Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay (1707 Views)

HP Laptop From USA For Cheap Sale / Shop & Ship US Pre-order All Your Laptop From Ebay Store-delivery Nationwide / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Zanzibar1: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2022
Saw a laptop hp omen 15 gaming laptop gtx 1050ti ebay at the rate of $300 .
When converted to naira it cost 124,200 in naira.

it seem to be considerably lesser with much value compared to what is offered in the nigerian market for the exact price.
The bone of contention now is how safe is the platform.
hope its not risky or plagued by scam artists?
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:56am On Aug 03, 2022
Zanzibar1:

it seem to be considerably lesser with much value compared to what is offered in the nigerian market for the exact price.
It is very safe but not new so anything u receive, be ready for whatever comes with it

Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Achinakaa(m): 11:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
Zanzibar1:

which exchange rate are I using. Seems u are not from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Zanzibar1: 6:49am On Aug 09, 2022
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by quickhubservice: 8:40am On Aug 09, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Ebay is one of the safest online marketing platforms in the world and they do not tolerate any forms of scam related issue from either the seller or buyer. Infact the level of security there can sometimes be annoying.
BTW are you in Nigeria? Cause $300 isn't worth ₦124,000. The rates ebay use when converting isn't the same used in making payments from Nigeria. It's either you use normal black market dollar rate or you find a checkout service guy to do that for you at a cheaper rate.
If you ever want to place your order contacts quickhub services let's do that for you

1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by frank417: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
quickhubservice:

Ebay is one of the safest online marketing platforms in the world and they do not tolerate any forms of scam related issue from either the seller or buyer. Infact the level of security there can sometimes be annoying.
BTW are you in Nigeria? Cause $300 isn't worth ₦124,000. The rates ebay use when converting isn't the same used in making payments from Nigeria. It's either you use normal black market dollar rate or you find a checkout service guy to do that for you at a cheaper rate.
If you ever want to place your order contacts quickhub services let's do that for you
Where is it shipped to after checkout? you have a US location?
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by quickhubservice: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
frank417:

Where is it shipped to after checkout? you have a US location?
Any shipping/logistics company's address.
I don't offer shipping services but can suggest one or two of them
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Ayemileto(m): 8:07am On Aug 14, 2022
quickhubservice:

Any shipping/logistics company's address.
I don't offer shipping services but can suggest one or two of them

Please suggest
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by quickhubservice: 10:56am On Aug 14, 2022
Ayemileto:

Please suggest
Reach out to me
My contact is on my handle
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Files: 5:32am On Aug 15, 2022
Ayemileto:

Please suggest
be careful make dem no scam you

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Demaxl(m): 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Good day bro.
Please can you send link to the laptop
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Zanzibar1: 12:43am On Aug 29, 2022
Demaxl:

Good day bro.
Please can you send link to the laptop

Hey bro. I think it's been sold already
https://www.ebay.com/p/14037601340

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by udemzyudex(m): 8:30am On Aug 29, 2022
Just be careful, check for reviews,the fact that the platform is safe doesn't mean you shouldn't do your own research,there are scammers there too though not much.

I've seen cases of sellers sending the wrong item or not as describe on the description and pic only for him to tell you to return it and of course when you look at the cost of sending it back you will be force to either tell the seller to give you a probably $20-$25 refund depending on the seller,some will tell you to return it.

I remember a friend that bought a motherboard from eBay only for it to get here and found that the onboard processor have been removed, outrightly condemning the motherboard (scrap)

He couldn't return it because of the cost of returning it which is over #25k.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Demaxl(m): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Hey bro. I think it's been sold already
https://www.ebay.com/p/14037601340

Alright thanks
btw did you later buy a laptop from ebay?
I am trying to find a good used gaming laptop for under $500 on ebay so i am looking for all options
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Zanzibar1: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
Demaxl:

Alright thanks
btw did you later buy a laptop from ebay?
I am trying to find a good used gaming laptop for under $500 on ebay so i am looking for all options

No I couldn't buy it. The money I was hoping on didn't pull through. Moreover, I got to understand one will still pay shipping and custom fees.
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Demaxl(m): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
Zanzibar1:

No I couldn't buy it. The money I was hoping on didn't pull through. Moreover, I got to understand one will still pay shipping and custom fees.

Oh I understand but i thought that shipping fees are also included in the price.

I dont know much about custom fees. Like how much is it?
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Zanzibar1: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2022
Demaxl:

Oh I understand but i thought that shipping fees are also included in the price.

I dont know much about custom fees. Like how much is it?
Their delivery charge depends on the total weight of your package.
The cost of shipping to Nigeria via DHL should be estimated at final arrangements

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Demaxl(m): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2022
Zanzibar1:
The cost of shipping to Nigeria via DHL should be estimated at final arrangements

I see
Thanks for clarifying

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Demaxl(m): 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Good day bro.

I found a seller who has 575 feedback score and 100% positive reviews.

Do you think its genuine?
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Zanzibar1: 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
happy easter
Re: How Safe Is Buying A Laptop From Ebay by Zanzibar1: 2:47pm On Jan 25
Good evening ma 1stGenAmerican please can I contact you off nairaland. Can I please ask for a kind favor ma

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does A Toshiba (laptop) Battery Cost? / Omatek Laptop better than HP product / Laptop Won't Charge Or Turn On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.