Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,709 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV (53026 Views)

Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / What Happened After I Lied On My CV / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Mystery2020: 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
I have shared my experience here of how I got a job when I lied on my CV
I eventually resigned and decided to start afresh.

I got an invitation for interview at a small boutique in Ikoyi with a "clean" CV. The name of the company is A***** S****** A.M. limited. Their colour is green and orange.

The MD who is a governing member of a professional body told me to do something about my "honest" CV, that he does not like the gaps. He said I should go online to find templates. He repeated the same thing when I met with him again two months later. He did not employ me.

A month later, I applied for a job in the UK without any "CV" or satanic interview. All I submitted was a cover letter stating my educational background and skills. I was given some tasks as test and I got hired.

452 Likes 32 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by jjxxx: 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
Mystery2020:

I got an invitation for interview at a small boutique in Ikoyi with a "clean" CV. The name of the company is A***** S****** A.M. limited. Their colour is green and orange.

The MD who is a governing member of a professional body told me to do something about my "honest" CV, that he does not like the gaps. He said I should go online to find templates. He repeated the same thing when I met with him again two months later. He did not employ me.

A month later, I applied for a job in the UK without any "CV" or satanic interview. All I submitted was a cover letter stating my educational background and skills. I was given some tasks as test and I got hired.

Pls how did u apply for a job in the UK? I’ll appreciate if u can state it here and wat line of work? Thank you in advance.

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by parkervero(m): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
Mystery2020:

Lucky you. Congrats on your new job

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Ancecoker(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
grin
Baba e no get how you wan take do am... U must to lie either in your CV or during interview. Wetin be say me and you know say you no be team player.... grin grin

162 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by symbuul: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Davies25: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
Wow..
People with half baked stories Sha...

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by PUSSYHOE(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
Which job give us full details n

7 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by updatechange(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
Naija na cruise

8 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Regex: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Mystery2020:

You got job in UK without cv, na lie. Tarh mechie onu

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by SIMONEKPA7: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Lia mohd... Weldon sir

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by nwajesus12(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Naija employers na life killers

2 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Okay? Weldone

3 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by bestman09(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
sad
Kindly help me with the link to your previous post about the CV

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Kingpele(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Honesty might be painful for awhile but the end is always full of blessings and peace of mind..it is part of the life of true love God desires to see in us as his children...cheating is always sweet at first but in the end is full of regrets and shame ...come into our Lord jesus christ and he will teach u how to live the life of glorious love God destined for humanity

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Osuman(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
OK oh.
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by 900warriorz: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
This post no make sense coz it lacks details

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Webhome01: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Okay
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by fixedhollies(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
waoh
Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by TollMind: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
See for you to survive the Labour force now, you must be an Agba cooker, cook your CV and your profile on linkedin, that’s what we tech guys do, although we know what we’re doing we just spice it up to attract attention and it has payed many off

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by deri4luv1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
Mystery2020:

Do you live in the UK

4 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by DevilSignature: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
cheesy

Nigerian man is always full of protocols

I always told my friends going around looking for CV formats and what to put to buttress the CV that an employer who wanna employ will not look at the CV format or whatever. All that an employer wanna know about a perspective employee are simple, names, educational background, origin and previous experiences not to much write up and CV format. I pity those who are still searching for job in this wreck country. May the good Lord see you all through.

15 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Obudupikin: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
mascot87:
Vote for Tinubu. The visionary man that will lead Nigeria to the promise land just like Moses led the people of Israel to the promise land. Vote Asiwaju Tinubu for Nigerian prosperity. Don't be intimidated by anyone. Don't be afraid of them insulting you. You can take there insult as a sacrifice for a better Nigeria.
God bless Tinubu
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

You don chop agbado today, abi?

37 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Parachoko: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
Congrat if you're not lying

10 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by Moneyboyz: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
mascot87:
Vote for Tinubu. The visionary man that will lead Nigeria to the promise land just like Moses led the people of Israel to the promise land. Vote Asiwaju Tinubu for Nigerian prosperity. Don't be intimidated by anyone. Don't be afraid of them insulting you. You can take there insult as a sacrifice for a better Nigeria.
God bless Tinubu
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Pele.

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV by pocohantas(f): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
My foreign boss doesn’t know my school. He has never asked. Lol

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2019 Recruitment / I Was Asked To Pay N300k Plus "Spreading Legs" For UNICAL Job Offer - Lady Says / Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Programme 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.