Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa (38639 Views)

France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 / Nigeria's Opponent, Iceland, Opt Out Of FIFA World Cup In Russia / Pictures Of Stadia To Be Used In FIFA 2018 World Cup In Russia & Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by HITsquad: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2022
Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia can comfortably host the world cup.

Rwanda "might" be able to do so if you give them enough time to prepare... That country is very organized... The leaders and the people have this natural urge to grow into a global economy and they are doing just that... They are leaving the rest of Africa behind.

Nigeria and Cameroon na shit hole... How can you say Cameroon can host FIFA world,did you even watch the Afcon they hosted lol Nigeria is the worse tho... We are the headquarters of shit hole!

If we keep going like this... In the next 70yrs we still won't be able to host the world cup... Cos we are in Auto reverse.... Everything keeps getting worse and worse as time goes. When it was supposed to be the other way around!

1 Like

Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by COMPAQ(m): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
robosky02:

Nigerian can

But remove Ethiopia they can't even host cricket

Nigeria has no hope. It will be a disaster. Our organizational skills are soo poor. Stadium floodlights will fail, team buses will break down, teams will arrive for matches late, pitches will flood and many, many more.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by ShedrachU(m): 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2022
You mentioned Nigeria and didn't mention culture. You must be high undecided
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Ferrous(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
Only Morocco there, maybe, Egypt, stands a better chance
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Judybash93(m): 3:06pm On Jul 31, 2022
josh123:
Nigeria do not stand a chance to host the world cup... The only african countries are SA, Egypt, morocco, Ethiopia and rewanda...the rest na wash

Ethiopia? They're still going thru turmoil oOo... There's war in the Tigray region
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by kponkedenge(m): 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nigeria
Nigeria was interested in co-hosting the World Cup in 2010, but it never materialized. An oil-rich nation, with the money to host, Nigeria would be an excellent choice in the 2030s. As the time zone is the same as Europe, it’s ideal for audiences in Africa and Europe. On the other hand, in the summertime it can get very hot, so it might have to move the tournament to the winter.

@ robosky02

Who wrote this garbage of an article? Nigeria's coolest month of the year is usually June/July, and that is the time the world cup is usually played, so we don't have to adjust the calendar for it.... Same as South Africa.

A few countries experiences their winter during June/July - almost all Southern African countries, plus Australia, New Zealand etc. So it is the perfect time to host the World Cup for these countries.

Also, a handful of Western African countries experience the same climate like Nigeria's.

The author should have been looking at other factors making it difficult for Nigeria to host, instead of climate.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Ezmans: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
robosky02:

Nigerian can

Ethiopian football infrastructure is far better than nigeria, if you argue me check on dstv
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by namo77: 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
Who is complete sport deceiving ? Remove Nigeria and Cameroon.

Replace with Rwanda, Botswana
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by HarlequinLekex: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by quickly: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2022
robosky02:

https://www.completesports.com/4-possible-locations-for-the-fifa-world-cup-in-africa/

To host World Cup cost billions of dollars.

Nigeria cannot even boast of one standard pitch .

Not even talked about insecurity, infrastructure, electricity etc.

Nigeria World Cup na to fight islamists eg Boko haram and their brothers and kidnappers right now
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Ochyes: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
josh123:
Nigeria do not stand a chance to host the world cup... The only african countries are SA, Egypt, morocco, Ethiopia and rewanda...the rest na wash
South Africa hosted before so the likelihood of them representing Africa is slim.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Ibrahimmufutau: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
robosky02:

https://www.completesports.com/4-possible-locations-for-the-fifa-world-cup-in-africa/
2030s is stii far if can find everlasting solutions to lingering problems Nigeria stands a chance.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Theagnosticdude: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
I'd rather a Sub-saharan African country hosts it. Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and Ghana are good to go. But Nigeria and Ghana should not even dream of hosting it.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by mayo47(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2022
With what infrastucture?

robosky02:

Nigerian can

Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by mayo47(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
2030? Just 8 years away. Nigeria need more years
akpumping7720:
Nice. Before 2030, Nigeria would have been a better country with world class infrastructures.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Ppp1p: 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nigeria in dreams terrorism and unemployment won’t let it materialize
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Sniper101(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2022
With all the insecurity issues bedeviling Nigeria as a Nation, you still dared to put Nigeria as an option in this equation?

Except, maybe, abracadabra would be employed whilst handling the diverse security woes of the country before 2030. If not? Well...
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by rickleye: 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
akpumping7720:

Never say never!

They can’t trust us with the kidnapping going without the rule of law being enforced.
Except it will take place in PH , Lagos , abuja and Ibadan. And only for youth fifa cup
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Cineinfo(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
I stopped reading when I saw Nigeria first on the list.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by akpumping7720(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2022
rickleye:

They can’t trust us with the kidnapping going without the rule of law being enforced.
Except it will take place in PH , Lagos , abuja and Ibadan. And only for youth fifa cup
Yea. That's true. Those guys know vulnerable states they to avoid in Nigeria and even other nations of the world �.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Killermamba: 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by tarantino1: 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2022
No one's talking of Botswana. The African country with the highest GDP per capita.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by ddeola: 5:27am On Aug 01, 2022
Morocco is more than ready, Nigeria is broke according to bubu's men
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Stegano: 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2022
Ola4lead:
It shows this OP don’t understand the criteria in hosting a World Cup, 95 percent of Africa countries can’t host it due to infrastructure issues and moreover SA is now lacking behind and Nigeria is not even in the mix of it.
What are we lacking? You are talking nonsense. We can host it again if we want to. We just don't want to be greedy. Our infrastructure is even better than 12 years ago.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by robosky02(m): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
Stegano:
What are we lacking? You are talking nonsense. We can host it again if we want to. We just don't want to be greedy. Our infrastructure is even better than 12 years ago.

Or we do joint hosting
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Mraaz(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
Nigeria what a poor and pitiful nation
where the citizen are disrespecting it because of themselves
its citizen loot and shed blood on it
poor Nigeria filled with abundant mineral resources enough to fulfil every citizen it yet the citizen kill themselves and loot its treasure yet go to the neighboring country and spread lies
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Godsownfc(m): 9:20pm On Nov 24, 2022
Bro let’s just accept the truth the way it’s, Nigeria will never host the World Cup not in this generation even if it will happen.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Godsownfc(m): 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
Nigeria can’t and will never. Which Nigeria can. Which stadium them wan play the match for Nigeria.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Godsgift7837: 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2022
Godsownfc:

@Godsgift7837
Sorry for disturbing you sir, please come to my aid sir, I am really for real, I don't feel entitled but pls consider me too, I can show you my school ID card, and I can be verified, let me find favor in your eyes sir, if I can get to add to the 6k I had I will really be happy, the country is not smiling and I don't know how to survive this semester without this my hustle, though u don't know me but you that had been a blessing to others pls favor me too, and when I start using this tool and beyond I will never forget your kind gesture towards me. I'm not happy doing this too but please help me
Hello sir, I’m just getting your message now, I don’t need no verification to help you. If you can wait until next weekend I will be more than willing to assist.

Regards.
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Godsownfc(m): 7:02am On Nov 26, 2022
Morocco grin
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Godsownfc(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2022
Cruise grin
Re: World Cup: 4 Possible Locations For The FIFA World Cup In Africa by Godsgift7837: 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2022
Godsownfc:

Good afternoon sir, I hope your work and family are all fine sir. Thanks for wanting to help me sir, I came here to remind you sir, I have price the clipper I was told it is #14,200 last price, I will appreciate any help you can render me sir. It is not easy for me in school without this clipper which use to put food on my table this past weeks. Please, You can send to this acct number sir: 2047184660, M.A, Kuda bank, Thanks so much sir.
please provide me with a different account number. I don search Kuda bank tire I no see am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladan Bosso Signs Contract With Ifeanyi Ubah Inside A Private Jet. Photo / Rashidi Yekini's Mother Wins N2m From WWTBM Game Show [photo] / Project #1,000 To #85,000 After 20bets...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.