Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! (2367 Views)

UK STUDENT VISA WARNING: UKBA Approved Banks For Maintenance Funds / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by swiftycool(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2007
Hi everyone!
Recently i got a disturbing news about too many nigerians being denied UK student's visas, despite the authenticity of their intentions, this could be so painful and in some cases makes some people not want to go on.

This thread is created to encourage aspiring AUTHENTIC student visa applicants to make the move and prevent those silly mistakes that have caused many their dreams of studying abroad. Questions and answers are expected over salient points to be considered in filling up the new VF forms and student Questionaires, documentations money matters, correspondence etc.

Please if you have been issued a study visa, lets hear your experience, if u are an AUTHENTIC consultant lets get to know u, IF YOU can help a brother or sister out do it here. No back door processes are welcomed here pls.

Lets give our Naija graduates a second chance of getting a real internationally valued education, a rudiment for Nation building .
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by modeM: 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2007
My own lil piece of advice.Plan your application
1 apply early enough,if possible two to three months before you intend to travel.

2Submit genuine documents,no forged documents at all.The High Commission contacted everyone involved in my application,my sponsor,my relatives abroad and even my sponsors bank and asked them to read out each line of her debit and credit transaction to crosscheck with what they have.

3 Answer the questions on your student questionnaire intelligently,give enough information about your plans and why you chose your programme and the Uni.

4 Commit all to God's hands,Hez the final authority.
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by swiftycool(m): 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2007
1. True, i realise that most people that get denied apply quite close to the start off date of their course, wheras they got accepted by the school quite long ago
2. Another fact is that most time if your sponsor is not a close family relative like a brother, uncle, father/ mother, some suspicion might arise
Mind u an uncle can prove so by his sur name,  (which should be urs, or ur mums madien name or change of name docs.) if he has any

3. One other main fact ive come to realise is that if your sponsor has too many dependents, yet his annual income is not really that much
they tend to believe he/she would be incapable of funding u , as a lot of others are on his list of responsibilities. stagnant  or miraculously appearing funds do not impress them, your bank statement should show continous transactions based on your business income sources.

4. Property deeds are mostly neglected by applicants but unknown to them these are some of the strongest ties that prove you will return back to your   
   country after studies
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by swiftycool(m): 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2007
Do you know that the new biometric system is being used to track down people who aquired new passports because they were denied a visa on their former ones.
If u have been denied a visa before, here is an advice, use the old passport for your appeal, it is safer. if u get a new one and apply as another person, the Biometrics will be used to identify u and u might never be given another opportunity again. i just got this information from a lawyer friend of mine who was battling one one such cases. The new UK visa offices have direct links to all Nigerian Passport issuing offices and are able to detect multiple identity individuals. Just for your advice
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by swiftycool(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2007
Hi again , its so funny that people are not asking questions on this thread yet quite a lot of people are viewing on to get information. Well i just thought since u might be shy, ill do u a favour and give u a list of important documents required to make a successful application, if yo have  no idea.
Here they are

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR STANDARD UK STUDENT VISA APPLICATION

1. Sponsors Documents
a. Letter from employer
b. Sworn affidavidt of declaration stating relationship, and sponsorship intention
c. Sponsors Pay slips
d. bank statements
e. Property deeds/ investment statements
f.  Letter from sponsor about sponsorship intentions
g. Letter of invitation (if applicant intends to live with sponsor based abroad)
h. utility Bills
i. Tax clearance cert.
j. Copies of i.d card / int passport
k. Business registration documents (if in business) other proofs of business e.g Recipts, invoices, way bill etc.

2. Applicants Documents
a. Letter from employer (if employed)
b. pay slips                 (if empoyed)
c. Tax clearance Cert. (if employed or in business)
d. Affidavidt of declaration of intention
e. letter of identification by former institution (if a fresh graduate)
f. identity card
g. Bank statement
h.Birth certificate

3. Study in Uk Documents

a. Acceptance letter / unconditional admission offer from school in UK
b. Letter from school on accommodation
c. All previous school certificates or statement of results till date
e. tenament agreement for proposed accommodation (if self sourced)

4. GENERAL
a. completed current VF application form
b. Well completedStudent questionaire form (for students only)
c Valid International passport
c. Passport photograph to meet required standard stated on VF form

Any other relevant documents e.g  receipts of fees paid, Recomendation letters, honorary Certificates of achievements etc.

it is not compulsery that all documents specified above are provided but from my experience the more information about yourself you are able to provide the more convincing you appear to them which makes it easier to make their decision.

Also, all original copies must be supplied for the essential personal documents in the case of the absence submit photocopies/ scans but ensure u write where original copies are and sign (e.g original copy in possesion of university of, ) Sign

Any documents that might be incriminating or contradictory is better not included.

For English language qualification,

1.Refer to the letter of acceptance which will state your English language proficiency based on your sent transcripts as a requirement for them accepting u.
2. State the fact that you fulfiled English language requirements for BSc course in Nigerian Universities/ Polytechnics i.e GNS, GST, LGE etc, as well as SSCE .
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by naijatown(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hello everyone,

Am pleased to learn of this forum.It serves as a veritable place for Nigerians(both home and abroad) to express their profoud opinions on a myriad of issues.

Ive been reading your many contributions to this forum and I have in no small way benifitted from other peoples experiences,testimonies and advice.Perhaps it would have been better if I had discovered this forum before I submitted my application to the britsh high commission in lagos ,for a student's visa!

I kindly request the team of experts on visa issues to please advise me ,as i believe my case is a litte peculiar to the ones Ive been reading about so far.

I recently submitted an application to study for an msc(international business) in london.i have studied in the uk as a minor from 1981 till 1987(am 28 now).I was accompanied by late father.I was in the Uk legally and stayed with white guardians througout my time as a student in the uk.However in 1987 my late father requested i return to Nigeria to continue with my studies.Since 1987 ive been actively engaged in my studies.I would like to state however that the name i travelled under is quite different from the name i was to later bear as a student in the uk.The reason i was told was that the whites found it hard to pronouce my original name and for the convenience of everyone i had to adopt my late father's first name as my surname.Unfortuately I also cant find my passsport aand therefore have little evidence of my past travels as all my travel documents were in the possession of my late father.All i have is two certificates awarded to me in london and an old pix of me in my british school uniform.I have submitted these documents as supporting documents with my application form.

Am a graduate(bsc business administration) and i have 1 and a half years working experience.I now run my own business in nigeria.

I inherited shares from my late father and the dividends are paid in USD into my dorm account .

My sponsor(although i really dont need a sponsor)is my mother's step brother.They dont share my mother's maiden name.He has provided me with his shares certificate ,statement of account,receipts ,invoices,affidavit,and letter of support.

I have provided my business registration,statement of account in naira and USD.my business invoice,receipts and statement of purpose ,letter of unconditional offer from uk school and receipts for 50% deposit payment of tuition fees.

I did state in the form that i had visited the uk before ,i also stated that my current passport was not the first issued me.Although i missed to state the name differences in my od passport.

1.i would like to find out if my previous stay in the uk will affect my current application.

2.will the british high commission hold against me the fact that i cannot produce my previous passport .

3.With this new biometric system can they trace my details in my old passport and if so if they find out about the slight differences in my name how will this affect my application.
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by swiftycool(m): 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2007
naijatown:

1.i would like to find out if my previous stay in the uk will affect my current application.

2.will the british high commission hold against me the fact that i cannot produce my previous passport .

3.With this new biometric system can they trace my details in my old passport and if so if they find out about the slight differences in my name how will this affect my application.

Hi there, sorry ive been unable 2 reply u 4 sometyme now, i just moved over 2 the UK and am just getting settled.
Well as per ur questions i did a little research and hope these will satisfy u. according to the questions asked

1. Yes in some ways it can, (positively) -Having stayed in the Uk for some years it is expected that u might still have some of ur previous contacts which makes it easier to adapt to life in the UK provided they are still available 4 u.
Also (negatively) it might affect u based on the way u lived and left the uk, this could be quite unfavourable if u were deported or had a bad record whilst there such as criminal or terrorists activities etc, in any case Since u were a minor then its very unlikely that your previous stay affects ur current application as u were then unnacountable for any acts.

2.The BHC can understand the fact that u might not be able to provide ur previous passport and are not expected to hold it against u.
Based on ur situation it is very likely u be called for an interview, there u can explain these facts to them it is likely that they even posses some information on you based on your earlier education there as well as your health insurance records of those years accessible to them.
However The BHC will base your new application on ur current status and documents u have provided, the previous stay will only help to show ur easy adaptability to the environment and people based on past experience. Hence they are not likely to hold it against u.

3. When u are called up 4 the interview which i believe u will be, honestly explain this facts to them (if they inquire) .However the Biometric system in question is likely to affect people with cases from the mid to late 90s till date, since your case was in the 80s you are not likely to be untraced by the new biometrics.

I hope these answer your questions feel free to ask more if need be and again sorry 4 the delay. Good luck
Cheers
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by naijatown(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2007
@swiftycool

Thank you for taking time out to reply.

My refusal was based on the fact that "i didnt proove my sponsor was my uncle"Although I produced a sworn affidavit stating he was my uncle.Tell me how one prooves to be one's maternal uncle?!
The Eco also stated that although I produced my sponsors personal bank details-9 million(which the Eco admitted shows sufficient funds) ,I didnt show enough evidence of origin of his funds.Although I submitted his Original business registration,original shares certificate,invoices and receipts!Also evidence of 50% tuition fees paid upfront.
I was reproached for not submitting enough evidence of his income.The Eco accused me of not producing pay slips(when he is the CEO?)/personal income tax certificate or letter from one of the directors.
The Eco also stated that altough I produced my own personal bank account USD dorm account and savings (which the Eco also admitted shows sufficient funds) ,I didnt show enough evidence of source of funds(Although I submitted my Original business registration,original shares certificate,which indicates my late father's shares which have been handed down to me as the first child),invoices and receipts

Also I was accused of submitting a notification of result for my GCSE result ,rather than the original WAEC certificate.The ECO stated that there has been an increase in the use of fake WAEC certificates and that the original copy was expected for verification.My notification of result was not given back to me with my other documents.

Ive already called WAEC for my original certificate and was asked to come for it on Monday.

The ECO also stated that he/she would have considered my application if i had previuos immigration history,although I wrote a personal statement , provided photographs and cecrtificates showing I was a student in the UK as a minor.

I also wrote that as a minor my passport was never in my custody and cannot be found.And I was in the UK when VISAS were not issued in Nigeria,but stamped upon arrival at heathrow.

I was also questioned as to my motives for studying after graduating from Uni in 2004.

If the ECO had taken time to assess my application properly ,he/she would have read my perrsonal statement .It stated that I went for NYSC and finished in 2005.I was immediately absorbed by my uncle's company as a manager.

When has it been a crime to take time out ,get working experience and go back to school for further studies?Infact a prereqisite for some proffessional courses is a years minimum working experiennce.

2005-2007 i worked as a manager until floating my own business early this year.I intend to veer into international business,and I would imagine the right thing to do was to study for an MSC in international business,get the prerequisite knowledge needed,learn from skilled proffessionals and afford myself the opporrtunity of networking in an international community.

Please tell me where I went wrong?!
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by Phil7: 9:01am On Sep 01, 2007
@ Swiftcool

Its a pity I had not see this site before I applied. Non the less this is my situation, I was at the Uk last year for a tournament which was supposed to last for a week, i ended up staying a month, sincerely speaking I never knew it was going to affect my immigration status as it was the first time I would travel out of my home country. Upon my arrival I got an admission offer in the Uk so I applied for a students visa ( bearing in mind that my vistors visa was still valid- 6 Mult), I was subsiquently refused on the grounds that I over stayed my first visit and was given a right to appeal. Based on this I was wondering Why didin't hey give me a week Visa, I was not disturbed because I thought I had a valid six months visa; Back to my story, I did not appeal but rather I reapplied on two seprate occassions and was denied on the basis of In sufficient funds and that the course I chose was not in line with my first degree. Since then I stayed off the BHC and the VFS untill two months ago when my uncle in the Uk called to tell me that I had been given another admission offer. This time my Dad who is my sponsor paid in full the tution fees and he even paid the Living expences to the educaional agent I am using (this which i believe is not necessary) to show a sign of commitment and dedication. Reciepts and prove of these payments were attached in my application. I really don't know what I am feeling, did I do it right this time or rather would u permit me to ask what my chances are, copuled with the fact that i submitted late I.e 29th august, 2007
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by Phil7: 9:03am On Sep 01, 2007
@ Swiftcool

Its a pity I had not see this site before I applied. Non the less this is my situation, I was at the Uk last year for a tournament which was supposed to last for a week, i ended up staying a month, sincerely speaking I never knew it was  going to affect my immigration status as it was the first time I would travel out of my home country. Upon my arrival I got an admission offer in the Uk so I applied for a students visa ( bearing in mind that my vistors visa was still valid- 6 Mult), I was subsiquently refused on the grounds that I over stayed my first visit and was given a right to appeal. Based on this I was wondering Why didin't hey give me a week Visa, I was not disturbed because I thought I had a valid six months visa; Back to my story, I did not appeal but rather I reapplied on two seprate occassions and was denied on the basis of In sufficient funds and that the course I chose was not in line with my first degree. Since then I stayed off the BHC and the VFS untill two months ago when my uncle in the Uk called to tell me that I had been given another admission offer. This time my Dad who is my sponsor paid in full the tution fees and he even paid the Living expences to the educaional agent I am using (this which i believe is not necessary) to show a sign of commitment and dedication. Reciepts and prove of these payments were attached in my application. I really don't know what I am feeling, did I do it right this time or rather would u permit me to ask what my chances are, copuled with the fact that i submitted late I.e 29th august, 2007
undecided
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by opensource(m): 9:56am On Sep 01, 2007
@Phil7 for the fact that you over stayed your stay when issued a clearance to attend the tournament means you will be refused.

Even if you didnt apply again and within that six month if its not a multiple entry visa you cant go no where with that.

All you need to is apply and when refused , trash out that fact about your over stay
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by Godwin1(m): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2007
Well Good day bros and sisto,i have been a member of this site for sometime now although i dont comment often when someone post of topic but i do try to read through page after page.Anyway what brought me here today is this topic but i would like to beg for your advice regarding applying for a student visa for my step brother in nigeria as i am currently living in uk.This are my question below,

HE IS NOT A UNIVERSITY STUDENT ,NEITHER IS HE WORKING BUT THE ONLY GOOD NEWS IS THAT HE PASSED HIS SSCE EXAMS ABOUT 3 OR 4 YEARS AGO .my fear is that he might be refuse base on this fact.well as for me the sponsor i have ever document from a sponsor,

Do you guys think we stand a chance, or i should just sponsor him to study back home? but the problem is AM FROM A BIG FAMILY,and for years i have supposed both side of my family it is difficult to continue supposing them as i have a wife over here .I aim is to help my step brother come over to study and work ,so he too can send money back home to suppose our family, including my mother,his father,brothers and sisters, and i have my father ,step brothers and sisters and step mother to suppose on the other hand,

thanks guyz for your time,

as i await your advice ,
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by Phil7: 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2007
@ opensource

I really did appreciate your response in this present application I made, I attached a letter from our sponsor then ( a state government) explaining that my overstay was due to late approval of visas which led to a mix up in the depature and arrival dates on our tickets ( which was what actually happened). Although my contract expired with them 2 months ago. I am really hoping that the ECO is convinced because right now all i want to do is to further my education.
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by concepta: 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2007
Enrol now on our award winning professional courses

• ACCA, CIM
• British Computer Society (BCS)
• University of London Degrees
• Association of Business Executives (ABE)
• International MBA
• Health & Social Care (NVQ levels 2 & 3)
• English for overseas students

We offer
• Visa Assistance (Extension guaranteed or reg fee back)
• Guaranteed work placements
• Accommodation Assistance

Check us out today…

email: admin@conceptacollege.co.uk
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by donmayor(m): 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2007
Whats the average time it takes for response to a student's visa application?
Thanks
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by manmustwac(m): 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ Donmayor

Two weeks
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by follyfly(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2008
Nice thread.
Have a related problem nd need advice. I am already studyin in the uk wit a student visa but want my wife and son to join me over here. They were listed in my application as my dependants when i applied; what is the process like for them 2 apply and what documents re needed. I understand there is a student dependant category for applications but i cant seem to see anything like htat on the new visa application forms. They will both be first time visitors nad my son is about 10months old. Ur contributions and advice will be greatly valued.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Guys Whice Bus Will I Enter From Iyana Ipaja To Ijegun / Meet The Airbus Super-Sized,Whale-Like Cargo Carrier:The Airbus Beluga / Beautiful Lagos State, Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.