Stats: 3,151,789 members, 7,813,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Dirtiest City In Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dirtiest City In Nigeria? (18070 Views)

Poll: Choose one

Aba: 42% (63 votes)
Onitsha: 14% (22 votes)
Lagos: 38% (57 votes)
Port-harcourt: 3% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:10am On Feb 24, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2006
raldsfield:

Seun if you see Aba you go run for cover, i bet you on this one. shocked

True Bro, not only dirty, it stinks.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 7:26am On Feb 24, 2006
hey, I lived in Mushin most of my life and I must admit Mushin and Oshodi is just disguting. I remember I used to cry when my mom wanted me to follow her to the market to go shopping.

@Bluenubian, where in Mushin did u live ?
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Hero(m): 9:28am On Feb 24, 2006
What, no votes for Kano?  shocked Kano looked a hot, dirty mess of a pig pin when I visited that place. Not even its ancient city wall survived its seemingly limitless spread of utter degradation.  undecided As an foreign tourist to the ancient city, I was very disappointed in its appearance. What a waste of history.  angry
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Greatpeter(m): 11:38am On Feb 24, 2006
Aba is the leading dirtiest city in Nigeria and probably in the world grin
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2006
what are u on about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAGOS is the dirtiest state!!!! it's so dirty the governor got an award for best gov in nigeria!!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by kene(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2006
ABA IS THE DIRTIEST CITY IN NIGERIA .THE CITY SMELLS .IT IS ESTIMATED THAT 3000 THOUSAND HOUSES WERE BUILT ON TOP OF THE DRAINAGE SYSTEM OF THE CITY. THEREFORE THE DRAINAGE IS BLOCKED
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2006
kene:

ABA IS THE DIRTIEST CITY IN NIGERIA .THE CITY SMELLS .IT IS ESTIMATED THAT 3000 THOUSAND HOUSES WERE BUILT ON TOP OF THE DRAINAGE SYSTEM OF THE CITY. THEREFORE THE DRAINAGE IS BLOCKED

Tell them Bro.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by ikwerreman(m): 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2006
Aba is the dirtiest city in the world, Are u talking about just naija? then its got to be Aba
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2006
If i see any city dirtier than that in Nigeria, I will takeover from OBJ  grin grin

ikwerreman:

Aba is the dirtiest city in the world, Are u talking about just naija? then its got to be Aba

i dont know about the world oo
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2006
So that means, Abia state governor is the dirtiest governor in nigeria!!  smiley,

What are they actually doing about this

Can anyone direct the commissioner of health and that for environment to this website so they can see their hardwork
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2006
LoverBwoy:

So that means, Abia state governor is the dirtiest governor in nigeria!! smiley,

What are they actually doing about this

Can anyone direct the commissioner of health and that for environment to this website so they can see their hardwork

who told u they havent seen it? or u think the city just started getting dirty overnight?
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by cabali(m): 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2006
the dirtiest i know is aba. dont know onitsha that well but aba is terrible! And if i must say, the cleanest is calabar! have u been there? it is completely awesome
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2006
Dirtiest is ABA
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2006
I think its ABA. The whole place looks like a market and its so dirty.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by luridguy(m): 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2006
omo i thought i had seen dirt untill i got to Aba shocked hey chineke it is dirty
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by comechop(m): 8:06am On Feb 25, 2006
I've been to all three, and i would say inconclusively that the dirtiest is ABA!! Men, that place is unearthly. Filth as far as the eye can see. Inhumane!!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2006
its very terrible in the dry season, but if u venture out there in the rainy season the smell will surely intoxicate you.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by snowsdream(f): 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2006
cudos to ABA in terms of dirtiness they rule. Speaking from experience as in i have been there and i know. It is just the entrance to abia and there you know wat dirtiness is called take a trip to aba.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by DarkNight1(m): 8:17am On Feb 26, 2006
Wow, funny thread.
I aint ever been to ABA, but if this many people say its that Bad, then God help it.

funny thing tho - i think yaal got it wrong - the dirtiest city in naija is ABUJA - thats where all the crooks are cool

Funny how the dirtiest cities are also the most sucessfull, grin
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2006
i no kno bout aba sha because i never reali dey there (jus passby 2 port harcourt). mnwyl, PH is a very neat city. u shld evn c d rural areas.

when i got back from south africa in 2004, i noticed dere was a difference. is lagos hot, dirty, smellin or what? d air we breathe is infiltrated, dustbin everywhere, mama put by d unclean gutters, etc. evn from island-lekki, dere r stl dirty parts though them stl dey try sha.

oshodi records nutn less dan 6,000 people everyday, all DIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTY

4 me, i giv it up 2 LAGOS.

1 love y'all!!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by nicetohave(m): 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2006
Lagos for sure; check out oshodi and ajegunle, mushin aint that bad afterall cool
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by LoverBwoy(m): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2006
check dis out

Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by mmomi(f): 10:33am On Feb 27, 2006
I thought it's Onitsha until now, I wonder how this Aba will be, Te-rri-bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by snowsdream(f): 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2006
i think terrible is just a complementry name to call it. just think of a worst name cos as u are about to enter Abia state from ph you will see will decorated debris everywhere in aba cos it is the first city you get to as u enter abia state. God bless tht state
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by omon(m): 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2006
Hey guys, maybe Aba can make money on dirt-tourism. I am sure a lot of people will be happy to visit the dirtiest city in the world,
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Kokscity(m): 10:43pm On Feb 27, 2006
@Omon

Please!! The dirtiest city in the world, has got to be somewhere in India! Damn that country is filthy all over, Populated out the wazoo!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by tipsy289(m): 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2006
I thought lagos was the dirtiest, neva been 2 Aba but 4rm what ave heard, it is a filthy(very) place if lag on its own is bad, is there any street free of dirt in Aba(not in estates)?
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by ocho(f): 11:00pm On Feb 27, 2006
I haven't even been to any of the places on the poll so i can't vote but meeeen, this thread is funny lol and this ABA that everyone talks of is a must see o! How bad can it be people?lol If it isn't too much trouble to anyone, can i get some kind of idea on how much of a dirty city ABA is? lol lol I'd so love to see it for myself.
I was brought up in northern Nigeria and i'd say we have relatively clean cities there but then again,i can't be too sure because i haven't been around that much.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 11:30pm On Feb 27, 2006
@ ocho wen u dey go canada, which int'l airport u pass?
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 11:35pm On Feb 27, 2006
ocho:

I haven't even been to any of the places on the poll so i can't vote but meeeen, this thread is funny cheesy and this ABA that everyone talks of is a must see o! How bad can it be people?cheesy If it isn't too much trouble to anyone, can i get some kind of idea on how much of a dirty city ABA is? cheesy cheesy I'd so love to see it for myself.
I was brought up in northern Nigeria and i'd say we have relatively clean cities there but then again,i can't be too sure because i haven't been around that much.

infact, u need to take a trip those cities. the last time i went to Aba was like 8 years ago, i can't imagine what it would look like now.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Kokscity(m): 12:02am On Feb 28, 2006
@ Ocho

I was in Aba in November 05. It was horrible,a total nightmare.From PH-ABA, right smack when you get into Aba is all green algae stagnant water with trash in it,dividing both sides of traffic. That goes for at least 3-8miles. Green Algae infected stagnant water, mixed with all sorts of trash, a very healthy place to breed mosquito and bacteria,and you see people using it as their outdoor toilet. Then the town does not have one good road, and all the gutters are clogged with piles of trash, that has been there for years. The city is a big market filled with trash. I do not understand how millions of people live in that filth. But i still think Onitsha will give Aba a run for it's money. I was in Onitsha about 9yrs ago and it was NASTY!

Kokscity

Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) / Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Berger, Lagos (Photos) / All About CRUISING!!!!