Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard (1609 Views)

"Violence In South East: Who’s Simon Ekpa?" By Vanguard Newspapers / IPOB: The Taliban Of Igbo Land By Vanguard Newspapers / The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times (2) (3) (4)

Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by joy4news(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
My dear presidential candidate, it is expedient I write to you, especially at this time when Nigerians are in dire need of a leader who can unify the country and restore the hope of the masses. Since your emergence as the Labour Party standard-bearer, there has been a reawakening and re-conscientisation of the minds of Nigerians, especially the young people, from the primitive ‘insult-based politics’ to ‘issue-based politics’.

However, it is a fact that “Nigerians now vote personality and not party” but it is undeniable to say a party is sacrosanct in winning a presidential race, hence, the essence of writing this open letter.

Your excellency, you must re-strategise your campaign to accommodate what can be best described as “party-branding” rather than just focusing on the product (ObiDatt). To succinctly put, it is difficult to sell a brand like Labour Party in the eyes of an average Nigerian who over time is used to the likes of PDP and APC as household names in Nigeria’s political landscape. Hence, a party must be built alongside its candidates and should not leave one for the other.

Sir, you must rejig your strategies to sell the project (Labour Party) if you must win come 2023, as this will also help to get more people onboard and support the movement for a better Nigeria. The party as an entity is more supreme than a candidate who is just a part of the whole. Thus, more effort should be put into branding rather than just selling the “ObiDatt” as a product in 2023.

Sincerely sir, Labour Party needs visibility, and your publicity must be refocused to ensure that all Nigerians identify with the party going forward.

Sir, another area I would like to draw your attention to is the fact that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as an unbiased umpire, would not include the photographs of candidates in the ballot papers as rightly suggested owing to its guidelines and modus operandi, hence, the need to sell the Labour Party brand, which of course, will be impressed on the ballot.

For the Labour Party to win as a third-force party in 2023, your campaign strategies should be refocused on the party side-by-side the candidacy. The strategy should be “party first before candidacy”. An electorate will only see the Labour Party logo on the ballot papers and it is practically impossible to vote for Peter Obi if such a voter doesn’t know the Labour Party as the platform.

Finally, having a structure as opined is necessary to achieve a paradigm shift in the face of the 2023 general election and that must start with the brand visibility of the Labour Party.

With all the aforementioned put into consideration, I see the possibility of Labour Party taking over the mantle of leadership come 2023.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/open-letter-to-peter-obi

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by God1000(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
Good letter

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by derecho(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2022
They are doing it already and much more will be done.
Campaign starts September

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Penguin2: 10:47pm On Jul 31, 2022
I think Vanguard has switched sides.

They used to be APCentric in the past.

What happened?

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Totilopussylick(m): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2022
Penguin2:

What happened?

They suddenly turned obidient tongue

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Obojuju: 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
This really makes sense. I believe in the coming days the campaign will be swift and Labour Party will be in much broader spotlight. We Move!

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Abfinest007(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nothing to rebrand here .one contestant is technically out of the way remaining one .my people ,ona know who I dey talk about

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by donaldking100: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
a
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Betanaija42moro: 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
Making sense, I believe in the coming days people will get to know more about the party.
More awareness is being created now.

Obi is coming. Remain Obidient

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by JASONjnr(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2022
Thank God I was able to update my PVC and changed my voting center to a nearby center....

APC go see shege....

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by chuksbogus: 12:10am On Aug 01, 2022
Obi is on the right track. He is not campaigning. He is just granting interviews and having Nigerians have him in their consciousness all the time. The real campaign will start in September that's when they will be campaign and bringing labor party in play. If they do what yiu are saying now it will be contravaning the electoral law.
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by chuka5000(m): 1:10am On Aug 01, 2022
Dear vanguard

Obidatti is very much on track.
If people know them, they will very know the party. Besides campaign haven't started.
Do u want them to stop granting interviews and public appearances and start publishing party logo only?

Everything u want or expect then to do will be done.
The ones they can't do, we will do it for free. That's why we're obidient.

Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 01, 2022
Its all good news
OBIDIENT people always receive good news
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by onumadu: 2:48am On Aug 01, 2022
Great letter. Very useful advice.
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by beelon1020(m): 2:48am On Aug 01, 2022
What do you expect from olodo social media president?... if obi win one state.. na rigging...
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Coolsperm: 3:10am On Aug 01, 2022
Nice write up there, No body should vote Tinubu he has nothing to offer
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by PapaHadum: 3:29am On Aug 01, 2022
Very patriotic letter written in utmost good faith.

#ObidientlyYusful
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Abdu81: 3:38am On Aug 01, 2022
Everyone is beginning to see the possibility of ObiDatti 2023.
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Abdu81: 3:40am On Aug 01, 2022
beelon1020:
What do you expect from olodo social media president?... if obi win one state.. na rigging...
just minus the votes of the Yoruba Muslims obi takes the rest.
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Gadafii: 3:48am On Aug 01, 2022
Penguin2:

What happened?
no sane person will still support apc and it’s candidates
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by seunlayi(m): 5:59am On Aug 01, 2022
This writer get sense
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by seunlayi(m): 6:09am On Aug 01, 2022
This people are just making obi loss to be easier. Nigeria presidential election is more of a party things not individual. Individual candidacy can only work up to senators level.

Moreover, I can see some Tinubu zombies strategizing on promoting obi just to help split APC opposition votes in the coming election. They know once opposition can't unite, their votes will be split hereby making it easier for bat to win. Good forbid.

Obi should actually have queued up in PDP , negotiate with Atiku to serve for just one term with good works.
Obi's lost in this coming electio
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by techWriter3: 6:12am On Aug 01, 2022
They suddenly came politicians dient
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Bar1941(m): 6:14am On Aug 01, 2022
Clowns everywhere
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by beelon1020(m): 1:20am On Aug 02, 2022
Abdu81:
just minus the votes of the Yoruba Muslims obi takes the rest.
Take watin?.. you guys have a way of not facing Reality... if obi win one state... na rigging...
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 1:24am On Aug 02, 2022
as a igbo, just go to Facebook news page and say peter Obi's supporters should trend carefully and you will see those hyenas Obi igbo supporters bouncing on you

Peter obi as a PDP candidate is not a challenge not to talk of when two gladiators are on ballot box

if Tinubu or Atiku is LP candidate and obi is PDP, them go still win this lying machine. Igbo are yet to know era of Azikwe kind of politics don pass

e go clear for una eyes in few months time
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by PreacherMan007: 1:40am On Aug 02, 2022
OBI-dient is Yus-ful than sacrifice. All ideas are welcomed to win 2023 election. Go Peter Go Yusuf. With the emergence of Peter Obi, there will definitely be hope for Nigeria.
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by Abdu81: 11:34am On Aug 02, 2022
[quote author=beelon1020 post=115297224] Take watin?.. you guys have a way of not facing Reality... if obi win one state... na rigging...[/quote
Hahahaha, the Nigerian Christians will teach
guys a serious lesson, go and share your Muslims votes.

That's the reality.
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by ajekpaks(m): 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2022
Re: Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard by beelon1020(m): 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2022
[quote author=Abdu81 post=115307341][/quote]Lol... this is politics not religion... even the percentage of christians voting for obistingy is very low... it’s has happened before in the time of Abiola and it will happen again...
this is not a relay of religion but competency... get it?

Tinubu Supporters Who Are Thinking Wild Should Know This / Breaking News!!! See New Nigerian Countries With Documents In UN!!! / Prominent PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi, Defects To Labour Party