Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. (1711 Views)

Anambra Was Lowest In Poverty Under Peter in 2013 according to NBS (photos) / See Reno Omokri Tweet About Peter Obi One Year Ago. What Went Wrong? / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Supporting One Nigeria And Northerners In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by TooNoisy(f): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2022
Peter Obi and his supporters are known for saying "Go and Verify". However, we have dug out a thread created by an Anambra citizen in 2012, questioning what Peter Obi was doing in Anambra State. This is 6 years after he became governor, and almost everyone that commented at the time concluded he had done absolutely nothing in 6 years. Most Obidients were in primary school when Peter Obi was governor so they have no recollection of what his performance was like. The thread was 10 pages long and you could hardly see anyone say something good about Peter Obi. Coincidentally, some of these monikers are still active on Nairaland and saying something different. The link to the thread is below

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

I will share the first 12 comments verbatim and none was positive. Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticlala, please help push to frontpage. It is important people know the truth. I am sure if this was about Tinubu it would have made frontpage already, so you guys need to be balanced in your frontpage posting.

Chuksidem said "What exactly is peter obi doing in Anambra state? Am confused to say the least, please someone should tell me because the anambra i visited has degenerated so much"

MrGlobe said "Nothing exactly my brother. I posted a thread earlier comparing him with Theodore orji of Abia state and everybody agreed he is worse. I went to Awka the capital and it was an eyesore. No roads, no planning, no infrastructure etc. There is absolutely no govt in anambra state"

Kobojunkie said "@Poster, he is doing exactly what the people elected him to come do again. I mean for a man with meagre list of accomplishments during his first time, why else would he had been re-elected if not to continue the same??"

Chuksidem said "Was in Awka some days back, its really shameful, my heart bleeds for my state, from amansea to awka is still the same, pothole riddled roads,non-functioning street lights,refuse littering the entire state capital from arroma junction down to Ziks avenue, ,arthur eze,unizik junction,court road,udoka housing estate etc are still the same, no changes at all, the state capital still looks like a glorified village.
Civil servants and pensioners are been owed 3MONTHS salary, so many abandoned projects yet the woman sounding governor is always in abuja 24/7. Please peter obi's handlers on nl should please enlighten us. A state that has the highest number of successful human beings in the entire black nation, it hurts. Wish soludo had won.

Deactivated Account said "I have had cause to pass through Onitsha and Awka (even spending a night in the former), and all I could do was shake my head."

PROUDIGBO said "We have not been too bright (putting it mildly) in electing Sons/Daughters into public office that have the vision, zeal and mental capacity to take their respective constituencies to a higher enviable level. Of the five states in the South East, i can honestly say (and i'm entitled to my opinion) that i have a positive feeling for the state leadership in only two (Imo and Enugu), and i'm sure any nuetral observer will agree with me. The rest states just seem to have clueless gov'ts that haven't got the faintest idea how to manage and bring out the best in their people/resources. They seem to have no vision on where to take their states and it seems they ran for office just to be called 'Your Excellency'. Also, our representatives in Assembly and Federal Gov't seem to be there just for what they can get out it, and it seems they're afraid to take the President to task on promises yet unfulfilled: like the Onitsha River Port that we were told would be commissioned in Oct' last year. Yet you hear of private and gov't projects being planned and commissioned almost on a fortnightly basis in other regions. One of our problems seems to be the fact we don't have a 'leader'; someone that can knock heads together, tell it as it is and get things done; someone that would enable us think and speak with one voice, with everyone pulling in one direction."

Joeyfire said "Anambra state is suffering because Peter Obi is busy with his day job as GEJ's Personal Assistant. Despite his boy -boy work in abuja, he has not been able to attract anything meaningful to the state from the centre. Anambra has suffered terrible, corrupt, clueless and backward leadership since back when. Besides the brief spark of Ngige there's been nobody else to write home about. From Mbadinuju, Andy Ubah to Peter Obi. I am hearing that the next person who will likely take over is Ifeanyi Uba of Capital Oil cry cry. We don suffer o!"

Ifyalways said "Peter Obi can best be described as a curse and bad omen to Anambarians. When would his tenure evem expire?Oh jees,what a wicked,visionless man."

Deactivated account said "I never expected much from a man whose voice rattles like a teenage lady's."

BashMe1 said "Na foolish Man now. During the tym of the removal of subsidy, he appeared the first Gov'nor to promise his ppl the great reward to attain from such federal move and urged them to go about their various biz. Inspite of the fact that nuffin is being done yet as a result of the so called REMOVAL, i still see him not doing a good thing till the end of his tenure. Shake Ma Head in despair"

Chookym said "The guy is just there making his pocket full. I pity my state. why do they have to vote him the second time. I read an article recently of his shady deals. Our people no dey represent us at all"

Speeder said "I'm an Anambra indigene. Road construction has been zero all d way except for d one he's recently constructing at Onitsha. But most Anambras have an undoubting faith in him cos he signifies a sense of unity among d people. He has achieved alot in his administration among which are: he constructed over 500 borewholes in d state, he gave over 250 wheel chairs to d disabled, he alway attend any cultural activities organised by any locals wit their uniform on( this d major reason he is been loved by d people) and anmbra is d state wit d largest road network. To me i won't say he hasn't achieved anything but i'm yet to see any of his achievement that i would b proud of."

SamMilla1 said "Coincidentally, i asked myself the same question while driving back from Enugu to Onitsha this afternoon, 'what exactly is peter obi doing in anambra state'. I always divert at abba junction on my way from enugu and drove through a smooth single lane road constructed by ngige all the way nkpor and then down to obosi and awada where i stay. All the good roads in the whole state were constructed by ngige before they court-pulled him down and installed a greedy business man. Now his grand beer and malt are booming. While his state is deoriating.

Siobahn said "He's a media governor that blows his own trumpet even when it's obvious that he hasn't done anything, puts up billboard that he's the best governor in the country. Useless man! When i visited Awka, i wept"

Forkadict said "THE FORKING THING I DONT UNDERSTAND IS DURING THE FIRST TENURE, HE GOT INTO OFFICE THROUGH THE COURTS. BEFORE THEN, NGIGE WAS GOVERNOR AND ACCORDING TO PEOPLE'S ACCOUNTS (COS I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO ANAMBRA) NGIGE HAD SOME ACHIEVEMENTS. OBI WASTED ANAMBRAN'S TIME AND RECOURCES DURING HIS FIRST TENURE AND YET THEY VOTED HIM IN FOR A SECOND TENURE?!"

Coenvict said "Peter is d worst governor n history so far as am conscine, can imagine ANSU payn such ransome as skul fee hw wil even d average man pay such ransome dat man is very wicked nd I can tell him dat his death is comin soon. It going to 8yrs of his tenure yet LGA electn hav not been conducted while he at his campagn n his 1st tenure to conduct dat witin 3months if electd, no road no water no light no infractructure no develpmnt bcus of 1 man been so selfish decievn d peopl wit propaganda. All my hope now is on Ngige wen he wil com 4 d gov seat."

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by PandoraObi: 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
The same set of people are projecting the failed governor for president

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2022
This Tinubu people should rest na

This desperation is becoming shameful

Is Peter obi the only man contesting for the office of the president ?

Why is Tinubu and his foolish slaves afraid of Peter Obi and his ever growing popularity and general acceptance by the Nigerian people ?

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Realtalk20: 4:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
This forum should be renamed Peter Obi dot com.

I mean the number of Peter Obi threads people like PandoraObi open daily with multiple accounts is alarming

Cc seun it's obvious the bot accounts are back. Pls observe this PandoraObi account and the frequency he comments on Neely opened Peter Obi threads . He knows immediately they are opened so it's either he opens them using alternative accounts or something is wrong

Seun mynd44 oam4j Lalasticlala Dominique Mukina2

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
Realtalk20:
This forum should be renamed Peter Obi dot com.

I mean the number of Peter Obi threads people like PandoraObi open daily with multiple accounts is alarming

Cc seun it's obvious the bot accounts are back. Pls observe this PandoraObi account and the frequency he comments on Neely opened Peter Obi threads . He knows immediately they are opened so it's either he opens them using alternative accounts or something is wrong

Seun mynd44 oam4j Lalasticlala Dominique Mukina2

You're right, Peter Obi is the most talk about Nigerian politician today and it's for good , we are enjoying the free publicity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by bryning899: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Why are Tinubu and his foolish slaves afraid of Peter Obi and his ever growing popularity and general acceptance by the Nigerian people ?

You're hypocrite, sorry to say, so you can guys can say we should let Obi be but series of hate speech and pictures of Tinubu every seconds of the day........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Obidient4life2: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
grin grin grin grin

Are the people posting that rubbish from Anambra truly?

2 Likes

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Realtalk20: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
[quote author=NaijaRoyalty post=115351015]

You're right, Peter Obi is the most talk about Nigerian politician today and it's for good , we are enjoying the free publicity [/quote
Very good point.

1 Like

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Tflex01: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Why is Tinubu and his foolish slaves afraid of Peter Obi and his ever growing popularity and general acceptance by the Nigerian people ?

But why una wan kill Peter Obi with hype when it's obvious he failed as a governor

grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Tflex01: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
Obidient4life2:
grin grin grin grin

Yes sir!

Truth is hard to hide you know. cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Tflex01: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
bryning899:

You're hypocrite, sorry to say, so you can guys can say we should let Obi be but series of hate speech and pictures of Tinubu every seconds of the day........

The truth is 80% of Igbos know that Peter Obi is a big frau.d... They are only supporting him in the spirit of "it's our turn". I only pity the young innocent and docile ones from other tribes (especially some Yorubas) that have high expectations from the man.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by juman(m): 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2022
You see. His performance as governor was not outstanding.
He lacks what it takes to lead a sick country like Nigeria.

Obiano was a better governor. He understand governance better.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by BrokenTV: 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
Tflex01:

The truth is 80% of Igbos know that Peter Obi is a big frau.d... They are only supporting him in the spirit of "it's our turn". I only pity the young innocent and docile ones from other tribes (especially some Yorubas) that have high expectations from the man.
Mr Mathematics why not make it 100%.

2 Likes

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by haffaze777(m): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
Pandora criminal is a fraud

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by LibertyRep: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2022
Go and verify.

Well, internet never forgets.

Expect more dirts about the candidates

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by beelon1020(m): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2022
They know the truth... but they want to paint black white and cover their shame... Dreamers from the south south... cry me a river crew... cry cry baby daddies...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by blancsn1: 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2022
Igbos should be ashamed they have this foolish bastard of immense failure as the best they can put forward to preside over Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by TooNoisy(f): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Why are you bringing Tinubu into this. This is about what ordinary Anambra citizens said about Peter Obi, midway into his second term. And you can verify they were concerned Anambra citizens with the specific examples they gave. Why can't you defend your candidate? All you can do is insult other candidates. Is it because your candidate has no record to run on?

6 years into his tenure and everyone unanimously said, he had done nothing. Is that the man you want to foist on the rest of us? Your target are the very young and the naive, but we the older ones will not let you deceive them easily.

6 Likes

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by TooNoisy(f): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2022
Obidient4life2:
grin grin grin grin

This was posted in 2012; six years into Peter Obi's tenure. There was nothing at stake. He was not running for president or vice president. A concerned Anambra citizen just created a thread to discuss the degradation going on in his state, and everyone that commented said the plain truth. They all live in Anambra and they could not believe how bad Peter Obi was.

Now that he is running for president, he can lie about records that are not there. The real Anambra people know the truth about Peter Obi. Even his best friend and successor disowned his lies. He ended up being impeached at some point and it is obvious he was impeached over non-performance. The thread alone is enough evidence that Obi was impeached for non-performance.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
This is the blatant failure ebos want to package for us.
Anyway, all their gra gra ends online

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by citygarden(m): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
This peter Obi supporter will never stop amazing me, instead of bringing facts to counter the topic. They will result in bringing propaganda, treat etc. But you always have this stupid anthem. GO AND VERIFY. now we verify o.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Obidient4life2: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
TooNoisy:

This was posted in 2012; six years into Peter Obi's tenure. There was nothing at stake. He was not running for president or vice president. A concerned Anambra citizen just created a thread to discuss the degradation going on in his state, and everyone that commented said the plain truth. They all live in Anambra and they could not believe how bad Peter Obi was.

Now that he is running for president, he can lie about records that are not there. The real Anambra people know the truth about Peter Obi. Even his best friend and successor disowned his lies. He ended up being impeached at some point and it is obvious he was impeached over non-performance. The thread alone is enough evidence that Obi was impeached for non-performance.

Oga we know how people claim to know what they don't know in Nairaland.

I am from Anambra state and 90% of what is written there is false.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by TooNoisy(f): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2022
Tflex01:

This is the truest statement I have read this year on Nigeria. Some of these people who rubbished his performance 10 years ago are now Obidients. They know the truth but want the Presidency by all means, so that they can use IPOB to intimidate other tribes. That is the grand plan. That is the reason why they target the young and the naïve. People who were too young to remember when Obi was a failed governor.

Some Yoruba youth have also joined because they are forming woke and think this is another ENDSARS. This is not another ENDSARS; there is a clear agenda here by the Igbo to forcefully take the presidency and intimidate other tribes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by TooNoisy(f): 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2022
LibertyRep:
Go and verify.

Well, internet never forgets.

Expect more dirts about the candidates

He says that to impress the gullible, because he know they wouldn't attempt to verify. And when we verify, his supporters accuse us of witch-hunting and try to change the narrative to other candidates.

You have asked us to verify and we have verified. Why do they always complain.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by techWriter3: 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
The same wrap of folks are projecting the failed governor for president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Winningbot: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
blancsn1:
Igbos should be ashamed they have this foolish bastard of immense failure as the best they can put forward to preside over Nigeria.
and Yoruba should be proud of tinubu candidacy right?

I see you're taking too much of agbado

1 Like

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by femianski: 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2022
Obidient4life2:

Oga we know how people claim to know what they don't know in Nairaland.

I am from Anambra state and 90% of what is written there is false.

I was about to take you serious until I saw your moniker. It's clear you will use every possible means to defend Obi no matter if he's right or wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Obidient4life2: 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
femianski:

I was about to take you serious until I saw your moniker. It's clear you will use every possible means to defend Obi no matter if he's right or wrong.

Oga, I am from Anambra State. Simple!

Every community in Anambra has access road, Obi did it. Every community has functioning street light on those roads Obiano did it. I said every community not every local government. So people who don't know Anambra can't tell me about Anambra
Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by TooNoisy(f): 7:41pm On Aug 03, 2022
Obidient4life2:

Oga, I am from Anambra State. Simple!

Every community in Anambra has access road, Obi did it. Every community has functioning street light on those roads Obiano did it. I said every community not every local government. So people who don't know Anambra can't tell me about Anambra

So are you suggesting that all the 300+ comments on that thread in 2012 were lies? They all said Peter Obi did nothing... these are ordinary Anambra citizens who had nothing to gain or lose by speaking the truth.

There were no elections at the time so there was nothing at stake. Why would over 300+ people lie against Peter Obi.

3 Likes

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Softmirror: 7:55pm On Aug 03, 2022
Toonoisy YOU BAD O LOL! CHAI SEE AS YOU GO DIG YAMAYAMA FOR DUSTBIN. NA PETER OBI DEY SMELL LIKE DIS? grin bad O. grin MADAMVENSSA no comment? grin I wan check something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Anambra Citizens Said About Peter In 2012 Here On Nairaland. by Eniitankorede: 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

You're right, Peter Obi is the most talk about Nigerian politician today and it's for good , we are enjoying the free publicity

It’s for the worse for him. You will see when campaign starts next month. Peter Obi is a scammer, a compulsive liar, a weakling and poor negotiator.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

80% of Yorubas Are Disappointed At Tinubu's Choice Of Muslim Muslim Ticket / Peter Obi Is Asking LP And Obidients For Money, But He Gave N1 Billion To PDP? / Gombe State Chief Of Staff Share Car,bikes In Support Of Bola Tinubu [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.