Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses (569 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by VictorGeneral4(m): 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2022
i recently got to know that they don't partake in electoral process... Please why?
Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by cornelboy(f): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2022
VictorGeneral4:
i recently got to know that they don't partake in electoral process... Please why?
Cos if Jesus was here today, he wouldn't partake in politics.
Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
VictorGeneral4:

POLITICS is the FORBIDDEN FRUIT Adam and Eve ate in the garden of Eden!

Ever since man began ruling over his fellowman life keeps getting harder for mankind on this planet {Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9} because it doesn't belong to a man who is walking even to direct his own steps {Jeremiah 10:23} that's why God told the Israelites to wait until the Messiah (Christ) come before He anoint a King over them {Genesis 49:10 compare to Isaiah 9:6-7} but the Israelites felt like having human Kings like other nations {1Samuel 8:6} but that simply means they are rejecting the true God who is their rightful King! 1Samuel 8:7

That's why JEHOVAH the true God asked Samuel to tell them what human rulers will do to them and how they will cry to God but Be won't hid their call when they're sufferings as a result of the wickedness of their human rulers! 1Samuel 8:11-18

Please can you relate with Samuel said about human rulers and how they will dominate their own people in a wicked way with what Nigerians are experiencing today?

Well it's not that God just doesn't want humans to rule over humans but there's a reason why it won't end well.

The welfare of each community largely depends on the mindset of the inhabitants of that community, and the heart of man is treacherous and desperate {Jeremiah 17:9} so the higher the desperation in the hearts of those that makes up a community the swifter in decadence of such community. And since you can't import aliens from outer space but using the same people in that community as rulers over their own people, things will deteriorate faster than ever. That's what is affecting our country Nigeria, each family is desperate to get one of their son or daughter into political offices, not to go there and make Nigeria proud but to STEAL from the treasury and bring back to their family. All the senators and representatives know this very well that's why nobody is being persecuted or punished for mismanagement because that's exactly what every family in Nigeria is looking forward to do. If you search very carefully you will find some people who truly love that name "NIGERIA" but how many are they compared to those who wants to STEAL?
Perhaps 2% which means their efforts will be jeopardized by the majority after all DEMOCRACY is the government of the people by the people and for the people!
So if majority in Nigeria are dishonest and insincere what do you expect of the government they will produce? Psalms 11:3

The same thing is affecting all other nations but their cases differs due to the mindset of the majority of their citizens! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by TenQ: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
cornelboy:

Cos if Jesus was here today, he wouldn't partake in politics.
But you are beneficiaries of what the elected government does!

Unfortunately, Jesus did not live in the time of democracy hence He had no part in governance. But at least it is in record that once Jesus paid His TAX to HELP the Government of the day !

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by TenQ: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
Cc: cornelboy

MaxInDHouse:

POLITICS is the FORBIDDEN FRUIT Adam and Eve ate in the garden of Eden!

Ever since man began ruling over his fellowman life keeps getting harder for mankind on this planet {Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9} because it doesn't belong to a man who is walking even to direct his own steps {Jeremiah 10:23} that's why God told the Israelites to wait until the Messiah (Christ) come before He anoint a King over them {Genesis 49:10 compare to Isaiah 9:6-7} but the Israelites felt like having human Kings like other nations {1Samuel 8:6} but that simply means they are rejecting the true God who is their rightful King! 1Samuel 8:7

That's why JEHOVAH the true God asked Samuel to tell them what human rulers will do to them and how they will cry to God but Be won't hid their call when they're sufferings as a result of the wickedness of their human rulers! 1Samuel 8:11-18

Please can you relate with Samuel said about human rulers and how they will dominate their own people in a wicked way with what Nigerians are experiencing today?

Well it's not that God just doesn't want humans to rule over humans but there's a reason why it won't end well.

The welfare of each community largely depends on the mindset of the inhabitants of that community, and the heart of man is treacherous and desperate {Jeremiah 17:9} so the higher the desperation in the hearts of those that makes up a community the swifter in decadence of such community. And since you can't import aliens from outer space but using the same people in that community as rulers over their own people, things will deteriorate faster than ever. That's what is affecting our country Nigeria, each family is desperate to get one of their son or daughter into political offices, not to go there and make Nigeria proud but to STEAL from the treasury and bring back to their family. All the senators and representatives know this very well that's why nobody is being persecuted or punished for mismanagement because that's exactly what every family in Nigeria is looking forward to do. If you search very carefully you will find some people who truly love that name "NIGERIA" but how many are they compared to those who wants to STEAL?
Perhaps 2% which means their efforts will be jeopardized by the majority after all DEMOCRACY is the government of the people by the people and for the people!
So if majority in Nigeria are dishonest and insincere what do you expect of the government they will produce? Psalms 11:3

The same thing is affecting all other nations but their cases differs due to the mindset of the majority of their citizens! smiley
But the Jehovah's witness organisation have their own GOVERNMENT, don't they?

On a serious not Maximus, I got to preach to a JW two days ago and we had reasons to look at the book of Revelation chapters 5, 6 and 7.

Your member (a woman ) says ALL the events relating to the opening of the SIX seals in Rev 5 have ALL taken place.
I therefore want to know
1. Is this your official JW position?
2. When did the events of the opening of the seals take place?

This led to a question she could NOT answer. I WILL pose this question after you answer these two questions above.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
TenQ:
Cc: cornelboy
But the Jehovah's witness organisation have their own GOVERNMENT, don't they?
On a serious not Maximus, I got to preach to a JW two days ago and we had reasons to look at the book of Revelation chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Your member (a woman ) says ALL the events relating to the opening of the SIX seals in Rev 5 have ALL taken place.
I therefore want to know
This led to a question she could NOT answer. I WILL pose this question after you answer these two questions above.

The difference between the government in JW and other governments.
JW government don't use weapons to intimidate their subjects rather we submitted to them willingly due to their presentation that's based on Bible truth.
JW government aren't elected (though they were in times past before God's Holy Spirit taught them that such system is worldly) they are anointed/chosi by God's Holy Spirit now.
JW government taught all their subjects never to defend anything except the truth from God's word so weapons aren't needed.
JW government don't discriminate so members are from different races throughout the earth as they love God's word.
JW government don't trust in their ability to make things better rather they believe and taught all their members to believe in God's Kingdom.

As for your questions ask the lady for a free home Bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses it doesn't mean you have become one of us but you're trying to know what we believe.
Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by TenQ: 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The difference between the government in JW and other governments.
JW government don't use weapons to intimidate their subjects rather we submitted to them willingly due to their presentation that's based on Bible truth.
JW government aren't elected (though they were in times past before God's Holy Spirit taught them that such system is worldly) they are anointed/chosi by God's Holy Spirit now.
JW government taught all their subjects never to defend anything except the truth from God's word so weapons aren't needed.
JW government don't discriminate so members are from different races throughout the earth as they love God's word.
JW government don't trust in their ability to make things better rather they believe and taught all their members to believe in God's Kingdom.

As for your questions ask the lady for a free home Bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses it doesn't mean you have become one of us but you're trying to know what we believe.
Thanks! smiley
I've heard about JW and governments.

The main questions I asked you avoided. Here it is again

I therefore want to know

I am not JW nor do I claim to be one

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
TenQ:

The main questions I asked you avoided. Here it is again
I therefore want to know

I am not JW nor do I claim to be one

Those questions requires a free home Bible study with JWs in your neighbourhood, it can't be answered here so it's either you welcome JWs to know or you forget it.
Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by TenQ: 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Those questions requires a free home Bible study with JWs in your neighbourhood, it can't be answered here so it's either you welcome JWs to know or you forget it.
Thanks! smiley
They are simple questions
1. Do you concur with her statement as official JW doctrine?
This require Simple YES or NO answer!
2. The second question depends on if the official position is YES (the seals have all been opened).
If they have yet been opened, there is no case to answer.
If they have been opened, then briefly explain when QED!

The question requires ANSWERS and not STUDIES!

1Pet 3:15:
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

I'm sure the above is in your bible!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
TenQ:

They are simple questions
1. Do you concur with her statement as official JW doctrine?
This require Simple YES or NO answer!
2. The second question depends on if the official position is YES (the seals have all been opened).
If they have yet been opened, there is no case to answer.
If they have been opened, then briefly explain when QED!

The question requires ANSWERS and not STUDIES!

1Pet 3:15:
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

I'm sure the above is in your bible!

Go back to her and she will tell you what to do after all i have answered the question that has to do with the topic of discussion here! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by TenQ: 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Go back to her and she will tell you what to do after all i have answered the question that has to do with the topic of discussion here! smiley
Unfortunately, I can't (she's a stranger to me).
I gave her a lift in my vehicle and started a conversation about her salvation. The discussion led us to the book of Revelation , specifically chapters 5, 6 & 7.

Her claim was that the 6 seals of Rev chapter 6 have all been opened.

I ask the question:
Is this your official JW doctrine/position?

You are an Elder in your church and you should know: therefore, I ask!
Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
TenQ:

Unfortunately, I can't (she's a stranger to me).
I gave her a lift in my vehicle and started a conversation about her salvation. The discussion led us to the book of Revelation , specifically chapters 5, 6 & 7.

Her claim was that the 6 seals of Rev chapter 6 have all been opened.

I ask the question:
Is this your official JW doctrine/position?

You are an Elder in your church and you should know: therefore, I ask!

This is what you said regarding the questions you asked that correlates with the topic of discussion:

TenQ:

Saying you've heard doesn't mean you've accepted what JWs believe as the truth but you just want to keep that aside and start looking for ways to begin an argument.
So if you've accepted what JWs taught/believes regarding the world's government then you shouldn't let anything stop you from knowing more. As JWs we only strike on the internet so that when we find a lost sheep of the house of Israel we direct them to go and do the needful in order to be satisfied with spiritual nourishment.
JWs are coming to your area soon wait for them and invite them for a free home Bible study on the topic that interests you! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by cornelboy(f): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
TenQ:

But you are beneficiaries of what the elected government does!
How exactly? Or do you think they're doing God's work?

Unfortunately, Jesus did not live in the time of democracy hence He had no part in governance.
Lol. Does it matter the type of government practised, whether it's democracy or aristocracy or any other form of government?

But at least it is in record that once Jesus paid His TAX to HELP the Government of the day !
Jesus was a law abiding citizen and the JWs do the same today.

Jesus only preached about god's kingdom and taught his disciples never to associate with the world.

The disciples and early church followed his footsteps and they remained politically neutral until Constantine took over the church.

The JWs are a today and they are doing everything found in the Bible.
They are not influenced by the Roman Catholics false man-made doctrines but are established in Bible TRUTH.

They are the ones doing God's will today.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by TenQ: 10:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
cornelboy:

How exactly? Or do you think they're doing God's work?

Lol. Does it matter the type of government practised, whether it's democracy or aristocracy or any other form of government?

Jesus was a law abiding citizen and the JWs do the same today.

Jesus only preached about god's kingdom and taught his disciples never to associate with the world.

The disciples and early church followed his footsteps and they remained politically neutral until Constantine took over the church.

The JWs are a today and they are doing everything found in the Bible.
They are not influenced by the Roman Catholics false man-made doctrines but are established in Bible TRUTH.

They are the ones doing God's will today.
Let me just help you with some scriptures.

Rom 13:1-4:
"Let every soul be subject to the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Will you then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and you shall have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath on him that does evil."

1 Peter 2:13-17
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Titus 3:1-2
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

1 Timothy 2:1-15
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Unfortunately, this is the minor part of my question. The major part you AVOIDED deliberately.

Here it is again:

I got to preach to a JW two days ago and we had reasons to look at the book of Revelation chapters 5, 6 and 7.
I therefore want to know

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by TenQ: 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is what you said regarding the questions you asked that correlates with the topic of discussion:

Saying you've heard doesn't mean you've accepted what JWs believe as the truth but you just want to keep that aside and start looking for ways to begin an argument.
So if you've accepted what JWs taught/believes regarding the world's government then you shouldn't let anything stop you from knowing more. As JWs we only strike on the internet so that when we find a lost sheep of the house of Israel we direct them to go and do the needful in order to be satisfied with spiritual nourishment.
JWs are coming to your area soon wait for them and invite them for a free home Bible study on the topic that interests you! smiley

Why is it easy to speak about government rather than doctrines?

I have heard your position about government and I am not saying a word for or against your position on it.

The area of my question is about your DOCTRINE and UNDERSTANDING of Revelation Chapter 6 speaking of the six SEALS. Are the events ALREADY fulfilled or NOT?

Why is the question so difficult for you and cornelboy to answer. I even told you the answer of your member and I want to confirm if it is your Official position!

Is there something to he afraid of!?
Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by imiski(m): 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
TenQ:

I have heard your position about government and I am not saying a word for or against your position on it.

The area of my question is about your DOCTRINE and UNDERSTANDING of Revelation Chapter 6 speaking of the six SEALS. Are the events ALREADY fulfilled or NOT?

Why is the question so difficult for you and cornelboy to answer. I even told you the answer of your member and I want to confirm if it is your Official position!

My man that guy done run. JW are very cunning, and are well trained in the fine art of it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2022
TenQ:

Topic of discussion here is government, you have asked a question and i've answered but since you're neither for or against our position it will be better we know your own position on the topic of discussion before you can derail this thread! wink
Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
imiski:
My man that guy done run. JW are very cunning, and are well trained in the fine art of it.

Thank you jàre.
I have run away from him after all he's not the OP and i have answered the OP including his own first question. That should be enough for him to decide what to do about JWs! wink
Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by TenQ: 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Topic of discussion here is government, you have asked a question and i've answered but since you're neither for or against our position it will be better we know your own position on the topic of discussion before you can derail this thread! wink
Dear is obviously disturbing you.

The question:

The area of my question is about your DOCTRINE and UNDERSTANDING of Revelation Chapter 6 speaking of the six SEALS . Are the events ALREADY fulfilled or NOT?

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
TenQ:

Dear is obviously disturbing you.
The question:
The area of my question is about your DOCTRINE and UNDERSTANDING of Revelation Chapter 6 speaking of the six SEALS . Are the events ALREADY fulfilled or NOT?

Keep your question for your pastors if you're not ready to tell me what you believe about the topic of discussion! wink
Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by TenQ: 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
imiski:
Dear is disturbing him as they weren't taught answers to the question. He has gone around to check and couldn't find an answer. Rather that say what he thinks the scripture is saying, he would rather wait until the governing body of the JW give an official position. Till then, it's to dodge the question like plague

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
TenQ:

Dear is disturbing him as they weren't taught answers to the question. He has gone around to check and couldn't find an answer. Rather that say what he thinks the scripture is saying, he would rather wait until the governing body of the JW give an official position. Till then, it's to dodge the question like plague

Exactly!

So keep what you know while i keep the little my GOVERNING BODY taught me! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Truth You Should Know About Masturbation. / The Judgement Day And You. / Andrew Tate: The Anti-christ Of Our Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.