and consequently, you may start to live the life she would not be proud of. Cheer up.
May Jesus Christ comfort you.

Receive the oil of gladness

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 11:08am On Jul 30, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

I can't imagine wat u are goin through...u are not actually expected to get over it like as if it's a plague or fever but let this mind be in you, that mama is in a better place if she was a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ and consciously prepare to join her by following and obeying the instructions of our Lord Jesus Christ

Thank you so much for this words of encouragement.
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:08am On Jul 30, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

It's English, not many are good at using it to express themselves..be nice grin grin grin grin grin father's are loved and cherished
.... Ok. Thanks for your understanding.
@ op. Take heart and may God be with you.
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 11:09am On Jul 30, 2022
chiefolododo:
I am persuaded that you will definitely go over it. It is just a matter of time.

You should be in touch with reality, she is no more. Being sorrowful will only affect you not her and consequently, you may start to live the life she would not be proud of. Cheer up.
May Jesus Christ comfort you.

Receive the oil of gladness

Thanks for this encouragement.
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by JASONjnr(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2022
Sorry bro..

To forget about her... you just have to accept the fact that she's no more and she's somewhere resting peacefully....

If you can't accept that... then you can't move away from it and it will drawn you....

Stay strong and positive.... Please dont stay idle... always find something doing for the next few months.... you need to take your mind I to something....
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by Reinamaria(f): 11:31am On Jul 30, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

SMH!
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by godofuck231: 11:39am On Jul 30, 2022
The ability to bear grief and loss is termed as "fortitude" the vision of you stepping ahead and payers to your late mum will guide you along in life as time passes all wound will heal, so will yours , uou will become stronger emotionally and something new will come in your life giving you a greater sense of joy and happiness, thats when you will remember your mother and smile , how strong she was to be a mother to a star
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by nnamdiosu(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
VeryKindHearted:
It's almost a month now since my mom died and I cannot begin to get over the pains of the loss. My father died 22 years ago when I was yet a small boy and because I went to stay with my uncles, aunt cousins, and grandparents, I was able to get over it after some time, because of how I was treated with so much love, because I was still a child. Children can easily forget pains.

So sorry for your lost. Trust me, the first few days will look like hell, especially when you see things that remind you off her. But after midnight, morning will come

Go somewhere different from where to too used to go

Have people you love come around and stay with you

Stay around children, they carry an energy that makes you smile or stop thinking.

Pray, God is very very close to heart broken people.

In all know that you are gonna be fine.
Just stay strong.

SHE WOULD WANT YOU TO BE FINE AND BE STRONG. DO THAT FOR HER.

PS: stop blaming yourself. IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT. IT WAS TIME.

PM ME IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by frozen70(f): 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
VeryKindHearted:

You will get over her death, just mourn her as what you are passing through is part of mourning her

You will definitely be fine
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
JASONjnr:
Sorry bro..

To forget about her... you just have to accept the fact that she's no more and she's somewhere resting peacefully....

If you can't accept that... then you can't move away from it and it will drawn you....

Stay strong and positive.... Please dont stay idle... always find something doing for the next few months.... you need to take your mind I to something....

Ok. Thanks
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2022
frozen70:

You will get over her death, just mourn her as what you are passing through is part of mourning her

You will definitely be fine

Alright. Thanks
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by Ishilove: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

How can you say that there's nothing as painful as the death of a mother as if that of a father is not also painful?

This is very insensitive, Johnny. VERY VERY insensitive

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2022
nnamdiosu:

So sorry for your lost. Trust me, the first few days will look like hell, especially when you see things that remind you off her. But after midnight, morning will come

Go somewhere different from where to too used to go

Have people you love come around and stay with you

Stay around children, they carry an energy that makes you smile or stop thinking.

Pray, God is very very close to heart broken people.

In all know that you are gonna be fine.
Just stay strong.

SHE WOULD WANT YOU TO BE FINE AND BE STRONG. DO THAT FOR HER.

PS: stop blaming yourself. IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT. IT WAS TIME.

PM ME IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO

Alright. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
godofuck231:
The ability to bear grief and loss is termed as "fortitude" the vision of you stepping ahead and payers to your late mum will guide you along in life as time passes all wound will heal, so will yours , uou will become stronger emotionally and something new will come in your life giving you a greater sense of joy and happiness, thats when you will remember your mother and smile , how strong she was to be a mother to a star

Ok. Thanks
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by Ishilove: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
He was young then so it didn't quite hit him the way it is hitting now that he is an adult. Leave him to grieve the best way he knows how to.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by Ishilove: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
VeryKindHearted:

Ok. Thanks
Time, they say, heals all wounds. I can't give you any advice because I don't know what you're going through, neither can I fully understand it. All I know is pain eventually fades. It might take time, but it fades. Death, like life is a part of our existence. Nobody will escape it and it will get to our turn one day, leaving those around us in pain, just as you are in pain.

Ask God for strength to pass through these dark, dark days and He will give it to you. Trust me, He will.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
Ishilove:

Time, they say, heals all wounds. I can't give you any advice because I don't know what you're going through, neither can I fully understand it. All I know is pain eventually fades. It might take time, but it fades. Death, like life is a part of our existence. Nobody will escape it and it will get to our turn one day, leaving those around us in pain, just as you are in pain.

Ask God for strength to pass through these dark, dark days and He will give it to you. Trust me, He will.

Thanks for this.
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by Karleb(m): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
Just time o. I'm sorry for your loss. embarassed
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by ogawisdom(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
VeryKindHearted:

Give it one year, time heals all injury
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by Mariangeles(f): 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

You're letting nairaland influence you negatively.
This is not a fathers vs mothers, husbands vs wives, males vs females situation.
Someone is grieving and needs comfort.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
ogawisdom:

Give it one year, time heals all injury

Ok. Thanks
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by VeryKindHearted(m): 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
Karleb:
Just time o. I'm sorry for your loss. embarassed

Thank you.
Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by Lamanii22(f): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
He was still a child when his father died
JONNYSPUTE:

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Over The Death Of My Mother? by sheDD(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
VeryKindHearted:
What makes her death so striking(in the negative sense although) is the fact that she always listened to me, although I am not the first born.

When she was sick, if I mentioned that we should go to a hospital or church or anywhere, she would agree. But if my other brothers mentioned anything like that, she won't agree.

Anything I agreed upon, she always bought into it.

She seemed to have looked up to me more than to any other of her children.

So aside from the pain inherent in the death of a mother, I am also sad because it seems as if I was not able to prevent her death, even though she looked up to me.
you just dey speak English

undecided
All men must die!

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Clearance Sales / These Are The Real Problems We Have In This World / Pls Help: How To Stop A Child Thumb Sucking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.