Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History (19700 Views)

Birmingham 2022: Taiwo Osijo Claims Bronze In Women's Weightlifting Event / Birmingham 2022: Laidi Taiwo Claims Silver In Women's Weightlifting Event / Birmingham 2022: Islamiyat Yusuf Claims Bronze In Women's Weightlifting Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by ppogba: 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
Rikze:
Good

It seems our strength in this Common Wealth Games is in powerlifting...

So we have people who can lift like this and they left the country in the hands of those who cannot carry it.

Kudos to the record breaker!

I want to assume was you meant to say is that our strength is in weightlifting.

There is a difference between weightlifting and powerlifting.

Just saying.......

1 Like

Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Kajaard: 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
kozmokaz:
cheesy

She concentrated her anger toward Nigerian politicians and lifted that lol

I just de pity who go face Boxer for this competition

I dey tell you bro. Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
egunna:
can we just stop the trailers going southwards for a week?may b we can find out if the north contributes anything or not.
you did it twice last year but you ended up crying

1 Like

Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by advanceDNA: 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2022
Rikze:
Good

So we have people who can lift like this and they left the country in the hands of those who cannot carry it.

Lol...You are very wicked....nice word play
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by ppogba: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Shey northerners no dey play any sport ni? School dem no wan go, sport mba, ....na religion dem carry for head like sour kunu.....

If Nigeria should integrate, the north go worse pass Yemen, Syria and Afghanistan

The Northern political class/ elite know this and that is why they are bent on using glue and gum to patch patch the country together by fire by force

Aside becoming the nations you mentioned, they dare not live there if the country breaks. The ISWAPs and Bokos will declare an islamic nation and all of them.will move south ward because Abuja will be un- liveable for them.
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by excel101(m): 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2022
What does he meant by "Commonwealth games world record" ??
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by kaywhy09(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
That's my girl
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Danielnino00(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
cenaman:
Late update, Gold that she won since yesterday.

Not true... Yesterday,we won our first gold medal in the game..today we won the second.. three medals in total so far...

1 Like

Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by horlarsaac(m): 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
I went to same junior secondary with Rafi... She sabi play ball wella that time and she used to play with guys.

Congratulations to you Rafi more wins...

1 Like

Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Kennedy97: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
Rikze:
Good

This is weightlifting and not power lifting, the latter is for disabled people.
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Danielnino00(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
excel101:

Sports like that have different records.. There's National record, Continental record, Olympic record,world record, etc... The Commonwealth game is an internationally recognized sporting event, so it has its own record.. Simply put, she set the record for the commonwealth...
But normally,world record is the highest anyone can set, and if can be done in any tournament,as long as it's recognized
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Kennedy97: 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2022
excel101:

No mind Op, no be avid sports follower if not he for no make that kind mistake
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Odaveboy(m): 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nice one .....I watch the other lady too this morning...she won gold
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Hideko0: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
Come and join my team. Productivity is the cure for depression

Get a chance to work and earn 75,000 Naira by just working from home every month

Earn 75,000 Naira writing articles working from home

This project is flexible for full time workers. Just 3-4 hours of work activity per day is all you need to do this, so it's suitable for 9-5ers

Hurry up and apply today..

Send in your application. My WhatsApp contact - Zero Seven Zero Five Four Zero One Fourteen Fifty-Four

Good Luck
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by seunaj: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
Okealaaye:

You're the UNFORTUNATE One here, sir. Nigeria is not unfortunate!
I suppose curse you but I won't
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by GABRIEL6036: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2022
Good of you girl.... You make us proud. Come home and vote Obi. That's all
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Sweetvie: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2022
porthouse7:
Power of ewedu working in Yoruba girls recently
i dey tell you lol grin
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Sweetvie: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2022
Am really proud of you guys
Keep winning cheesy
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by optimismlaz(m): 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Everyone in Nigeria is angry and can lift anything to show his frustration
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Speaklove: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
kozmokaz:
cheesy

She concentrated her anger toward Nigerian politicians and lifted that lol

I just de pity who go face Boxer for this competition

grin grin grin
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by egunna(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2022
akinremiayomide:
you did it twice last year but you ended up crying
really?when staples and other items went up astronomically?someone here on nairaland made a post about it,if u are conversant u shud know.
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by egunna(m): 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2022
Bentizil:

When we stopped your trailers, you guys are the one begging and crying of your loss...
We can easily import and grow food ourselves parasite...
if u cud easily as u said,u wud have started.what u don't have,u don't have.we know what u have ND what u don't.funny u already contradicted urself that u can import.end of story
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
egunna:
really?when staples and other items went up astronomically?someone here on nairaland made a post about it,if u are conversant u shud know.
your farmers where the one crying when they stop goods coming to south
Do we beg them before they continue the supply??NO
We all see how they lost millions of Naira’s on perishable foods.
The north go suffer if we restructure and go back to regional govt(reasons they are against regionalism) .knw this and knw peace
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by 920adebusoye: 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
UP NIGERIA.In ONE NIGERIA we stand.Point zero, don't bring your usual tribalism to derail this beautiful thread please. Use your head well.Your point is zero as your moniker signify. Na dem UP NIGERIA.In ONE NIGERIA we stand.Point zero, don't bring your usual tribalism to derail this beautiful thread please. Use your head well.Your point is zero as your moniker signify. Na dem ...
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
seunaj:

I suppose curse you but I won't

But you cursed Nigeria the Fatherland!
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Abdu81: 4:24am On Aug 01, 2022
If only tinubu can apologize for the endsars mascre the youths might forgive and vote for him.
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Rikze: 5:44am On Aug 01, 2022
Kennedy97:

This is weightlifting and not power lifting, the latter is for disabled people.

Alright, thanks Bro... Duly noted, I ashua you that I will not make the mistake again.

2 Likes

Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Rikze: 5:45am On Aug 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

Lol...You are very wicked....nice word play

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Rikze: 5:47am On Aug 01, 2022
ppogba:

I want to assume was you meant to say is that our strength is in weightlifting.

There is a difference between weightlifting and powerlifting.

Just saying.......

Alright, thanks Bro... Duly noted, I ashua you that I will not make the mistake again.
Re: Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History by Flakky26(f): 6:35am On Aug 01, 2022
Join happy couples group intl where you meet, connect. Interact with other couples. You also have the opportunity to share marital issues click www.sites.google.com/view/happycouples

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man United Crash Out Of Champions League, Drop Into Europa League / Chelsea Confirm Italy's Antonio Conte As Next Permanent Manager / Nigeria Vs Egypt: Allen Onyema Gifts Super Eagles ₦10m, Promises ₦50m For Trophy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.