Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados (5613 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 12:03am On Aug 07, 2022
sinto5:

Do you mean there are no Nigerians staying there

Well, I'm a Nigerian... I Live in Barbados...
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 12:04am On Aug 07, 2022
staga:
I live in Barbados. Went there with the Welcome Stamp last year. That visa is for remote workers. You can't work on the island with it.

Apart from the place being quite expensive (I pay $1000 a month as rent), I can tell you that Barbados is an example of a country that works. Not the shithole we call home. There are Nigerians here, but mostly those who are either married to locals, or students of the various universities here.

Virgin and British Airways operate flights from Lagos to Bridgetown, via London Heathrow Airport. You need a UK transit visa. I processed the whole stuff myself with no single agent involved. I got approved, paid the $3000 for the family version of the visa (issued electronically) and got the UK transit visa with not a single stress. Here, there are no illegals. The transit via London checks that so Nigerians are loved here just as if you are Bajan. Do not forget, most of them are descendants of African slaves who were freed and resettled. Many have Igbo ancestry, including Rihanna who is revered and treated like a goddess here.

Estonia, Croatia, Malta, Seychelles, Dubai and Cape Verde all have versions of this visa and they are cheaper. But for me, the choice was an English speaking country with a large black population so we would not have racism issues. I have not experienced any racism or xenophobia here.

Be careful of all these "i sabi" folks making all kinds of comments here. I did not come here on holiday. I live here now and very much integrated so I can tell you what is on ground.

What part do you live??
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Warmaterial(m): 1:28am On Aug 07, 2022
9ja everybody wan Japa...
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2022
Warmaterial:
9ja everybody wan Japa...
Lol.. the country na hell na
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by staga: 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2022
HOKIM:

Bajans are xenophobic. No go there oo

I am already there. They are the nicest people you will ever come across. Much better attitude than Naija people sef.

3 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by staga: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
HOKIM:

What part do you live??

Close to Jacksons. I usually come to St. Warrens roundabout, where you have Dome Mall and Massy's Supermarket to buy coconut water.
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
staga:

I am already there. They are the nicest people you will ever come across. Much better attitude than Naija people sef.

This isnt true... I have met Bajans from all sphere.... infact I'm married to one... Bajans are Xenophobic... pass that Warren roundabout everyday, infact I was passing their while I was typing this message....
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
staga:

Close to Jacksons. I usually come to St. Warrens roundabout, where you have Dome Mall and Massy's Supermarket to buy coconut water.

My wife works in Warrens... I pass that around atleast 2wice everyday.... nice to meet a Nigerian here... though we already have a community...let me know if you'd like to meet up... especially at freedom square...
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by staga: 12:59am On Aug 09, 2022
HOKIM:

This isnt true... I have met Bajans from all sphere.... infact I'm married to one... Bajans are Xenophobic... pass that Warren roundabout everyday, infact I was passing their while I was typing this message....

I am yet to meet a xenophobic Bajan in the one year I have spent here.
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 2:31am On Aug 09, 2022
staga:

I am yet to meet a xenophobic Bajan in the one year I have spent here.
Okay.. you are one lucky fella...hope u are enjoying life here...and met other of our countrymen??
Let me know wen u are in Bridgetown...or mail me,I will give you my #
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by dlordy100: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2022
Vietnam work and study visa available. A lot of opportunities in Vietnam if you're good with your English skills
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by TobyTreasure: 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2022
HOKIM:

Okay.. you are one lucky fella...hope u are enjoying life here...and met other of our countrymen??
Let me know wen u are in Bridgetown...or mail me,I will give you my #

Please can you guys guide me on how I can book my flight to Bridgetown. Please help your brother
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2022
TobyTreasure:

Please can you guys guide me on how I can book my flight to Bridgetown. Please help your brother

You are planning to come to Barbados??
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by TobyTreasure: 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2022
HOKIM:

You are planning to come to Barbados??
Yes. If I can get a cheap ticket.
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2022
TobyTreasure:

Yes. If I can get a cheap ticket.
Message me....email... will try and suggest a route but I need more info
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2022
staga:

Why not acknowledge the detailed information I gave you same day? Be like the 1 ailing person that returned to give thanks to Jesus when he was healed.

Thanks for the detailed informations.
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by TobyTreasure: 2:26am On Aug 10, 2022
HOKIM:

Message me....email... will try and suggest a route but I need more info
DM sent
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Botton121: 8:52am On Sep 06, 2022
Anyone with info on Birthing in Barbados? We will love to explore the option for our baby to have a dual citizenship. Oga STAGA and HOKIM please come to Aid. . I can be reached on IG with same handle. Thanks
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2022
Botton121:
Anyone with info on Birthing in Barbados? We will love to explore the option for our baby to have a dual citizenship. Oga STAGA and HOKIM please come to Aid. . I can be reached on IG with same handle. Thanks

Easy !! Get a Doctor
Book appointment
Let your wife get a UK transit visa
Let her get here before her belly gets really obvious
Or she can come , then while shes here, she can get an appointment with a doctor while shes here
Let her come. packing $$ ... Barbados isn't cheap.
Cost of living for her and Baby , should be between $1500-3k usd (monthly) depends on arrangement and system (while pregnant and after)
Once Baby is born here, baby is BAJAN... but your wife wouldn't as much as get a work permit except she knows how to work the system...
Private Doctor should cost between 6k-10k Usd for everything(if she knows wer to look , it will be significantly cheaper than I quoted)
If you can meet up the above Criteria, welcome!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
Botton121:

Another option, I dont know much about it , is to try and use the public hospital (dont know if she can do that as she isnt a legal resident) , Queen Elizabeth Hospital ..
That one no go even reach $2k for everything
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by lizaire(f): 5:31am On Oct 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by lizaire(f): 5:49am On Oct 22, 2022
@staga please l need your assistance, my family of 5 would love to relocate to Barbados. Thank you.
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:42am On Nov 19, 2022
sinto5:

Thanks for this info, please can you give a detailed guidelines on how I can also go about it and possibly the amount I need and also if it's possible I go with my wife.
Or moreover is there's a way I can contact you, so we could discuss better.
Thanks

You can check this link on how to go about it:

https://nomadgirl.co/apply-for-barbados-digital-nomad-visa/
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Happychioma: 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2022
ferhyntorlah:

You can check this link on how to go about it:

https://nomadgirl.co/apply-for-barbados-digital-nomad-visa/

How does one go about the proof of funds of $50, 000? Haven gone through the processing, dvonly hurdle is the bank statement of $50k. P
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2022
Happychioma:

How does one go about the proof of funds of $50, 000? Haven gone through the processing, dvonly hurdle is the bank statement of $50k. P

Proof of fund is usually your bank statement.

Get copies of your bank statement for the last 3, 6 or 12 months. They need you to show financial capability to sustain yourself and/or family for 1 year.

The amount should be at least $50,000 for the date in review.

Also, google template or sample of "Self-certify Income Declaration Form." Edit it to your preference, fill and append your signature. Submit it along your bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Zenderr: 9:15am On Aug 06, 2023
How much is there minimum wage per hour?
staga:
I live in Barbados. Went there with the Welcome Stamp last year. That visa is for remote workers. You can't work on the island with it.

Apart from the place being quite expensive (I pay $1000 a month as rent), I can tell you that Barbados is an example of a country that works. Not the shithole we call home. There are Nigerians here, but mostly those who are either married to locals, or students of the various universities here.

Virgin and British Airways operate flights from Lagos to Bridgetown, via London Heathrow Airport. You need a UK transit visa. I processed the whole stuff myself with no single agent involved. I got approved, paid the $3000 for the family version of the visa (issued electronically) and got the UK transit visa with not a single stress. Here, there are no illegals. The transit via London checks that so Nigerians are loved here just as if you are Bajan. Do not forget, most of them are descendants of African slaves who were freed and resettled. Many have Igbo ancestry, including Rihanna who is revered and treated like a goddess here.

Estonia, Croatia, Malta, Seychelles, Dubai and Cape Verde all have versions of this visa and they are cheaper. But for me, the choice was an English speaking country with a large black population so we would not have racism issues. I have not experienced any racism or xenophobia here.

Be careful of all these "i sabi" folks making all kinds of comments here. I did not come here on holiday. I live here now and very much integrated so I can tell you what is on ground.
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Temy40: 2:35am On Apr 03
How can I get a cheapest school for international students to Bsc in Barbados please assist
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Profwriter(m): 8:20am On Apr 03
staga:

Please what is the name for this visa you got for yourself and family, Is it renewable? Whats the possibility for citizenship?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hotels In Ikeja Near Airport / Kano Businessman, AA Rano, Launches Airline / Travelling From Nigeria To Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.