Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out (74763 Views)

Bet9ja’s Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group, LASG Responds / Customers Cry Foul Over Harassment By Mobile Money Lenders / "First Bank Is A Joke!" Disgruntled Customers Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by bjtinz: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
CrEaToRmalden:

Really sad. It seems the mods here are illiterates. I mean, a simple web cache problem here and it's labeled "hack". The illiterate mod went on to push to front page. Even Google servers go down—no hack here.

Very misleading, and the general public should disregard this typical sample of Nigerian journalism.

Honestly I tire oo. And apparently it wasnt even a generalized outage. They just want to cause unnecessary panic. angry

I transferred with the app today with no hassles and I've seen numerous comments here who all conducted transactions successfully.

Yes, this is social media, but it wouldn't hurt for mods to do a little diligence before reporting particularly sensitive topics like this.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Natajo2021: 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2022
GTB need to appease the gods and the masses.
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by lendahand(m): 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
akinbode1:
For sale
Interested buyer should call 08067619805
how much and location
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Lugianostar(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2022
I no want hear story o to my 500 wey remain for there o??
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by fred04(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2022
But I did over 4 transactions today using gtb app
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by poseidon12: 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
babaolofin:

I don't understand your last IBO paragraph.

Since the case of Loan default between GTB and Innoson became political few years back, I warned GTB to be very proactive about the security of their network through mobile Internet banking platforms. Again, when MTN PSB was hacked some weeks ago, I warned GTB to be proactive about the security of their network through mobile Internet banking platforms.

Most of these attacks come from Nigerians living abroad with very few people in Nigeria.

There is a targeted attack against GTB by some people. The psychological warfare is high now.These people will not attack their own bank but will like to destroy other peoples banks.

What do you mean by "their own bank ...." and
... "other people's banks"?
Too many foolish people in Nigeria.
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2022
Na this same bank i was trying withdrew my money wey my mom sent give person from Pos, i stand dare for 2hours i no see the alert my mom call me talk say first and last name is changed rather the account number is correct
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by bfn1: 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2022
GTB only had a system downtime.
I had to use some other means to bypass the challenge.
Used USSD to check my balance and Quickteller to settle an urgent utility bill.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by africandollar: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
end of the month things...e go pure again by Monday morning.
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Jaqenhghar: 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
The5DME:
Nigerian banks and their vulnerable security.
Are they vulnerable or they intentionally sabotage their security systems
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Olayetan(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ooh, no wonder, they have even blocked my internet banking, been trying to login for some hours and didn't know they were having issues.
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Atllanta: 12:25am On Aug 01, 2022
I just transferred my last 500 I actually transferred 487 cos bank must collect their share
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by AuwalYusuf812(m): 1:00am On Aug 01, 2022
Biafra people at work... argue with ur phone
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Bridget95(f): 1:36am On Aug 01, 2022
AuwalYusuf812:
Biafra people at work... argue with ur phone
may you phone block your yash this night
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by coputa(m): 2:30am On Aug 01, 2022
Calibrator:
Nigerian Banks are the only institutions in the world who will tell you that there is no service to withdraw your money in their care and you will see them taking in new deposits at the teller stand beside you at that same moment.

Deejay Abeg play me "NO Savings No Cry" by Shina Peller ft Adele
All banks does it when there's no cash available in their branch.especially,when there are panic withrawals.it happens everywhere,even in Europe and America.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by ruggedtimi(m): 4:36am On Aug 01, 2022
Wetin happen to ussd
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by dangoteinlaw: 6:07am On Aug 01, 2022
Ulunne777:
Its August/September rush aftereffects.
I learn a lot of banks Tech~software Dev. resigned for abroad. cool

It will take a while for the new replacements to get a hang of things.

Onye obula nwe ndidi
Eni suru grin
why won't they resign when Nigeria banks are just not willing to pay their worth. They think everyone is as cheap as their Tellers.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by franugo(m): 6:09am On Aug 01, 2022
akinbode1:
For sale
Interested buyer should call 08067619805

How much?
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Emola12(m): 6:27am On Aug 01, 2022
I think nothing happen to my #82 Because wahala go happen today for Bank
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by dazzlingd(m): 6:29am On Aug 01, 2022
Calibrator:
Nigerian Banks are the only institutions in the world who will tell you that there is no service to withdraw your money in their care and you will see them taking in new deposits at the teller stand beside you at that same moment.

Deejay Abeg play me "NO Savings No Cry" by Shina Peller ft Adele

That’s because depositing money is safer , withdrawal goes through much more security checks to prevent frauds. So the way banks softwares are designed, once name and acct number is verified , then depositing is free to go.
But withdrawal and transfers involves much more processes. So it is normal not just in Nigeria but worldwide
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Flakky26(f): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2022
Join happy couples group intl where you meet, connect. Interact with other couples. You also have the opportunity to share marital issues click www.sites.google.com/view/happycouples
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by imagrg(m): 6:50am On Aug 01, 2022
Make dem nor hack my change there oh.
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by VMuna: 6:56am On Aug 01, 2022
Promisesmiling:
Eweee!! ... i nearly had emotional juice coming out my eye hole ... naso this my last #285.4kobo wan take go

Ewwwwww!

1 Like

Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Sukovick(m): 7:11am On Aug 01, 2022
STOP GIVING FAKE NEWS.
I just launched my own GTB app to verify the rumors but mind you, I was given access unto..

1 Like

Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by MarketDispatch: 7:32am On Aug 01, 2022
GTBank is not Hacked. Appears they carried out a website or software updates, and one of the plugins is conflicting with the home page.

The core banking application for internet banking is still working because I clicked on log on internet banking and I was still able to access and do transfer normally just now.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by rex21: 7:56am On Aug 01, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

In some cases yes.
Oga its a very big lie. Except its a no cash issue, you wont get your alert until network comes back. The bank at that time makes sure the customer gets a receipt and instructs them to keep it very safe, INCASE!
make una dey spoil the country small small. This one too much.
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2022
SInce the bank CEO Tayo Aderinokun died, the bank has been messing up big time. Useless Bank.
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:22am On Aug 01, 2022
Bridget95:
may you phone block your yash this night
go and die
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Doubleoh7: 8:32am On Aug 01, 2022
maasoap:

Those institutions too should stop exploitative nature. They are declaring 100 of billions of naira as profits every year and yet, paying their employees peanuts. Giving workloads of five people to two people and making them working long hours. I read about GTBank IT personnel last year leaving the bank for other banks and institutions.

The truth is that its not just about the salaries. There are many well paid people that I know that have resigned their jobs and left the country. Some in multinationals that have openings in foreign countries have moved their employment to those countries. Talking about people earning minimum of 1m monthly salaries. The biggest problem no one can endure that is spiralling out of control in Nigeria today is insecurity, you loose all sense of hope when you feel unsafe. And that is the only reason why u see the vagabonds in Abuja recently threatening impeachment, because they just realised 'their' Abuja isn't as safe as they thought. And to be frank, if care is not taken, our banking and health sector might collapse by next year when most of her experienced hands would have left in droves
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2022
GTB or GTCO has been fuckingg up lateley, it got worse since they changed their name to GTCo, Guaranteed Trash Company.
Re: GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out by justmondris: 9:38am On Aug 01, 2022
Ulunne777:
Its August/September rush aftereffects.
I learn a lot of banks Tech~software Dev. resigned for abroad. cool

It will take a while for the new replacements to get a hang of things.

Onye obula nwe ndidi
Eni suru grin

It just a matter of months before the new hands will also jakpa. Poor pay and bad work environment are the major cause.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This How Brutal These People Are (PHOTO) / My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Frigoglass N10bn Glass Factory In Agbara, Ogun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.