Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Dirtiest City In Nigeria? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dirtiest City In Nigeria? (18067 Views)

Poll: Choose one

Aba: 42% (63 votes)
Onitsha: 14% (22 votes)
Lagos: 38% (57 votes)
Port-harcourt: 3% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 28, 2006
I passed by ABA in January on my way back from lagos and the whole place was stinking badly and it was in that same month that i went to Lagos and i didnt see what i saw in ABA
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 12:14am On Feb 28, 2006
Damn! @kokscity can it be worst than what u just explained?

QUEENZY:

I passed by ABA in January on my way back from lagos and the whole place was stinking badly and it was in that same month that i went to Lagos and i didnt see what i saw in ABA

abi now, people make thier judgement on lagos state when they see oshodi, but they dont know lagos get hin own oga.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Kokscity(m): 12:47am On Feb 28, 2006
@Buckeye

Coming from the USA, u will be shocked at the garbage on the streets. People defecating and urinating on the highway, and that green algae on the road, is still strong in my mind. And the roads in the city are like offroad courses in the woods/back country. The roads are really bad and flooded.Aba is really dirty and very disorganized. U have to use Okada to go around town. That place is unbelievable!!!!

Kokscity.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 28, 2006
Thats true @kokscity
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by ocho(f): 1:14am On Feb 28, 2006
now that is what i call a "discriptive essay"  wink thanks KOK!

Kokscity:

@ Ocho

I was in Aba in November 05. It was horrible,a total nightmare.From  PH-ABA, right smack when you get into Aba is all green algae stagnant water with trash in it,dividing both sides of traffic. That goes  for at least 3-8miles. Green Algae infected stagnant water, mixed with all sorts of trash, a very healthy place to breed mosquito and bacteria,and you see people using it as their outdoor toilet. Then the town does not have one good road, and all the gutters are clogged with piles of trash, that has been there for years. The city is a big market filled with trash. I do not understand how millions of people live in that filth. But i still think Onitsha will give Aba a run for it's money. I was in Onitsha about 9yrs ago and it was NASTY!

Kokscity
  shocked shocked now i can only imagine how that place looks like, my oh my!!! it is definitly worth seeing!
IBB:

@ ocho when u dey go canada, which int'l airport u pass?
i pass Lagos airport cool  the parts of Lag(which by the way i don't remember) whey i don visit  no bad sha.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 2:47am On Feb 28, 2006
@ocho i no get wetin 2 talk now. e fit b say u nearly no c outsyd or ur moto glass dey highly tinted n u wear shades untop or maybe na nyt u move round lag or u no cross v/i n its environs or sum situation sha!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by ocho(f): 4:13am On Feb 28, 2006
IBB:

@ocho i no get wetin 2 talk now. e fit b say u nearly no c outsyd or your moto glass dey highly tinted n u wear shades untop or maybe na nyt u move round lag or u no cross v/i n its environs or sum situation sha!
lol lol lol kai, bros, how all of that fit happen to me at once?lol i don die ooooo lol
i no rememebr the name of the place i been stay sha coz na only one week i dey there and i no too dey commot,but the place dey ok. u funny oo lol but if u tell me say Lag dirty, i go belive.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2006
@ocho

GOD is wit u. stil lag is dirty. d heat of d state even makes things worse cos d unclean humans now add d state dirt 2 their personal body heat which of course leads 2 xcess sweat n d end product becums smell. no pray 2 jam dat kin 1 4 canada oooo. u fit deport urself cum bak 2 north where u go jam cartoon rioters.

in fact, i don tya 4 dis world
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by ocho(f): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2006
IBB:

@ocho

GOD is wit u. stil lag is dirty. d heat of d state even makes things worse because d unclean humans now add d state dirt 2 their personal body heat which of course leads 2 xcess sweat n d end product becums smell. no pray 2 jam that kin 1 4 canada oooo. u fit deport yourself come bak 2 north where u go jam cartoon rioters.

in fact, i don tya 4 this world
lol lol that na die for Lag be that!!
and u say make i come back to north? for this time? yeeeee! my time never reach abeg! lipsrsealed
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2006
@ocho

u dey panic? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy n i bn think say u get mind!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by ocho(f): 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2006
noo, abeg oo! na fear fear i be, i no dey form levels for that one embarassed cheesy
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 7:37am On Mar 01, 2006
ocho:

noo, abeg oo! na fear fear i be, i no dey form levels for that one embarassed cheesy

lmfao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Omoboy4: 7:54am On Mar 01, 2006
Kai, so according to the poll Aba takes the crown. I bin think sey Lagos is dirty but with the way I'm reading all these from all of una I respect Aba.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by ocho(f): 8:39am On Mar 01, 2006
na real respect! lol
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2006
Dirtiest town in Nigeria? Aba. No questions asked.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Kokscity(m): 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2006
@Topic

Wow the poll has Aba tied with Lagos! Can anybody tell me if Onitsha is now clean? Onitsha has a mere 4% by the voters. I have a picture of Onitsha in my mind from years ago. I will Love to get pictures of today's Onitsha if anyone has any.

Kokscity
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2006
@Kokscity, i was at Onitsha in 2004 and itz betta dan Lagos and Aba now cuz da governor is doing a great jobs with da evironment and roads.itz so amazing, soon he will deal with water accroding 2 him, shocked
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by panthress(f): 1:16am On Mar 02, 2006
i lived in aba not far from the park and the dump ground ive been to all da dirty parts of onitsha and lagos the thing that differentiates all this cities r
LAGOS HAS SOME CLEAN PARTS
ONITSHA HAS SOME CLEAN PARTS
ALL PART OF ABA IS LIKE A FUCKING DUMB GROUND FOR FUCKING DIRTS
Oh my God do u know what Aba is like, we kill, we r dirrty and there is no clean place in Aba
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Kokscity(m): 1:57am On Mar 02, 2006
@Panthress

Do u still have nightmares from your memories of the city? Do u remember that stench? I sure do. What was a fine girl like u doing in that dump? Thank God you escaped!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 6:02am On Mar 02, 2006
let us not also 4get dat agberos, mad men, molues, etc add 2 d dirt in lagos
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Missworld(f): 10:07am On Mar 02, 2006
wow! Nawa for ABA. I dey salute!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by ocho(f): 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2006
cheesy cheesy that was funny  grin
panthress:

ALL PART OF ABA IS LIKE A FUCKING DUMB GROUND FOR FUCKING DIRTS
Oh my God do u know what Aba is like, we kill, we r dirrty and there is no clean place in Aba
yeee! If you had to use swear words to emphasize your point then ABA must be that bad and i take your word for it girl.
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by omon(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2006
This is a serious matter, kalu should send adverts to CNN and the other renowed media houses about attracting tourists to the dirtiest city in Naija, if not Africa!

Imagine how dirty the whole country will look when such a person becomes president, God forbid!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2006
@omon

BLOOD OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2006
omon:

This is a serious matter, kalu should send adverts to CNN and the other renowed media houses about attracting tourists to the dirtiest city in Nigeria, if not Africa!

Imagine how dirty the whole country will look when such a person becomes president, God forbid!

u are right @ omon, even though the city has been like that for years b4 he became gov, he should at least do something about it . Belive me the city was stinking badly the last time i passed by.

abeg wetin i go do to make Nigeria better ?
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by ocho(f): 1:25am On Mar 03, 2006
i don dey take style dey fear this ABA place oo! change of plans, it's off my "MUST VISIT" list. lipsrsealed
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by IBBFan(m): 1:59am On Mar 03, 2006
@ocho

e b lyk say u lyk dirty touring. make u dey evn pray say d plane wey go cari u cum naija go jus drop u 4 dormot (if ur house no cari dirty sha) smiley
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by panthress(f): 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2006
apart from the dirt not to slander Aba but its a gr8 place, proud to be from aba. itz a gr8 city its like the japan of Nigeria everything u want u can find at pound road. visit it lol they have the latest ipod u kno the one that hasnt been released in japan yet they have it there lol
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by panthress(f): 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2006
kokscity i actually like aba i've had my best n worst experiences there. well i've seen more dead bodies than ive bargained for, seen people gettin killed. my best experiences r also there. well i love there over look all da dirt there and aba is a wonderful place.

People visit aba as dirty as it might be, :d if u find a good place to live there good for u and orji uzo kalu is a good governor :d aba is still da dirtiest but he did a lot for the place when he came in. If u think aba is dirty think what it waz like without orji kalu
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2006
i know NNEWI is known 2 be JAPAN OF AFRICA tongue, which ipod is dat? da IPOD itself dat is da one dat showz da video or is da lastest one out? tongue
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 7:14am On Mar 04, 2006
Hotstepper:

i know NNEWI is known 2 be JAPAN OF AFRICA tongue, which ipod is that? da IPOD itself that is da one that showz da video or is da lastest one out? tongue

maybe the one thats got navigation system  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dirtiest City In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2006
@buckeye, ahahah, were at columbus u representing? u know SUNDANCE st.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Rent A Residential Appartment In Canada / Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) / Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Berger, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.