Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola (2079 Views)

Obasanjo Tells Old Politicians To Leave The Stage For Younger Ones / Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep / Politicians Above 70 Years Might Be Barred From Contesting Elections. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by iSense247: 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola said he opted not to seek any political position in 2023 because he believes at his age, politicians should quit for younger elements to blossom.

“We are talking about young people, is it not time for us to leave the space? The former two-term Lagos governor enthused in an interview with Punch. “I came in at 39, I’m going at 60, let some 30-year olds too come and start their journey. It’s time to go.”

Earlier touted as one of the frontrunners for presidency in the 2023, Mr Fashola abstained from joining the potpourri of contestants who jostled for his party, the All Progressives Congress’ ticket in the June 7 primary election.

“I’m going home,” he stressed when asked of his next political move.

“You see, next year, it will be 35 years since I left school, 1988 to 2023. So, if I took a public service career, I will retire next year, because the rule is 35 years of service or 60 years of age, and coincidentally by next year, I’ll be 60 years.”

The APC is sponsoring Bola Tinubu, 70, as its presidential candidate in the 2023 elections. Mr Tinubu is Mr Fashola’s predecessor and political benefactor in Lagos.

But Mr Fashola said he cannot answer for his party’s decision to field the septuagenarian for Nigeria’s top job, saying it was Mr Tinubu’s personal decision.

“I’ve answered you about myself and that’s my own decision. The candidate also has his own decision to make that he wants to lead the country in an elected capacity,” Mr Fashola said.

Mr Fashola’s statement echoes that of former president Olusegun Obasanjo’s.

Mr Obasanjo had charged Nigerian youth to take over leadership now and not wait for tomorrow.

https://ob360media.com/politics/politicians-above-60-should-leave-stage-for-younger-ones-fashola
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Eriokanmi: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2022
True, if statement is true

2 Likes

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Totilopussylick(m): 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2022
He is indirectly referring to Tinubu tongue

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by iSense247: 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2022
He had to use 60 so as not to offend Tinubu. He would have mentioned 80.

Tinubu ti lu'le angry

9 Likes

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by libertyfather(m): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2022
Fashola is more sensible that this lies..he can't and would never, even though it true
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by DSC7: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2022
He is absolutely right...

Tinubu the bent shaky shaky BAT and Atiku the Dubai resident should give way for young and Visionary leaders...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Wisetrue99: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2022
Don't mind them, they want to turn aso rock to the home of the elderly

Imagine the work wey be say young people self dey find difficult na him person wey no even fit lift him hand well well, baba 87 won go do

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by DSC7: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2022
Wisetrue99:
Don't mind them, they want to turn aso rock to the home of the elderly

Imagine the work wey be say young people self dey find difficult na him person wey no even fit lift him hand well well, baba 87 won go do

cheesy grin...

If Mr Emi lokan smell Aso rock,I pity Nigerians because Iku Lokan

6 Likes

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by tinsel: 10:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
Totilopussylick:
You believed fake news
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by GoooodHardDick: 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
He's not serious, if he's serious let him tell the druggie who's 98years old to step down and retire from politics

2 Likes

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by GodsOwnMan: 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
peter obi is above 60

2 Likes

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by kokoA(m): 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2022
As if he no collect another job if him party win 2023.. undecided God forbid sha.
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by derecho(m): 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2022
Na now inspector Fash wake up?
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Kaiser20: 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Totilopussylick:
But Tinubu said he is a youth, just 86 years old.

2 Likes

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
The future belongs to the youth

1 Like

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Betanaija42moro: 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
Lol, Tinubu and Atiku should leave the stage.

2 Likes

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by PandoraObi: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
Totilopussylick:
I guess Peter Obi is 59 years old
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by slickbak(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
He’ll contest above 60
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by JASONjnr(m): 12:15am On Aug 01, 2022
Including Fashola himself.....

Most especially Tinubu and Buhari.... they deserve senior citizen's home and a weekly visitation by their grandkids....

Not to vie for presidency..... haba...!

1 Like

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Yankee101: 12:55am On Aug 01, 2022
That is all the 3 major candidates
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by APCnaPDP: 1:33am On Aug 01, 2022
Bola Tinubu 70? With all due respect to Asiwaju, he is definitely not 70. The reports of properties bought by his kids stated that he was 69 then and this was many years ago. Asiwaju is clouded in mystery, he hides everything about his life including his state of origin.

If he wins, he will continue to hide important things about himself and his policies.

4 Likes

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Gadafii: 4:07am On Aug 01, 2022
That’s a tactical tackle on senior agbado urchin cheesy

I want to ask again, how’s Charlie’s boy older than tinubu

1 Like

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Fiscus105(m): 4:48am On Aug 01, 2022
Even Fashola is rejecting his for oga tactically.

Everybody that u see routing for Tinubu, they are doing it solely because of pocket and positions and not they love Tinubu.

They know that Tinubu disadvantages are far outnumbered his advantages.

Age wise? Health? Reckless spending, certificate? Muslim Muslim ticket in already polarized nation?

Every sane person will ask him/herself.
1. as economy of Nigeria is today, do we still need man who spend recklessly?

2. As Nigeria polarized along religion line today, will same faith ticket bring more disunity? In the atmosphere of disunity, will same faith ticket allows dividend of democracy?

1 Like

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by gabolak(m): 4:50am On Aug 01, 2022
Throwing jabs

1 Like

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Obidient4life2: 4:56am On Aug 01, 2022
Oga have seen that is master doesn't stand a chance and all of a sudden politicians above should leave politics. Oga Obi is 61 and he will not leave this particular politics grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Obidient4life2: 5:00am On Aug 01, 2022
PandoraObi:
I guess Peter Obi is 59 years old

You better safeguard your sniper for easy passage. Obi is not going anywhere... Your paymaster must be retired next year!
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by techWriter3: 5:11am On Aug 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by GreatrAnalyst: 5:11am On Aug 01, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Of course.
You won't see him since saying anything about election or his party.
He knew what's wrong, but what's right remains personal to him.

1 Like

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Richy4(m): 6:14am On Aug 01, 2022
In as much as I wanted to agree to this statement... But I will not... Ageism is not the way forward to Nigerian situation...A leader with group of upright team is what Nigeria needed at the moment...

If Obi whom we feel will lead us to the promised land wins the election, we all know he's a good man but if he surrounds himself with corrupt ministers, his leadership will be worse than that of Buhari...

In current Nigerian situation,age is not supposed to be the measurement of leadership but integrity, can do attitude and the ability to deliver..

1 Like

Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by PandoraObi: 7:41am On Aug 01, 2022
Obidient4life2:

You better safeguard your sniper for easy passage. Obi is not going anywhere... Your paymaster must be retired next year!
If you can't do without insult kindly don't come under comments again
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by Obidient4life2: 8:03am On Aug 01, 2022
PandoraObi:
If you can't do without insult kindly don't come under comments again

Interesting! Your can't eat what you have been dishing for others? All urchins must be subdued and you are one of them
Re: 'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola by PandoraObi: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2022
Obidient4life2:

Interesting! Your can't eat what you have been dishing for others? All urchins must be subdued and you are one of them
I have warned you fair enough, I didn't go under anybody's comment to insult them and if I have insulted you or anyone unprovoked before you can screenshot here. you should be sensible enough to own up your allegations with proofs accompanying it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Observations As I Cast My Vote Here In Lokoja / "Claims Of Rigging Don't Add Up" By Mahmud Jega / This Is Iragbiji. The Beautiful Hometown Of President-elect Bola Tinubu. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.