Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach (29601 Views)

Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager / Manchester United Appoints Ralf Rangnick As Interim Manager (Pix) / James McCarthy Suffers Double Leg Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by samwash(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good one from my African Brother.
I don't kwn that the lives of Okocha,Kanu & the likes are doing ooo!!
These guys were great footballers in their days, wouldn't they go into the coaching carrier or into sports administration? Na to dey run advert for Bet companies them Sabi.
You hardly read or see our Ex super Eagle players both male or females taking top coaching jobs.
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by anthonyuncle(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
nice one
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Angelfrost(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
emmyluizzz:
of all people

Manchester United is truly cursed

You sound like a child....

Benni is a striking legend.

His coaching is so focused on goal scoring that his teams are fearsome to watch when with the ball.

Yes, he is not the best, but he is as good as any other for this job... Mind you, he is not the coach of the entire club. His job is to ensure the striking department does the job perfectly to the instructions and philosophy of the coach.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by kiddkash(m): 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
Dshocker:
Before them appoint, make dem first score against Atlético Madrid, because like this na 0-0 and dem wan start dey cast people ticket and league never start.
atletico don even score
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by emmyluizzz: 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
Angelfrost:

You sound like a child....

Benni is a striking legend.

His coaching is so focused on goal scoring that his teams are fearsome to watch when with the ball.

Yes, he is not the best, but he is as good as any other for this job... Mind you, he is not the coach of the entire club. His job is to ensure the striking department does the job perfectly to the instructions and philosophy of the coach.

summarize your quote is too long...I can't be stressing my brain

no be only striking legend nah striking gulder
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by kingamaa(m): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good one
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Dshocker(m): 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
kiddkash:

atletico don even score

Chai....Man United na joy killer
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by bolabadmus38: 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
Benny ! I love this guy style of play then for his clubs and South Africa. A great player. Still looking good.
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Angelfrost(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
emmyluizzz:

summarize your quote is too long...I can't be stressing my brain

no be only striking legend nah striking gulder

Sorry... Benni is a good hire, and comes with the needed experience for the role in question! Thank you. cool

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Angelfrost(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2022
Dshocker:

Chai....Man United na joy killer

How?!! They were supposed to walk over Atletico Madrid?!! grin
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Ebubu3: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
This is not a serious club
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by McStoic(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kenog4real:
When will any of our football legends get to this kinda height because even for dey no gree allow them in anything sport.

Nigeria have Michael Emenalo who was a part of the best Super Eagles squad of 1994.
Ever heard of Michael Emenalo at Chelsea? He was their football director before resigning in 2017 to become the director of football at AS Monaco FC; a position he held until mutually parted ways with Monaco in 2019.

He completely restructured the club's academy, scouting, loan and women's team setups, and is credited as a key figure behind the club's success having overseen the scouting and transfers of key players including Juan Mata, Thibaut Courtois, Kevin De Bruyne, Mohamed Salah, N'Golo Kanté, Eden Hazard, and Cesc Fàbregas.

To cut a long story short, Emenalo left both Chelsea and AS Monaco not being sacked. That speaks volumes on his worth. So, there you have a Nigerian who has achieved more than what you are lamenting about.

4 Likes

Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by DUNDEEMASTER(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
J
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Ebifa85(m): 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2022
ATM don score ft man u 0 1 atm
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by emmyluizzz: 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
Angelfrost:

Sorry... Benni is a good hire, and comes with the needed experience for the role in question! Thank you. cool

okay point noted

but if you must know...benni or what ever you call him should not ...I repeat should not be in a club like man United

he should be coaching strikers in a club like Burnley or QPR
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Judolisco(m): 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
Dshocker:
Before them appoint, make dem first score against Atlético Madrid, because like this na 0-0 and dem wan start dey cast people ticket and league never start.
grin grin grin
Sorry o bros
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by yellowgarri2(m): 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
viceddy95:

This Acc na new one na,where is your old Acc let’s see if you be scam or not
boss, make I drop my aza? I'm just a classroom teacher. No salary again for now
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Angelfrost(m): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
emmyluizzz:

okay point noted

but if you must know...benni or what ever you call him should not ...I repeat should not be in a club like man United

he should be coaching strikers in a club like Burnley or QPR

So, who would you have preferred and why?!!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by ppogba: 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
wman:
I usually hear of goalkeepers coach.

I never knew that strikers coach existed.

Klopp hired a throw- in coach when he came to Liverpool.

There are coaches for different aspects of football.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by emmyluizzz: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
Angelfrost:

So, who would you have preferred and why?!!
Raul....van nesterroy....crespo...Villa...to name a few

I don't need to tell you about then...go and verify
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Angelfrost(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
emmyluizzz:

Raul....van nesterroy....crespo...Villa...to name a few

I don't need to tell you about then...go and verify

Apart from being great strikers, what is their experience coaching and bringing out the best in young strikers?!! That's the Koko!

Haven't you heard that great footballers don't always make the best coaches?!!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by emmyluizzz: 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
Angelfrost:

Apart from being great strikers, what is their experience coaching and bringing out the best in young strikers?!! That's the Koko!

Haven't you heard that great footballers don't always make the best coaches?!!

what was the last job of this "your" maccarthy

you think someone like martial or Ronaldo will wanna take coaching lessons from this nigga...lol
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by 9tailskid: 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
Okobola146:
Nice one! Mr Abeni was a very good striker during his time at shooting stars

Lol..dem tell you say na Yoruba man?
Benni no be Abeni oga...
T for thanks
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by popefuse(m): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
Person wey fail as a coach for cape town city and amazulu Nahin man u won appoint as coach. Omo e don be for man united this season
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by sprints1: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good addition but I won't be surprised if ten hag doesn't last till the end of the season As a man utd fan I don't fancy his style of football. we need a coach who can play quick counter game like conte. see how atletico dismantled us today despite starting their own pre season 4 days ago.
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by paxonel(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2022
Okobola146:
Nice one! Mr Abeni was a very good striker during his time at shooting stars
This man united sef

Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by phemmyfour: 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2022
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVJnDqMy-dY

|SOURCE|

lol, Benny that struggles as a coach in SA league
Re: Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach by Walealoba(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
Angelfrost:
What I like to hear.... Congrats to him!

please sir check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Becomes Africa' all-time leading goalscorer In The Serie A / South Korea Vs Portugal: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (2 - 1) On 2nd December 2022 / Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Through Six Managers In The Last Three Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.