Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu (4164 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Christmas: Crowd At Owerri Mall, Shoprite (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by KingClavi(m): 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
So I decided to sit and rest. I dropped at ShopRite and sat just by the Food Spot. After few hours, I got hungry. I decided to get myself a plate of Rice at the moment.

I stood and asked the lady to give me a plate of Fried Rice, a lap of chicken and a wrap of moi-moi with a bottle of water.

When I asked of my bill, she said ₦5,200.

I smiled, paid and walked back to my seat.
But while on the meal, I tried to figure out how the bill came about. I couldn't place it.

See the plate of food below.

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by Mokason288(m): 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
Don’t be silly Oga , that’s not your bill ....

We all eat out every day

You have been scammed

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by parkervero(m): 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hahaha! That 5k fit feed a whole house.

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
Vote wisely!

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by forMom(f): 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
A friend once told me this:
Whenever you visit a fastfood, always ask for the price of anything you want to buy.
Always ask.

Don't assume you know the prices.
Ask for the price.
Before you buy something that'll wreck you.
So far, I've followed the advice.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by MadamVanessa(f): 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2022

And you pay for it?

Lol, even if you're Elon musk senior, you won't pay that amount for this ridiculous thing.

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by doggedfighter(f): 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
Is that the food there?

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by Boogyman557: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2022
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by OVB123: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
This is a big lie. Yes i know that things are very expensive but not to this extent.
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by Boogyman557: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
Holly Gram cool u be MUMU man..

U be JU man...

U allow small girl SCAM u!

70yrs OLD MAN!

Even for EKO HOTEL, There club V.I.P food no reach dat amount..

Either u de lie or u de whine ur SELF..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by zedegit: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
KingClavi:
So I decided to sit and rest. I dropped at ShopRite and sat just by the Food Spot. After few hours, I got hungry. I decided to get myself a plate of Rice at the moment.

I stood and asked the lady to give me a plate of Fried Rice, a lap of chicken and a wrap of moi-moi with a bottle of water.

When I asked of my bill, she said ₦5,200.

I smiled, paid and walked back to my seat.
But while on the meal, I tried to figure out how the bill came about. I couldn't place it.

See the plate of food below.

You are rich now. What do you expect? That the food will give you eternal life?
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by RedChiefPriest: 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2022
Na this nursery 1 pikin food be #5000?
This Op dey whine himself sha

Even if it is #5000,it will definitely not be in that kind of low budget eatry with the plastic chair peeling away like the teeth of my igwe.
You will get silly Prices like that in well furnished and sophisticated restaurants and eatries, not this kind "Chinwe and daughters" food canteen.

Dj! 1 keg of palmwine for me and add 2 plate of palmwine.
Barman! Play me "I no fit believe am" by Olu Jacob's and Nicki minaj.

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
Maybe you look like a soft guy wey no sabi shout...raise voice.

Sometimes, those pretty girls that serves you, add their own little money to the normal bill or they might tell you no change.

The street is crazy, boy.
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by KingClavi(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
parkervero:
Hahaha! That 5k fit feed a whole house.

Smiles.
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by KingClavi(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:

And you pay for it?

Lol, even if you're Elon musk senior, you won't pay that amount for this ridiculous thing.

Very Ridiculous
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by KingClavi(m): 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
OVB123:
This is a big lie. Yes i know that things are very expensive but not to this extent.

I never believed it when she said it. But I had my plans.

She even told me she had no change. So I intentionally told her I'll come back for it.

And I'll come back to get the full balance

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by KingClavi(m): 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool u be MUMU man..

U be JU man...

U allow small girl SCAM u!

70yrs OLD MAN!

Even for EKO HOTEL, There club V.I.P food no reach dat amount..

Either u de lie or u de whine ur SELF..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

I think I'm too big to whine myself with food of 5k.

I knew the reason I smiled and paid. The business is not over. I intentionally gave her ₦5,500 and she said she doesn't have change.

I'll go back tomorrow and make her give me the price tags of the food she served me.

Then I'll see her next action.

I'll update it here.

Stay tuned, Ganja man!

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by KingClavi(m): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
Na this nursery 1 pikin food be #5000?
This Op dey whine himself sha

Even if it is #5000,it will definitely not be in that kind of low budget eatry with the plastic chair peeling away like the teeth of my igwe.
You will get silly Prices like that in well furnished and sophisticated restaurants and eatries, not this kind "Chinwe and daughters" food canteen.

Dj! 1 keg of palmwine for me and add 2 plate of palmwine.
Barman! Play me "I no fit believe am" by Olu Jacob's and Nicki minaj.

It is what it is.

But I'll finish the business tomorrow. I'll make her tag the prices of the food she served me.

Stay tuned

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by KingClavi(m): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
i926:
Maybe you look like a soft guy wey no sabi shout...raise voice.

Sometimes, those pretty girls that serves you, add their own little money to the normal bill or they might tell you no change.

The street is crazy, boy.

She did.

I have her ₦5,500 and she said don't have ₦300 to gimme.

I intentionally left because I'll come back to have her tag the prices of the food she served me.

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by Boogyman557: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
KingClavi:

I think I'm too big to whine myself with food of 5k.

I knew the reason I smiled and paid. The business is not over. I intentionally gave her ₦5,500 and she said she doesn't have change.

I'll go back tomorrow and make her give me the price tags of the food she served me.

Then I'll see her next action.

I'll update it here.

Stay tuned, Ganja man!
Holly Gram cool okay man but just take am easy ooo..

some girls fit change the MATAYANCE against u, she fit talk say u de chyke or ask her out and she no gree, so that's y u come back...

E go better make u 4get the matterz, 5k or 6k na small RUBBERZ, waiting man de CHOP a day self, if them calculate am, e go reach 9k and not to talk of other things..

If too say u one take action, u suppose take the action that day and dat moment..

Na Naija b dis.. police no de support man wen it involves man and woman MATAYANCE..

I no waiting I de CAPRISUN u..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by ahnie: 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2022
I have stopped eating at eateries for the time being,their prices are off the rooftop.

I prefer patronizing local restaurant where with half of the money you spent on your food I would cow to my satisfaction with enough extra meals and lacasera to top up.

Insert is the meal I ate @ ShopRite asaba,it was cheaper than I thought sha

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by ahnie: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
ShopRite
@foodland

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by Abilistic(m): 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2022

So the rice is 3000
Chicken 2000
Bortle water 200?

Just tell her to show you their official price list
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by parkervero(m): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
ahnie:
ShopRite
@foodland
When next you are going take me along with you
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by ahnie: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
parkervero:

may please know **why*?
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by ahnie: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
parkervero:

may i please know **why*?
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by parkervero(m): 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
ahnie:

may i please know **why*?

Oh yeah, the why is it's a good way to get to know us(you and I).

Why do I want to know you?

The why is because I'm getting to like you ni.

So, do invite me to join you when next you are going there... wink

Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by padi94(m): 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
So you chop the food remain small come snap am say yen yen yen .... Nigerians always like to store sympathy Nd cause wahala for other people
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by emetisuccess(m): 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2022
People dey money any how any how. Anyways, na him money, so spend it the way it pleases u.
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by moodyguy: 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
OVB123:
its not a lie ooo..i have personally paid N3900 for a plate of turkey and jollof rice
Re: See The Plate of Food I Bought ₦5,200 In ShopRite, Enugu by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
You've been scammed

I don't know the particular eatery, but no Shoprite eatery will sell this for N5,000

Did you pay with POS or cash?

LIST Of Failed Smes In NIGERIA / Naira Crashes To 700 Naira Per A Dollar! IPOB Youths Come In Lets Celebrate / I Want To Start Yam And Akara Business.