Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep (3522 Views)

'Politicians Above 60 Should Leave Stage For Younger Ones' - Fashola / Adamu Garba: 'To Those Celebrating The Death Of Attahiru, I Have A News For You' / Those Celebrating APC Victory Are Celebrating Criminality - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by gidgiddy: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
Dubai was just a poor desert country in the 50's and 60's. However, Oil was discovered in Dubai 1963. The same Oil was discovered in Nigeria in 1959.

However, Dubai had vision. Below is what Dubai did with its Oil wealth. Check out areas in Dubai such as Clock Tower, Dubai beach, Fujairah City and Corniche as they were in the 1960's and today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by gidgiddy: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2020
More

1 Like

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Proeast2: 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
Lord have mercy, see transformation shocked shocked Yet Nigeria is fighting poverty, diseases, illiteracy, Boko Haram and fulani herdsmen.

Divide this useless contraption immediately!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by gidgiddy: 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
And more

1 Like

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Easternmind(m): 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
I weep ooo!
And with all the looting and oil boasting,Nigeria was crowned poverty capital of the world SMH...Who did this to us naa cry
It is of course pull him down mentality that's causng this...and few bad eggs..

2 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by rexlims(m): 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
And d lifeless one dey compare prices of petroleum between d 2 countries. Him no see this one compare.
Shameless old man.

5 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by JAOS(m): 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
so you had time to write good things about another country and forget your own have you not seen that our country is developing
Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Easternmind(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
JAOS:
so you had time to write good things about another country and forget your own have you not seen that our country is developing
I hear you,developing since 1960,will it develop forever? It's the same 'its developing till 2099,acknowledge the failures and woes and see how it could change Nigeria for better is what I prefer...

3 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Bkayyy: 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
If you Nigerians have nothing to be proud of over the years, we Ndigbo do, even though the war was fought in our backyard.
Now imagine how Igboland will be like after 5 years of sovereignty

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Rossinky: 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
EXCUSE ME WHILE I DO A BIG FAT YAWN TO THIS...

Y
A
A
W
W
N
N....

Broad Street Lagos 1954

Broad Street Lagos today
[img]https://africanismcosmopolitan.files./2013/03/20130308-092034.jpg?w=639[/img]

Lesson: We haven't stood still either.

The only difference we see in the Dubai pics is their skyscrapers are taller. Nothing else is new to Nigeria in those pics.

By the way, do any of you realise that UAE has a population of 9.6 million people, which amounts to ONE QUARTER the population of Lagos, yet has THREE TIMES Nigeria's oil reserves, and exports TWO AND HALF TIMES MORE BARRELS PER DAY than Nigeria, a developing country of 200 million people?

I mean, UAE can build any type of city it wants to with that kind of money coming in.

Their annual budget is 70 billion dollars.

Nigeria's is 35 billion dollars.

I mean...come on.

4 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Vyzz: 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
shocked
Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Rossinky: 9:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
Easternmind:

I hear you,developing since 1960,will it develop forever? It's the same 'its developing till 2099,acknowledge the failures and woes and see how it could change Nigeria for better is what I prefer...

1960 is like yesterday in terms of development.

The USA was independent for 200 years before it became a developed nation.

India and Pakistan got independence in 1947, yet there are still developing countries, with very similar problems to Nigeria.

Leave nations like UAE with tiny populations and huge oil wealth. In the real world, development of nations takes SEVERAL DECADES TO CENTURIES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Corona22: 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
Why exactly is our budget so low. Why are we generating so low amount of revenue yearly, no refinery , no sensible fiscal policy , no sensibly economy plan
What are you saying ??
We are not saying Nigeria is not moving forward.... we are saying the pace is too slow to keep up with our counterparts around the world.
Check out Singapore and China’s condition at 1960 compared to now if you’re so hung up on population
Rossinky:

Y
A
A
W
W
N
N....

Broad Street Lagos 1954

Broad Street Lagos today
[img]https://africanismcosmopolitan.files./2013/03/20130308-092034.jpg?w=639[/img]

The only difference we see in the Dubai pics is their skyscrapers are taller. Nothing else is new to Nigeria in those pics.

By the way, do any of you realise that UAE has a population of 9.6 million people, which amounts to ONE QUARTER the population of Lagos, yet has THREE TIMES Nigeria's oil reserves, and exports TWO AND HALF TIMES MORE BARRELS PER DAY than Nigeria, a developing country of 200 million people?

I mean, UAE can build any type of city it wants to with that kind of money coming in.

I mean...come on.

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Rossinky: 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
Corona22:
Why exactly is our budget so low. Why are we generating so low amount of revenue yearly, no refinery , no sensible fiscal policy , no sensibly economy plan
What are you saying ??
We are not saying Nigeria is not moving forward.... we are saying the pace is too slow to keep up with our counterparts around the world.
Check out Singapore and China’s condition at 1960 compared to now if you’re so hung up on population

Singapore is an artificially created western capitalist outpost which was supported after WW2 to act as a capitalist bulwark against Soviet-backed communism in the Asia Pacific. Together with 3 other selected Asian 'tigers' they we given unprecedented access to western technology, access to western markets for their finished goods, and huge monetary grants and loans at give-away rates. That is how they became 'tiger economies' so different from their 'non-chosen' Asian neighbours like Burma, Cambodia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, North Korea, and others.

China? Are you ready to do what China did to get where they are?

China's history is of bloody suppression of dissent, one-party rule, zero democracy, a ban on politics, no freedom of speech or association, imprisonment without trial, communism, and a ban on almost ALL imports.

Are you ready to sacrifice your liberties, as the Chinese did, to become 'developed' in 30 years' time?

Are you ready to suffer a ban on ALL imported vehicles, in order to encourage local production, and thereby revert to riding BICYCLES?

Because this is exactly what China did.

See, it is so easy to point at countries, and say ''Look at Dubai! Look at China! Look at Singapore!''

But you must study the history of each of those countries to learn HOW they 'made it', or you won't be doing yourself justice.

7 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by seunmsg(m): 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
Whose fault is it that we have refused to build massive infrastructure like Dubai?

Jonathan had the chance to develop the country infrastructure wise but chose to squander the huge oil money that came in during his tenure. The same infrastructure he refused to build is what Buhari is building with Chinese loans and yet, you guys making the Dubai comparison are the ones abusing him all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Corona22: 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
Rossinky:

Singapore is an artificially created western capitalist outpost which was supported after WW2 to act as a capitalist bulwark against Soviet-backed communism in the Asia Pacific. Together with 3 other selected Asian 'tigers' they we given unprecedented access to western technology, access to western markets for their finished goods, and huge monetary grants and loans at give-away rates. That is how they became 'tiger economies' so different from their 'non-chosen' Asian neighbours like Burma, Cambodia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, North Korea, and others.

China's history is of bloody suppression of dissent, one-party rule, zero democracy, a ban on politics, no freedom of speech or association, imprisonment without trial, communism, and a ban on almost ALL imports.

Are you ready to sacrifice your liberties, as the Chinese did, to become 'developed' in 30 years' time?

Are you ready to suffer a ban on ALL imported vehicles, in order to encourage local production, and thereby revert to riding BICYCLES?

See, it is so easy to point at countries, and say ''Look at Dubai! Look at China! Look at Singapore!''

But you must study the history of each of those countries to learn HOW they 'made it', or you won't be doing yourself justice.

Right history lecturer.... I pointed out both countries to talk about your stance on population.
Nigeria is blessed with high amount of mineral deposit (I recently found out that Agbabu , a town in Ondo state has the second highest natural deposit of bitumen in the world and the only place that has more is the bottom of a river.) but most of these mineral resources are not properly managed , some are even completely ignored and their potential is not harnessed resulting in a blessed but poor country. In the little money that we have , 50% is stolen by the powers that be. We can make the country great, we are not just willing. We have the power but not the sense and definitely not the zeal and patriotism. That’s what separates us from these highly developed countries

4 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
Rossinky:

You are one of the smartest,dope and intelligent person on Nairaland that I've seen so far.

2 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by superfitsez(m): 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Rossinky:

Y
A
A
W
W
N
N....

Broad Street Lagos 1954

Broad Street Lagos today

I mean...come on.

uncle you know nothing,,
I don't reply fools like you,, see what you are vomiting with your mouth odour����

1 Like

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
following
Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by WhizdomXX(m): 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
Sad
Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by MrColdsweat: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
[s]
Rossinky:

Y
A
A
W
W
N
N....

Broad Street Lagos 1954

Broad Street Lagos today

I mean...come on.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by MrColdsweat: 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
[s]
seunmsg:
Whose fault is it that we have refused to build massive infrastructure like Dubai?

Jonathan had the chance to develop the country infrastructure wise but chose to squander the huge oil money that came in during his tenure. The same infrastructure he refused to build is what Buhari is building with Chinese loans and yet, you guys making the Dubai comparison are the ones abusing him all over the place.
[/s]

5years gone and you're still blaming Jonathan.

Sorry for you.

2 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
@Righteousness89

Please you are needed on this topic to let them know that these developments are of no use as the Rapture of the Saints will happen soon.

3 Likes

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Judybash93(m): 12:22am On Oct 04, 2020
Rossinky:

Don't forget the sacrifice of lives as well. Due to the 'Great leap forward' millions lost their lives.

1 Like

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by BuhariAdvocate: 12:30am On Oct 04, 2020
I know you are not igbo but seriously you have sense than that thing up there.
Bkayyy:
If you Nigerians have nothing to be proud of over the years, we Ndigbo do, even though the war was fought in our backyard.
Now imagine how Igboland will be like after 5 years of sovereignty
Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Onlinesmart: 12:55am On Oct 04, 2020
Nigerians want to eat their cakes and have. You all want to be as developed as China and Dubai but doesn't want to take the long roads they took. Our leaders are the true reflection of us as people. We are all darker in skin and thoughts. Revolution should first start from our mindsets. Leave buhari first and address yourself. Once that has been sorted, you won't make the mistake of voting a clueless person as your president again. Those 3k and bowl of raw rice politicians share during election will lose its potency.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 04, 2020
Corona22:

Right history lecturer.... I pointed out both countries to talk about your stance on population.
Nigeria is blessed with high amount of mineral deposit (I recently found out that Agbabu , a town in Ondo state has the second highest natural deposit of bitumen in the world and the only place that has more is the bottom of a river.) but most of these mineral resources are not properly managed , some are even completely ignored and their potential is not harnessed resulting in a blessed but poor country. In the little money that we have , 50% is stolen by the powers that be. We can make the country great, we are not just willing. We have the power but not the sense and definitely not the zeal and patriotism. That’s what separates us from these highly developed countries
Scratch that. 90% not 50% is stolen by politicians
Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 04, 2020
Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 04, 2020
AFRICA MAN is busy relying on Rapture, with the hope that GOD will relocate him (Lazy, Corrupt & Dirty) to heaven...
Please, how is that possible..?
IF you are GOD will you relocate someone who wasted his Talents and Resources, knowing quite well that he is more likely to destroy things on arrival....?
Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Taba21: 1:30am On Oct 04, 2020
JAOS:

Mumu

Re: Those Celebrating Nigeria @ 60 Should Come And See These Pictures And Weep by Chiedu4Trump: 1:33am On Oct 04, 2020
The only way Nigeria can develop is for the South to move ahead on its own

Let the North make Cows citizens of the North

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement / Tinubu's Certificate Forgery Scandal Resurfaces (Pictures) / Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.