Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church (424 Views)

The Moment U Stop Going To Their Church, Enimity Don Start. / Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2022
Like I have never seen a random preacher walk up to me and just preach the gospel and then pray and closing prayer and walk away. Why must they collect my number to draw me to their church without considering if I am a bonafide member of some other church undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by Cypress042(m): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2022
It's very annoying how someone you haven't met before, would be asking for your number just to call and invite you to a ramdom church.

It wasn't like this before, i wonder who gave them the vile suggestion though undecided
Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by advanceDNA: 9:48am On Aug 02, 2022
SaveMeLord:
Like I have never seen a random preacher walk up to me and just preach the gospel and then pray and closing prayer and walk away. Why must they collect my number to draw me to their church without considering if I am a bonafide member of some other church undecided

It's just an invitation incase you are not attending any church....just to ensure the person keeps growing in the word of God...
As long as they dont say u must attend their church before you can belive in God...i don't see any issues..

..unless JW that believe that belive if you don't attend their organization you are not a follower of God
Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by SocialJustice: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2022
SaveMeLord:
So they can start feasting on your finances in the name of the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

It's just an invitation incase you are not attending any church....just to ensure the person keeps growing in the word of God...
As long as they dont say u must attend their church before you can belive in God...i don't see any issues..

..unless JW that believe that belive if you don't attend their organization you are not a follower of God
There should be no incase undecided

Just ask if the person already worships in a Bible believing church and if they say yes then leave them
Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by 1Sharon(f): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2022
How else are they supposed to make money?
Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by HarlequinLekex: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2022
So church is now a profitable venture
1Sharon:
How else are they supposed to make money?
Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by Lukuluku69(m): 10:52am On Aug 02, 2022
SaveMeLord:

Nothing but your finances. On the contrary, if perchance you come across a Muslim who is man enough to share his beliefs, he/she will tell you to believe in One God, who is without equals, observe the Solat Daily and do good to every creatures.

He won't ask you to go to any Quran believing Mosque.
Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by advanceDNA: 11:03am On Aug 02, 2022
SaveMeLord:

There should be no incase undecided

Just ask of the person already worships in a Bible believing church and if they say yes then leave them

Lol....you just dey vex....this nigeria...everybody juat dey para...
...asking you if you have a church...still doesnt mean they can't invite you if you.... its not a move to tell you to leave your church

Plenty people from other church attend baba ADeboye's camp programme...same with winners shiloh....so what's the biggie

A friend of mine attends redeem on Sunday... but he was invited to winners...he didn't leave his church...but sometimes attend winners during the week because its closer to his work place and cant make redeem during the week because of the distance.....so the Invitation helped him

Okay...when they invite you and you say you have a church...do they insist ??.....
Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2022
SaveMeLord:
Na business now... they are doing all that to bring in customers. undecided
Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Nothing but your finances. On the contrary, if perchance you come across a Muslim who is man enough to share his beliefs, he/she will tell you to believe in One God, who is without equals, observe the Solat Daily and do good to every creatures.

He won't ask you to go to any Quran believing Mosque.

And when you're deeper in the religion you will be introduced to the rudiments of bomb strapping, stone throwing, bomb detonation and the 100 or so benefits of killing for allah.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2022
SaveMeLord:

The truth of the matter is that true Christianity doesn't tolerate diverse interpretations that's contradictory, according to Jesus all his friends must have the same line of thought with Jesus and his God (father) {John 17 20-23; 1Corinthians 1:10} for things to work out fine all members of the church of Christ must learn from the same group of overseers {Act 2:42} who meets together regularly and pray before deciding on what to teach the congregation of God so that Jesus will be with them invisibly {Matthew 18:20} using God's Holy Spirit to direct them! Act 15:28-29

So if your churches doesn't teach exactly the same thing it simply means something is wrong somewhere you people are not on the same page! Luke 11:23

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

Lol....you just dey vex....this nigeria...everybody juat dey para...
...asking you if you have a church...still doesnt mean they can't invite you if you.... its not a move to tell you to leave your church

Plenty people from other church attend baba ADeboye's camp programme...same with winners shiloh....so what's the biggie

A friend of mine attends redeem on Sunday... but he was invited to winners...he didn't leave his church...but sometimes attend winners during the week because its closer to his work place and cant make redeem during the week because of the distance.....so the Invitation helped him

Okay...when they invite you and you say you have a church...do they insist ??.....
Yes they insist...

I have been a victim of this cajoling many times and I don't think I would be nice to future preachers that comes my way in future.. undecided

I told this one that I cannot come to his church by 8am the following day because mine has theirs 7am that same day. This one just won force me to come telling me to leave my church that I have been going there for a long time and I should come to theirs and if i don't like it I can decide not to show up again

(1) (Reply)

Ban Religious People From Preaching And Praying In Public Hospitals. / Who Is The First Woman On EARTH? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.