Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please (927 Views)

I Need Professional Advices As Regards Programming Skill In Demand I Cud Learn / I Need Betting Biller Where People Can Fund There Account Using My Platform / I Designed A Bitcoin Community,pls I Need Your Advices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello Dev's
Please help me review this website before I do promotions for it

Stackhubs is a multi-functional forum platform where developers can ask question and many of developers will answer with various understanding.

It will have Job Portal, Tutorial Portal, Project Collaborations, Code Editor still counting as times goes on.

In nutshell, it will be useful for both beginner and advanced developers>

LINK: https://stackhubs.com/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by AndroidAI(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
Looks more mature than NL. However, make your boards/groups/sections or categories stand out. A front-page feed will also look good, just like Facebook or Reddit. It helps users to engage with your content. Lastly, don't waste money on ads; instead, invest in content marketing. Work with writers and copywriters with experience in SEO. Your ideal users will find you organically if your SEO game is on point. All it takes is time and consistency. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by TastyFriedPussy: 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
Guy, this thing maketh sense I swear grin I feel like kissing the UI, very beautiful.. The UX is pretty good.. You should work on adding more functionality to it. It looks like a reddit for developers, even slightly better in my opinion. very fantastic stuff.. 10/10 guy..

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by TastyFriedPussy: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2022
AndroidAI:
Looks more mature than NL. However, make your boards/groups/sections or categories stand out. A front-page feed will also look good, just like Facebook or Reddit. It helps users to engage with your content. Lastly, don't waste money on ads; instead, invest in content marketing. Work with writers and copywriters with experience in SEO. Your ideal users will find you organically if your SEO game is on point. All it takes is time and consistency. Good luck.
guy wetin you dey talk? Why you go mention nairaland near this masterpiece? It's does not just look more mature than nairaland, it's on a whole new level..

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by TastyFriedPussy: 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please what did you use in building this?

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Fimax: 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2022
Guy let me guess u want to develop a site like stackoverflow.com well good luck 9.5 over 10 but develop the front end

1 Like

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by julybaba(m): 12:18am On Aug 04, 2022
Syntaxbyte:
Hello Dev's

Stackhubs is a multi-functional forum platform where developers can ask question and many of developers will answer with various understanding.

It will have Job Portal, Tutorial Portal, Project Collaborations, Code Editor still counting as times goes on.

Nice UI

But

1. I need to sign up, to review user dashboard experience, what is the invite code?
2. The theme is in dark mode? Is it permanent or it changes to light mode during the day?

1 Like

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 04, 2022
Beautiful website...

u forgot to give credit to https://flarum.org/ forum scripts tho.

beautiful anyways nothing bad in using already made script... nairaland uses simple machine script

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by airsaylongcome: 2:07am On Aug 04, 2022
Looks strikingly similar to flarum open source forum script. Good job in using it to roll out a functional product. I’m a big proponent for using OSS to reduce time to market. Hopefully you can start your own Developments and Customisations of Flarum

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by cokeryusuf09(m): 3:55am On Aug 04, 2022
Syntaxbyte:
Hello Dev's

i
The site should be programmer friendly and can i learn website dev from u

1 Like

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2022
julybaba:

Nice UI

But

1. I need to sign up, to review user dashboard experience, what is the invite code?
2. The theme is in dark mode? Is it permanent or it changes to light mode during the day?

Thanks for the feedback.
1. Yes, the invite code is a slight bug, I have removed it. Please try again now
2. I have just made make white theme a default one, but you can still switch in between as well

I really appreciate this
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

i
The site should be programmer friendly and can i learn website dev from u

1. Thanks for the feedback, please can you let me understand what you mean by "should be programmer friendly". It will be appreciated

2. Well, presently now I don't really have much space and time to teach, but I can help you with Premium Courses
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Looks strikingly similar to flarum open source forum script. Good job in using it to roll out a functional product. I’m a big proponent for using OSS to reduce time to market. Hopefully you can start your own Developments and Customisations of Flarum

1. Thanks for the feedback, yes I used Flarum open source code to make it up.

2. Yes, I will do more customizations as time goes on

Question: Is this ready for promotions ?
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2022
AndroidAI:

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate

1. Feeds, Sections == Okay, I have work on the Sections and adding up of feeds as you suggested.

2. SEO Experts instead of Ads == Okay, but what if I am able to use both ? And is there any copywriter you can recommend for me ?

Thanks for the feedback once again!
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2022
Syntaxbyte:
Hello Dev's

Nice UI

1 Like

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Think4Myself:

Nice UI
Thanks for the feedback, please you might want to register and give some suggestions of improvement
Thanks so much!
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What's OSS ?
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by airsaylongcome: 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
Syntaxbyte:

I would focus on growing users and content before promoting. Expect to face “resistance” from NL as they don’t tolerate any form of competition. People could start getting banned for mentioning your forum. But interesting stuff you have going on there

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
Syntaxbyte:

In my opinion, Its ready
Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2022
Think4Myself:

In my opinion, Its ready
Good luck

Thanks for the feedback
Can you recommend a good way to promote such platform!
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Guy, this thing maketh sense I swear grin I feel like kissing the UI, very beautiful.. The UX is pretty good.. You should work on adding more functionality to it. It looks like a reddit for developers, even slightly better in my opinion. very fantastic stuff.. 10/10 guy..

Thanks so much for the feedback. Am really happy to hear this
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Please what did you use in building this?
I used Flarum source code to build mine!
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I would focus on growing users and content before promoting. Expect to face “resistance” from NL as they don’t tolerate any form of competition. People could start getting banned for mentioning your forum. But interesting stuff you have going on there

Thanks for the insight suggestion also, I will follow suit
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2022
Fimax:
Guy let me guess u want to develop a site like stackoverflow.com well good luck 9.5 over 10 but develop the front end

Yes, that is my aim. you're 10/10
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Beautiful website...

u forgot to give credit to https://flarum.org/ forum scripts tho.

beautiful anyways nothing bad in using already made script... nairaland uses simple machine script

Yes, I used Flarum open source code
I have talked with the developers as well

Thanks for the feedback
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by airsaylongcome: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
Think4Myself:

What's OSS ?

Open Source Software
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by AndroidAI(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2022
Syntaxbyte:

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate

1. Feeds, Sections == Okay, I have work on the Sections and adding up of feeds as you suggested.

2. SEO Experts instead of Ads == Okay, but what if I am able to use both ? And is there any copywriter you can recommend for me ?

Thanks for the feedback once again!

Go to the literature section of NL, writing and ads. Lots of writers, but you have to take your time cause the majority of them are terrible.

You can still run ads. But in my opinion, it's a waste of funds since your platform is still new. You can make it 20% ads, then 80% content marketing.

The goal is to have a lot of content that keeps your users returning. I am a copywriter, but I doubt if you can afford my services.

But i believe you can find affordable writers in the section i mentioned.

1 Like

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2022
AndroidAI:

Go to the literature section of NL, writing and ads. Lots of writers, but you have to take your time cause the majority of them are terrible.

You can still run ads. But in my opinion, it's a waste of funds since your platform is still new. You can make it 20% ads, then 80% content marketing.

The goal is to have a lot of content that keeps your users returning. I am a copywriter, but I doubt if you can afford my services.

Ur right... he'd probably loose money ruuning ads... unless he's selling a service too on the platform.

content is king in such websites... Organic traffic is his sure best.

he should rather Invest in SEO. n Buying quality backlinks.

1 Like

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
AndroidAI:

Thanks so much for the suggestions and thanks for being forward, I don't know about your services fee, but I also doubt if I can for now. I will check the section

1 Like

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by airsaylongcome: 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
Syntaxbyte:

Yes, that is my aim. you're 10/10

If SO is the target (and very commendable I must say), did you consider other Q&A OSS solutions like Question2Answer?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Syntaxbyte: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

If SO is the target (and very commendable I must say), did you consider other Q&A OSS solutions like Question2Answer?
Yes, it mainly contain Q2A.

A kind of collaborations between developers from every country
Re: I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
Syntaxbyte:

Thanks for the feedback
Can you recommend a good way to promote such platform!

You could pay those tech influencers on twitter to advertise it for you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Java Instsllatin 5/e / Need C# Code For This! / Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.