Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin (39281 Views)

SP Benjamin Hundeyin Advises Ladies Who Send Nudes To Their Lovers / Police Brutality: Lawyer Replies SP Benjamin Hundeyin / Rufai Oseni Vs Benjamin Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by Nijablast: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2022
Obidient that can't obey simple traffic law.. aggregation of fools calling themselves obidient movement.. movement kor mufutau ni
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by Aguogba(m): 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
jumper524:
People preying on media sentiment to commit crime.
You broke traffic rule and your claiming right.
It's not the police that need retraining it's you that needs koboko.
If na USA you dey you fit try am?
You didn't read before commenting. He broke the law, he accepted to pay the fine. What he complained about is that they pointed a gun at him and drove off with his car. That is criminal on its own. The normal thing is to issue him a fine and let him go.
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by jumper524(m): 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
sucess001:

In the US, SA or UK, you break traffic laws, you pay fines.

They don't point a gun at you. That's his point exactly
nah they point gun at you when you refuse arrest, obey the arrest and stop teaching them the law. Your nigga clearly was resisting arrest. Try that as a black man in USA. Una think say na every rubbish democracy dey accept?
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by 789kol: 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
lexy2014:

Am sure the officer was also right by pointing a gun at him

nobody will point Gun at him if he corporates peacefully
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by chigoizie7(m): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
rickleye:

Exactly laws are broken and there are fines - defined fines and penalties for infractions which can be googled online and which are set. Our fines are plucked from the sky and dolled out based on feelings.

I parked on a yellow line and rushed inside quickly to get something from a shop, I thought I would be fast enough, (there was no parking spots available, the one I saw was very far away from the shop I wanted to enter, the distance was much , I no fit treck am) unfortunately, traffic cops saw my car and issued me a fine of R500, that’s around N18,000. And I will pay it. The officer didn’t even see me because I was inside the shop, he just dropped the ticked on my windshield and used my wiper to hold it. Them no born me well make I no pay. Government generates billions of Rand yearly from traffic violations.
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by adioolayi(m): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
lexy2014:

Did he say he did not break the law?

Go and read the tweets on his page and check the timings...

Not until the Police PPRO called him out after about 1hr of his first post did he started issuing adjoining tweets.

Had it been the police guy was silent, Rufai wouldn't admit breaking the law.

It's what it is.
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by lexy2014: 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
789kol:

nobody will point Gun at him if he corporates peacefully

How did he not cooperate peacefully that warranted the police man to point a gun at him?

What should be the protocol for using a firearm on a civilian or threatening a civilian with a firearm?
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by lexy2014: 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
adioolayi:

Go and read the tweets on his page and check the timings...

Not until the Police PPRO called him out after about 1hr of his first post did he started issuing adjoining tweets.

Had it been the police guy was silent, Rufai wouldn't admit breaking the law.

It's what it is.

You didn't answer the question. Did he say he did not break the law?
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by do4luv14(m): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
jumper524:
People preying on media sentiment to commit crime.
You broke traffic rule and your claiming right.
It's not the police that need retraining it's you that needs koboko.
If na USA you dey you fit try am?

this not not just breaking law again, that BRT Lane should never had been there, or better still a whole new road be constructed for them,
carving that lane out of two aside road, even when motorized, are burdened with traffic holdups, now they most make do with just 2 lanes, that's bad
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by adioolayi(m): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
lexy2014:

You didn't answer the question. Did he say he did not break the law?

My first post was clear on him saying he wanted to pay penalty. That's admittance.

I am more particular about his main motive of making the very first post.
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by lexy2014: 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
adioolayi:

My first post was clear on him saying he wanted to pay penalty. That's admittance.

I am more particular about his main motive of making the very first post.

You didn't answer the question. Did he say he did not break the law? simple yes or no
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by 789kol: 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2022
lexy2014:

How did he not cooperate peacefully that warranted the police man to point a gun at him?

What should be the protocol for using a firearm on a civilian or threatening a civilian with a firearm?

No body will point a Gun at him if he played the game without unnecessary resist..
judging from Rufai's personality I am 99.9% sure he didnt admit to his crime at first, resisted his car taken from him and would have wanted to cause a scene.. hence the extra measure.. You and Rufai should also know that there is no such thing as paying for breaking traffic laws at the point you were arrested..he wanted to do the normal Nigerian thing and Bribe the officers..(offence number 2)

If he truly wanted to pay for his crime. He should walk to the station and pay to the authorities and get his car released as that is the right protocol in Nigeria.

anyone resisting an arrest can compel the officer to use other measures. His firearm is inclusive..this is a global practice.
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by Treasure17(m): 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
The Google map grin

Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by lexy2014: 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2022
789kol:

No body will point a Gun at him if he played the game without unnecessary resist..
judging from Rufai's personality I am 99.9% sure he didnt admit to his crime at first, resisted his car taken from him and would have wanted to cause a scene.. hence the extra measure.. You and Rufai should also know that there is no such thing as paying for breaking traffic laws at the point you were arrested..he wanted to do the normal Nigerian thing and Bribe the officers..(offence number 2)

If he truly wanted to pay for his crime. He should walk to the station and pay to the authorities and get his car released as that is the right protocol in Nigeria.

anyone resisting an arrest can compel the officer to use other measures. His firearm is inclusive..this is a global practice.

You haven't answered my questions.

Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by IamANigerianMan: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
RepoMan007:
Medicine after death is all the police is doing. Their reputation is down to ground level and will remain like that for long.
He is happy this thing happen in Nigeria, let him try in a developed country.... I know why you are police , police will continue to deal with arm robbers and other law breaker
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by SolarCorona: 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2022
Nijablast:
Obidient that can't obey simple traffic law.. aggregation of fools calling themselves obidient movement.. movement kor mufutau ni

Olumo rock is coming for you. Peter the Olumo rock, you hear.

Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by 789kol: 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
lexy2014:

You haven't answered my questions.

I have answered your question
he did not cooperate. The officers never wanted his money but to seize his car.
Rufai didnt complete his story. the officer would have drawn their weapon to force him out his car while he was insisting on paying
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by SolarCorona: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2022
chigoizie7:

I parked on a yellow line and rushed inside quickly to get something from a shop, I thought I would be fast enough, (there was no parking spots available, the one I saw was very far away from the shop I wanted to enter, the distance was much , I no fit treck am) unfortunately, traffic cops saw my car and issued me a fine of R500, that’s around N18,000. And I will pay it. The officer didn’t even see me because I was inside the shop, he just dropped the ticked on my windshield and used my wiper to hold it. Them no born me well make I no pay. Government generates billions of Rand yearly from traffic violations.

If you are in Nigeria and someone put a ticket on your wiper to go pay money you no go squeeze the paper throway?

My point: Nigerian systems dont work

The only hope now is that Peter Obi guy

1 Like

Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by Lezzlie(m): 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
What a nation of illiterates.....the journalist wasn't giving excuses for breaking traffic laws or denying he didn't break traffic laws.

HE WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE METHOD AND APPROACH THE POLICE ELECTED TO TACKLE A MERE TRAFFIC OFFENCE.

what a nation!!!!

Wasted youth with behemoth illiteracy!

1 Like

Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by Nijablast: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2022
SolarCorona:

Olumo rock is coming for you. Peter the Olumo rock, you hear.
Ogun state government will give him land to stay na and Olumo rock will become two.
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by Femeto: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2022
My own is Danfo drivers use that BRT corridor but they don’t get arrested.

1 Like

Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by Jembete69: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2022
[qMay Nigeria police not happen to you. He admitted his mistake and was ready to pay a fine why now the use of a gun in a civil matter like this case?
uote author=789kol post=115279937]am pretty sure.. He didnt give the keys easily or admit his fault civilly to the officers upon arrest.. he probably went down the Nigerian way..till the officers pulled out their guns..
something must infuriate a nigerian officer before he threatens to use his arms..

moreover while will someone of his status commit such offense ..
and he wanted to bribe them sef..smh

no body will just carry Gun and point at you if you corporate well

[/quote]
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by chigoizie7(m): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
SolarCorona:

If you are in Nigeria and someone put a ticket on your wiper to go pay money you no go squeeze the paper throway?

My point: Nigerian systems dont work

The only hope now is that Peter Obi guy

And that is what seun was talking about. If you read my previous post , you will understand that we are on the same page. Ofcourse if police dropped a ticket on my shield, I would throw them away. Because I know that even if I don’t pay, they will not be able to find me. However, FRSC should do a better job at holding motorists accountable. I am a full blooded obidient. These are so many changes we need in naija.

1 Like

Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by Beremx(f): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2022
Proudlyngwa:

Are u aware that there is a traffic police department
Do they threaten people with guns pointed to their faces?
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by GEEGLOBAL: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2022
CONTACT US

Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by ransomed: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2022
When they see civilians they form commandoes but, when bandit s or Boko Haram surfaces, they clear off roads.
Untrained boy scouts in police uniform.
No police Friend (NPF)
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by new2012: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
789kol:

that database is not entirely reliable sir..

I know what I am saying..

if he is driving on the road the next day..and he is stopped at a checkpoint the police at that point have no means of checking his details via his vehicle license or whatever to see that he committed an offense few days ago..all the officers do is to check if his vehicle is ok and he is allowed to go free... Police vehicles are not fitted with computer to validate things like this the same way you see in other developed countries..there is already a sophisticated system that will still compel vehicle owners to willingly pay the charges on their ticket,,such doesnt exist here..hence their method of enforcing traffic laws can never work in this part of the world...

the only way to enforce traffic laws in developing and under developed countries like Nigeria is to seize their vehicles and motorcycle and the criminal goes to the station to answer to his crime

I strongly disagree, there are DBs, when they are inefficient and not updated, the government bear the brunt and not hold the citizenry for the government's excesses.

harassing citizens who's tax pays Ur salary is a crime
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by 27Pushing30: 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
ecolime:
Some mumus have started calling him PDP Arise Journalist.

He broke the law and should be punished, but does that mean a gun should be pointed at him?

Na from pointing of gun, misfire dey take happen.

Lets be reasonable please

Abroad you’d also get shot … resisting arrest is a serious offence.
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by chuksanambra: 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
Beremx:
Nigerian Police should go kill bandits and armed robbers and leave traffic law breakers for FRSC and LASTMA

The Police Act empowers them to arrest and prosecute traffic offenders of all kinds. The Act has been in existence before you were born and LASTMA or FRSC were established.
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
Beremx:
Was that your initial statement
Re: Rufai Oseni Confronted By SP Benjamin Hundeyin by chuksanambra: 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
Beremx:

What if he's driving a stolen vehicle and trying to use the BRT lane as an escape route?
I have been arrested while driving in Lagos and a gun wasn't pointed at me.
During the fuel scarcity, Federal Highway Patrol have held me on the express before and they ended up assisting me to get fuel.
Approach matters in things like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband And Wife Arrested And Arraigned For $8Million Scam In Lagos / 2 Men In Army Uniform Came To Rob GreenVille Estate Badore, Lagos & Got Mobbed / Herbalist & Alfa Kill A Girl In Ogun, 2 Human Hearts Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.