Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

What Does Bible Say About Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does Bible Say About Marriage? (257 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does Bible Say About Marriage? by premium9ja(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
Would it interest you to know what the bible says About Marriage? Do you know which bible scriptures are most appropriate to read on your wedding day?
If so, these biblical verses on marriage are wonderful to read aloud at the ceremony, to include on your wedding invitations, and more.

Apparently, use these bible verses on marriage to express your delight, happiness, and appreciation for your partner when you become a married couple.

Below Are The Bible Verses on Marriage

Hebrews 13:4 – Marriage Deserves Honor

Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery. (NLT)

Proverbs 18:22 – A Wife Is a Treasure

The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the LORD. (NLT)

Genesis 2:24 – Both Become One Flesh

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. (ESV)

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 – Characteristics Of Love

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.

It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. (NLT)

John 14:27- God gave us Peace in Marriage

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. (NLT

Proverbs 19:14 – A good wife is God

Fathers can give their sons an inheritance of houses and wealth, but only the LORD can give an understanding wife (NLT)

1 Peter 3:7 - Husbands Reciprocate the Honor to your Wives

In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered. (NLT)

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be yoked With Unbelievers

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? (NIV)

Proverbs 31:10 – A Wife is More Precious

Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. (NLT)

Bible Verse on Marriage And Love

Seize this opportunity to highlight your connection with God and your spouse.

Bible verses on marriage and love will be the ideal way to express your commitment to not only each other but also to your faith.

These love verses serve as spiritual and emotional reminders of the love you share as a couple, as well as a way for you to recognize your religious beliefs while in your matrimonial home.

1 Peter 4:8 - Show Deep Love in Marriage

Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. (NLT)

Colossians 3:14 – Love Binds Everything

And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. (ESV)

John 13:34 – The New Commandment is Love

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (NIV)

John 15:13 – Greater Love is Sacrifice

Greater love has no one than this that someone lay down his life for his friends. ESV)

Source: https://owwire.com/what-does-bible-say-about-marriage/

(1) (Reply)

Questions That Bother Young People / Suicide Feeding For Baby Is Dangerous: I Nearly Lost My Daughter / Meeting Your Daughters Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.