Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. (1580 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Goodvibes8(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
Good day nairalanders. I hope we are all having a good day. I really need your advice on how handle this issue going on in my compound.

I always mind my business Infact I no like wahala but there's this short midget in our compound that panel beats his wife almost everyday. Since I packed into this compound (8 months now) it's been from one domestic violence to another only from this particular man's apartment and this woman is a very light skinned, as one mark is about to heal, another mark surfaces instantly because of beating.
Sometimes he yell and insult his wife publicly in the compound, any slightest thing... "you be foolish woman" "na ogun go kill you this woman" "E better make you just die throway"

What happened yesterday really got me angry. As at 11pm yesterday this man was beating his wife, I heard the woman screaming, I also her 3 years old child crying alongside.
The problem here is that, every tenants in our compound are minding their business as if nothing is happening, Maybe they are used to the couple's violence, I don't know and Our landlord don't stay with us but the caretaker do come around often.

I have reported the short midget to our caretaker twice but nothing has changed. I even heard the short midget man is well respected outside despite being a woman panel beater.
I really feel for this woman, she's going through physical abuse almost everyday. How do I help her out of this situation? I wonder if she has any family people to run for help. It's really frighten.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Saviourk: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
I think u have done your best by reporting the issue to ur caretaker.In my opinion, I'll advise you to mind your business.

For the lady,she should return to her parents if she feels she's tired.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by nairalanderr: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
mind your business

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by obawinner(m): 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2022
Mind your business, If you meddle in their affairs, na you go turn bad man

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by H0didon(m): 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
Hmmm....Truth is, if she dies people telling you to mind your business will be the same set to judge and condemn you for not talking. The beating is everyday?? Plus the fact that she has a babychild? Too bad . If we have been helping each other as humans, we wouldn't be suffering much like this in this world. Flow with your mind gee...No iish.

If you really want to mind your business then you should pack away from that house to avoid future wahala which will still arise.

But if it was me, i would have advised her to pack away sha. Ma know say at least i played my part small, should incase anything happens.

As our Ancestors would say "Sometimes, being silent is dangerous".

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Unzerious: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
I try not to involve myself in Couples/Family disagreements, I'd advice you do same.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Jennyclay(f): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
These stupid men won't go and fight with their mate like Anthony Joshua and mike Tyson but they are quick to test their punching skills on women's body.

Sir, go to human rights or any police station closest to you and report that monster from the pit of hell.

Tell them that your neighbor is about to beat his wife to death, In short, tell the police that you don't know if your neighbor's wife will see the end of today.

I'm sure they will invite the monster for questioning and allow his to sign moral codes of conduct and if he trespasses he would be locked up.

What kind of world do we live in for God sake!!

Somebody will be killing another person in front of you... And you will be filming with your phone

Somebody will beating another person to death... And you will be minding your business instead for you to help.

Those of you that always mind your business or film people instead to help.. I pray you never get filmed to death too.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by tayo60(f): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2022
Do what you can do to help d woman

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Beremx(f): 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2022
The woman herself is stupid. A man keeps beating her and she doesn’t want to run for her life. I tell you, the moment you report the midget to the appropriate authorities, the woman herself will turn against you. The person you are trying to help will be your enemy

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Flora2Sweet: 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2022
Pls don't mind ur business ooo, cus if that woman dies in that compound... Na all of una go hear am ooo talking from Experience... make a video recording and report to the police ....

Cus if she eventually dies from the excessive beatings police will Arrest everybody in that compound and street sef, saying something like that has been happening and no one reported

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by ahnie: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2022
nairalanderr:
mind your business
That was how late osinachi died a miserable death.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by nairalanderr: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
ahnie:

That was how late osinachi died a miserable death.
doesn't the woman have sense,must they tell her everything?

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by ahnie: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
Beremx:
The woman herself is stupid. A man keeps beating her and she doesn’t want to run for her life. I tell you, the moment you report the midget to the appropriate authorities, the woman herself will turn against you. The person you are trying to help will be your enemy
I cum dey wonder welda them tie her legs there,maybe see dey pray fervently for the man to change.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by ahnie: 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
nairalanderr:
doesn't the woman have sense,must they tell her everything?
Sadly enough some women needs a nudge to ginger liver to move.

But the smart ones go do osondu.
No be every woman get japa sense
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by nairalanderr: 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
Beremx:
exactly,Somepeople don't want your help. with all the publicity on domestic violence,all the groups dedicated to assisting victims and stopping violence;if someone insists on being a fool for whatever reason then leave them in their foolishness before your good deed comes back to bite you in the arse

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Acidosis(m): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
Beremx:

Exactly.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Beremx(f): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2022
ahnie:

I cum dey wonder welda them tie her legs there,maybe see dey pray fervently for the man to change.
the woman knows the way to the police station. She should go report herself or let her keep enjoying the beating
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by ecolime(m): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
My advise for you.

Mind your business. Don't say you were not warned.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by yusluvad(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
Mind your business...
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by DenreleDave(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
sad sad sad sad

Op what if the woman enjoys the beating.... Violence may be their own way of showing love to each other....

Have you ever caught them having sex? It will be more violent than this...

Some women loves pain.....
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by DenreleDave(m): 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
Beremx:

Stop calling someone midget... It's an insult
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by ahnie: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2022
DenreleDave:

Stop calling someone midget... It's an insult
Maybe short devil is the right word to use then.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by cayorday89(m): 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
Goodvibes8, you can still make the report anonymously, their child is my main concern, she is suffering as a result of the foolishness of the parents,especially the mother who has no where to run to...

Search on Facebook for the agency against Domestic Violence in your state of residence and make the report, they won't necessarily implicate you. If Lagos State the better, they reply fast.

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by gentlestdude(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2022
Fool mind your gaddam business
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by sisisioge: 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2022
You mean the woman is a baby who doesnt want to save her own self from abuse? Oga, the highest you should do is talk to her and if she no hear you too mind your business. For some women,it is their destiny to die in the hands of a man. Werey dan shege woman! I'm sorry, I'm just so annoyed that shes using her troubles to disturb the peace of the compound ni.....see that ekwueme woman, shes gone now never to disturb anyone's peace again!

As for the man, the azzzzjole is just being enabled.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by wunmi590(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2022

Find away to snap or video how he was beating the wife, take it to the necessary authority and let them do justice to it...

I hate men beating women, the day I will find out one of my male friend beats his wife, nah that day I go disfrienship the person.....

I will rather walkout of the house if any woman cause me problem, than to beat her....

Please even if you can't get the video, still report to the authorities in charge of domestic abuse, that man will be crying in jail till next 30years
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Nekky5(f): 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2022
You can help by secretly involving human rights or any NGO that deals on women abuse. You are a man and co -tenant , any obvious act from you might be wrongly judged. Watch how things unfold afterwards and look away if it continues. You may as well relocate if you are the type that abhors such scenarios.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Dizzyyish: 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
As someone above mentioned, you may think you're helping but you're just implicating yourself. That woman has the option to leave but she opts to stay, don't be surprised if both of them antagonise you if you attempt to 'defend' her from that man.

https://www.nairaland.com/7263645/wild-wicked-worrisome-ways-women
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Fiscus105(m): 3:52am On Aug 05, 2022
Beremx:

..........be working and getting ur own income as wife you said no.....

Wen a woman knows without her husband she cant feed not to talk of clothing. .....When husband is the alpha and Omega of woman being on earth, why won't he take her for ride ?

Woman should stop believing that, it's tru man that they can live or become something in life , you have two hands to work and get income, a woman who is working and having income, would have left if husband subjected her to abuse on daily basis

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by ahnie: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Maybe she's handicapped financially,hence her reasons for enduring those bullshit.
Trust me,in the long run it causes lowself esteem and depression.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by Channah1(f): 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mind your business
mind your business
Mind your business abeg!

The woman is not a goat tied somewhere in that house. If the beating is not intense enough to make her use her number 6 to report the man by herself or even leave the house for him, why are you now the one getting worried for her?

Body never pain her reach. When it does, she'll borrow sense and do the needful.

Mind your bizness.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. by JONSYN7154: 5:52am On Aug 06, 2022
Goodvibes8:
Good day nairalanders. I hope we are all having a good day. I really need your advice on how handle this issue going on in my compound.

I always mind my business Infact I no like wahala but there's this short midget in our compound that panel beats his wife almost everyday. Since I packed into this compound (8 months now) it's been from one domestic violence to another only from this particular man's apartment and this woman is a very light skinned, as one mark is about to heal, another mark surfaces instantly because of beating.
Sometimes he yell and insult his wife publicly in the compound, any slightest thing... "you be foolish woman" "na ogun go kill you this woman" "E better make you just die throway"

What happened yesterday really got me angry. As at 11pm yesterday this man was beating his wife, I heard the woman screaming, I also her 3 years old child crying alongside.
The problem here is that, every tenants in our compound are minding their business as if nothing is happening, Maybe they are used to the couple's violence, I don't know and Our landlord don't stay with us but the caretaker do come around often.

I have reported the short midget to our caretaker twice but nothing has changed. I even heard the short midget man is well respected outside despite being a woman panel beater.
I really feel for this woman, she's going through physical abuse almost everyday. How do I help her out of this situation? I wonder if she has any family people to run for help. It's really frighten.
I don't know where you're but you can report to an authority that handle domestic violence.

You can report ananimously in doing that you've save a life.

Our Son Is Officially 6months Today. (photos) / Someone On Nairaland Gave Us 30k To Rent A House / We Need Teens Section On Nairaland

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53