Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:57 AM

National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria (20445 Views)

Mugabekazi Lilliane Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail For Indecent Dressing In Rwanda / Enugu Police Arrest Two Ladies Walking On The Road For Indecent Dressing / Improper Dressing In The Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by simplesearch: 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
A society that allows God's law rule their lives will most likely attract his blessings. Kudos to the proponents of this bill and if it eventually sail through more kudos to them.

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Crenzywilliams(m): 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
These muffins are just a bunch of paid jobless mfs. With all the hardship, corruption, insecurity and craziness bedeviling Nigeria, they want to spend tax payers money to print out papers and argue about ppl going about the stupid lifestyles and bother no body.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by BinamRex: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2022
I know it's repugnant to see men dressed like women, but is this bill what our senators should be debating at this time?

How about impeaching Buhari. It's been revealed that Buhari is giving our hard-earned money to Niger Republic when poverty is choking us here. Shouldn't they discuss this at the National Assembly?
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by omohayek: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
sucess001:

Threat to our morals pls.
And how exactly does what someone else wear threaten your morals? Are you trying to say the sight of a man cross-dressing will somehow awaken shameful desires within you or something? If so, that says a lot more about your own sexual confusion than it does about anything else. The rest of us have no need for a Saudi-style "morals police" to keep us from being led astray be crossdressers.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by wonlasewonimi: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
When you major in minor...
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by omohayek: 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2022
simplesearch:
A society that allows God's law rule their lives will most likely attract his blessings. Kudos to the proponents of this bill and if it eventually sail through more kudos to them.
If you want to live under "God's law" so badly, why not move to Saudi Arabia, Iran or Afghanistan, and let the rest of us live in a nation with a clear separation between Church/Mosque and State? Government should be about solving real problems affecting all citizens, not for imposing the religious beliefs of a few on everyone else.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by VeryWickedGoat: 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2022
izzou:
Please they should quickly criminalise it.

This is my pathway to Japa

Pocohantas go borrow me skirts. Ishilove go borrow me blouse. GloriousGbola go give me him safety boots

I go wear am pass Alagbon. Dem go arrest me. I go quickly go Twitter go tag LGBTQRBHHFHFUTALPB community

Asylum, here I come

cool

They set man yansh in a room for you to Bleep and prove your claim o so get ready.

Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by casualobserver: 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2022
I am sure this is something all Nigerians can agree upon!!! We dont want this nonsense in our country!!!
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by nnamdi640: 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2022
That is the least of our problem for now. Why are this senator so insensitive to what Nigeria really want now
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Chichibu(m): 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2022
cloth have no sex
why can't the person wear whatever he wants?
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by magicminister: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
before you support this, forget the LGTV community and see how a ban on dressing can impact you.
So, you want to "dread" you hair as a man or woman, you can be prosecuted for it depending on if the court believes dreads are for men or women. If you wear jeans as a woman, you can be locked up for that.
If you wear skinny jeans as a man, that is wahala.
This law is not what we need!!! Our people have relative freedom and content creators/actors and actresses have exploited it to bring us joy. Do not take the small freedom we have
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Franking: 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2022
Criminalize looting. It's obviously only audio criminalized.
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2022
This is not a priority bt we don't need trans or LGBTQ, I don't think the law is necessary since we have a same sex marriage law let people dress as the choose.
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by sucess001(m): 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2022
omohayek:

And how exactly does what someone else wear threaten your morals? Are you trying to say the sight of a man cross-dressing will somehow awaken shameful desires within you or something? If so, that says a lot more about your own sexual confusion than it does about anything else. The rest of us have no need for a Saudi-style "morals police" to keep us from being led astray be crossdressers.

Mumu. You don't know that what is shown on social media impacts the society? Or your medula can't process this?
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Rebirth212: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2022
BobRisky will not like dis oooh ....
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Epurogonogono(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
These lawmakers just love to major in the minor.

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Sunday2021: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2022
For those of you that start saying immorality, immorality. There is no immorality that reaches the corruption going on by the politicians.
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by OgunkeelAllMod: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2022
angry angry the way i fukking hate those bastard cross dresser whatever ehn! infact i fit easiyl just k1ll one of them without thinking1 fukking DEGENERATE,BENT MINDED MOFOS!
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
These are mundane things, why can't they prepare the impeachment notice against useless president??
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
Rebirth212:
BobRisky will not like dis oooh ....

Na to relocate o

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Prettychild(f): 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Cmanforall: 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2022
Octopusssy:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-61646540
Shame on the legislooters for having fines paid in US dollar. What happened to their Naira?
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by nathyx(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
Bill very much supported! You can cross dress in the comfort of your home not going out luring people into cross dressing like is something to be proud of.
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by masseratti: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2022
dead on arrival... alot of cultures in Nigeria.. men where wrappers which is typically wore by women, will they also arrest women wearing trousers? bunch of clowns... anyone has every right to wear whatever he or she want to wear, so far its not security uniform or revealing nudity outfit.
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by onyenna85000: 5:08pm On Aug 04, 2022
It's a welcome development. The so called LGBT is the reason why monkey pox is on the rise. If they are not comfortable with Nigeria and it's policies towards them, they should go and feel comfortable elsewhere.
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by jeff1607(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
Benin chiefs nko ?

Make dem no sha touch my wrapper
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by komekn(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Channel your energy fighting terrorism and secure our citizens

Cross dressers do not possess any treath to the society... undecided

Why is Africa like dis self

Yes they do to our moral standards, norms and values.

If you don't stop it tl, just look at what happens in the west.

It started with a non empirical based removal of this depraved mental disorders from t he registere of mental health disorder.

Then it moved to non discrimination, then tolerance then acceptance, then equality then changed the definition of marriage by law, then to promotion and now stigmatisation and discrimination of anybody not in support of LGBTQ.

See screenshot below.

Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by preciousmetals: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
Misplaced priority, aniimaals in the hem of power
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by Vivvvy1(f): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
This country na joke sad
Re: National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria by normaman(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2022
In this deep shit wey naija dey, na this one them prioritise? If only bandits can storm into the national assembly open fire randomly then they'll know there are no jokes. Bunch of idiots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Final Moment Of Crowning Chioma Obiadi Stephenie As Miss Nigeria 2016 (Video / See the Pageant Organisers Contesting for National Executive Position Of The As / Beauty Pageant Association Congratulates General Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.