Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council (27810 Views)

2023: Why I Met With APC Governors – Tinubu / APC Convention: South-West Governors, Tinubu Battle Buhari's Candidate / APC Governors, Tinubu To Meet To Plot Ize-Iyamu’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by AnonPoet: 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
Governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress will today Monday meet in Lagos with the party’s Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, to take final decision on the formation and structure of the party’s presidential campaign council for next year’s general elections.

WesternPost had earlier reported that the party leadership had settled for former National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, as the chairman of the campaign council, while Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai was picked as the Director-General.

Days later, WesternPost however gathered that Plateau State, Governor Simon Lalong, was being considered to replace el-Rufai as the campaign council DG.

Our correspondent further gathered that Lalong is being considered for the DG role because of his appeal to the Christian majority in the Middle Belt and the aggrieved Christians in the North.

Another major decision the governors are expected to take at the meeting in Lagos is the composition of the media and communications directorate of the campaign council which needs to step up their work as soon as possible ahead of the start of campaigns on September 28 as stipulated in the Independent National Electoral Commission’s guidelines.

For the past five months, Managing Director of Independent Communications Network Limited, publishers of TheNEWS, and Tempo and former Managing Director of News Agency of Nigeria, Mr. Bayo Onanuga, has been the director of media and communications of Tinubu Campaign Organisation. Onanuga and his team pivoted the Tinubu’s campaign months leading to the APC presidential primary election and has been in charge since Tinubu emerged as the party’s flagbearer.

There are however interests within the party who are pushing for Minister of State Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, as campaign spokesperson.

Those against Keyamo taking up the position are of the opinion that he was one of the major backers of former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi during the presidential primaries and that he (Keyamo) cannot come and displace those who have been doing the work.

Keyamo was Director of Strategic Communications for the reelection bid of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 after being singlehandedly appointed by Amaechi who was DG of the campaign without recourse to the party structure and leadership.

While a section of the media reported today that Keyamo has been tipped as the campaign spokesperson and head of the Campaign Council Media and Communications’ team, impeccable sources told our correspondent that Onanuga will retain his position as the Director of Media and Communications.

Former Commissioner for Information and Strategy in Lagos State, Dele Alake will come in as Director of Strategic communications, while Keyamo will work as the campaign spokesperson.

https://westernpost.ng/breaking-apc-governors-tinubu-meet-in-lagos-over-presidential-campaign-council/

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Ever8090: 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2022
Ok ...in Benue state, Rev father Hyceint Alia is our choice.

I am voting APC candidate I the state but labour party at the federal.

Say no to partisan politics, vote candidate base on credibility not party affiliation

117 Likes 13 Shares

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by omowolewa: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Meeting for damage control.

Now you give them what you are willing and able to get.
Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by NaijaCowFarm: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
If you like appoint Pope Francis as campaign DG, no Christian will vote for APC. In fact, Lalung would be stoned in any Christian gathering.

327 Likes 59 Shares

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by kinzation(m): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2022
Scatter by fire

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Truthisunique2: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2022
Oshomole the failure for campaign head, the idiot that can't even win his state or region.

Elrufai as campaign director how would he even go to Middle belt, SS/SE/NE and ask for Christian votes

Dalong that is bidding his time in Plateau lol, the werey

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Omoslim26: 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2022
Useless people.
Keep children for house for months now still get mind dey do rubbish campaign angry

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by posty56: 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2022
failed party
Ever8090:

Say no to partisan politics, vote candidate base on credibility not party affiliation
omo this your moroski big o cheesy, anyways dump APC cause you go lose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Diligent1(f): 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
I appeal to all Nigerians to live in peace and harmony. We should see one another as brothers and sisters.
I have seen an Igbo man paid for school fees of a Yoruba child, I have also seen an Hausa man sponsoring an Igbo boy through university.
Please don't allow tribe or religion to divide us, we are useful for one another.
Please let's live in peace, so that this country can be a better place for us to live.
Thank you.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Samanza89: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
When they gather to plan, may they also scatter, may they never come to an agreement. Amen!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Laggafin: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
If the Agbado plus Cassava (APC) party likes.. let dem go to the Vatican and appoint the Pope as the DG of their campaign.. They will suffer horrendous disgrace and defeat in 2023..

246 Likes 74 Shares

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by dynicks(m): 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
Agbado leads.....

Customers for his stacks follows...

12 Likes

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by iCauseTrouble: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
May God not grant the wish of these people that want to impose agbado and cassava on us

6 Likes

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by googlepikins: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
Bat is just wasting his time.

He thinks Northerners are going to vote for him. People that are being killed by bandits everyday

20 Likes

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
grin cheesy 2023 election will be funny oh

1 Like

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Omoslim26: 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
Ever8090:

God bless you.
For me it's APGA yesterday, today and forevermore but at the Presidentials I stand with Obidiati.

15 Likes

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Hassanmaye(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by datola: 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
They should all produce their campaign materials in Nigeria and not take to China.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by adioolayi(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
Great
Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Walealoba(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
May God not grant the wish of these people that want to impose agbado and cassava on us

please ma help me with little amount to buy food eat the hunger is unbearable things are really tough
Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Mattallaa(m): 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2022
Okay
Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by akinbode1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2022
Call 08067619805 if you are interested

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Omoslim26: 2:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:
If you like appoint Pope Francis as campaign DG, no Christian will vote for APC. In fact, Lalung would be stoned in any Christian gathering.

He will not be stoned.
But the moment He tries to convince any Christian to accept such slap on the Faith,he will be considered a personal non grater.
No honest human being be you Muslim, Christian or whatever will support muslim-muslim agenda bcus it doesn't strike equity, fairness, justice and inclusiveness in a Country with diversities like Nija.
Apc must be crushed.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
Sometimes I wish we can send everyone who will vote Tinubu to their own country so that they’ll not enjoy the awesomeness of Peter Obi’s government. Let them go and eat Agbado, cassava and ewa with their master

7 Likes

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by VladimirPutiin(m): 2:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
angry

I just want to know what Tinubu will campaign with

4 Likes

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by Ever8090: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
posty56:
failed party omo this your moroski big o cheesy, anyways dump APC cause you go lose
if to say you read the post, you for see where I mention say I no dey do party but candidate, APC candidate in the state and labour party candidate for president.

Small writeup of just 2 lines una no go gree read but rush to comment negatively

5 Likes

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by lessonotes(f): 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
Been undecided for weeks, but I think I will vote PO.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors, Tinubu Meet In Lagos Over Presidential Campaign Council by chuose: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
With the way Tinubu is not yet president & thugs are harrasing igbos in Lagos,what will happen when he becomes president?
https://twitter.com/C_Oranye/status/1553011606199623680

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/29/thugs-invade-catholic-church-cart-away-pvc-reg-machines-in-lagos/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Travels To Saudi Arabia For Lesser Hajj / President Goodluck Jonathan And First Lady In Super Eagles' Tracksuits / Photos From Isa Abdulsalami Abubakar's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.