Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling (44216 Views)

Super League: UEFA Metes Out Punishment To 9 Clubs; Real, Juve, Barca React / Robinho Is Sentenced To 9 Years In Prison For Raping A Young Albanian Woman / Robinho Sentenced To 9 Years In Prison Over Sexual Assault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by InvertedHammer: 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
/

An adult who intentionally walked herself into a cage is not a victim.

/

3 Likes

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by rabiudon: 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
1gm of cannabis oil is neglectable. This is too harsh
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Gbemini(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Americans are drug addicts that's why they let Tinubu go free.
biafra in ur blood is more than 100kg wwre
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Truthsave: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2022
SeunDAssLicker:
Russia thinks everything is politics. Less than 1gram is basically a pinch. Very useless country, to all blacks who thinks the Russians give a Bleep about you, this is what they do.

Stop crying for a gay/ transgender she/he asshole
Unless you are a gay and trans too tongue tongue
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Peppysco: 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Americans are drug addicts that's why they let Tinubu go free.

Thank goodness for India and other Asian countries that do the needful for your folks and uncles out there being paraded on daily basis. At least, we all know the penalty for drugs in those Asian countries. I come in peace ✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Shascky33: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
grandstar:

What she carried was an inconsequential dosage of hemp oil.
Which one cum b inconsequential. Oga! Bad tin na bad tin. Is lyk NDLEA neva hold u b4.

3 Likes

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by skywalker240(m): 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
Did i read where that old blokie said wife shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Shascky33: 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2022
rabiudon:
1gm of cannabis oil is neglectable. This is too harsh
she 4 try am for saudi arabia. Alot of things permited in the west are close to felonies in some asian states. Try smuggling a single gram of kolanut into saudi arabia and see how it ends.

4 Likes

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by sayso: 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
LoveFayfay:
An honest mistake?? How can that be.
She packed her luggage in a hurry and did not know the tiny bottle was there. Honest(she was responsible). Mistake(should have checked her bag before boarding)

4 Likes

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by kingjis: 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2022
God1000:
She's a victim of Russia-Ukraine war

Hopefully she will regain her freedom soon, though she made a mistake by going to Russia with drugs

Think before you talk
How is she a victim of russia-ukraine war ?

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by PortHarcourtcit(m): 9:32pm On Aug 04, 2022
kaludestiny10:
[b]So that she can be with her wife and loved ones. [/b]As someone who is against homosexuality, the Russian government should put her behind bars for long period of time until her brains resets to normal.
I support this motion...

2 Likes

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by LoveFayfay(f): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2022
Preciousbrave:

What do you know?
I know nothing, please enlighten me undecided
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Mccullum: 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
MedicH:

a poor useless bastard is calling an olympic gold medalist a spoilt brat.

can your generation ever?

grin Yes she's, if not spoilt brat, she won't be addicted to drug,

She won't be a lesbian, she's one of the symbol of immorality,

We're not talking about fame or achievement in sport here,

It's about moral way of life, another one was how she broke the law of Russia deliberately

and still saying honest mistake, does that sensible to you? grin
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Mercury12(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2022
LoveFayfay:
An honest mistake?? How can that be.
lol that is what the western media wants people to believe. It is as if Russia don't have their own laws. That is nothing but BS.
If they decide to dialogue with Russiia government that is a different case. She might be unconditionally released but issuing threats when she already broke the law is No No

3 Likes

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by tishbite42: 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2022
Shascky33:

We blacks in africa have no business with dem blacks in the US. Aside skin colour (race), we have nothing in common You must be dreaming if you think they care a grain abt you. Her gay pussy can rot behind bars for all we care.
Vote Atiku.
Lol
You don kill me with laff
Naija and their wahala
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Mercury12(m): 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nonexisting:
She can go fucck all the female prisoners. I fuccking hate gays and trans people. If Russia wan punish her, they will throw her inside male prison since she claim to be man now.
Wait a min. So this person claim to be a transgender?
What is she+he doing in sports?
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Tremple8v: 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2022
political pawn

1 Like

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2022
Russia... this is wicked... well for those who r thinking of going to Russia should think twice..

Its just politics... she was caught in it..

Russia is inhumane... very stupid judges.. its oil for medical use.. not enough for commercial use!!

Very useless people
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by jojothaiv(m): 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2022
sammyj:
Fantastic. This will teach her a lesson to understand that what is legal in your country is illegal in another country. Learn to know other countries' rules of engagement before traveling shocked shocked.
Countries going for Qatar 2022 may likely learn their lessons the hard way.
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2022
chukwugoziegi:
The odds were against her from the onset as a Gay American, because what is less than one gram of cannabis oil to earn her 9 year in prison?

Russia no like gays... at all... hmmm another angle..!!

2 Likes

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by fredoooooo: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2022
SeunDAssLicker:
Russia thinks everything is politics. Less than 1gram is basically a pinch. Very useless country, to all blacks who thinks the Russians give a Bleep about you, this is what they do.
Majority of you will just be shouting on top of nothing

Atleast you know that Russsi give no Bleep about you and never pretend , what of the ones that present themselves as Angel but devil ?

4 Likes

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Dmacqh(m): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2022
fairwilliams:
Funny en0ugh, she's anti America... She hate America like shit....many citizen were happy cox of her situati0n.... Frm d page wey i dey b0mb na there i knw sha oo

Which page bro ?
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Ishilove: 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
so she can be with her wife
She, her and wife, all in the same sentence.

We live in very abominable times

1 Like

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by grandstar(m): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2022
Shascky33:

Which one cum b inconsequential. Oga! Bad tin na bad tin. Is lyk NDLEA neva hold u b4.

I have brought that same oil from the UK into Nigeria. It is called CBD oil. The intoxicant found in Indian hemp has been removed from it. It is quite harmless.

The oil has many benefits. Russia is using her to score cheap points.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Dvdpity: 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
God1000:
She's a victim of Russia-Ukraine war

Hopefully she will regain her freedom soon, though she made a mistake by going to Russia with drugs

You are high on drugs
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Krismas(m): 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2022
God1000:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/08/04/europe/brittney-griner-trial/index.html
grin See setup! 9yrs for 1gram or 6ml of cannabis oil??
Rubbish judgement. grin Politics!
Divide pure-water into 60 equal part, take one out of the 60parts. That’s the quantity of substance found on Griner!
Its too small to warrant 1million Rubbles and 9yrs behind bars
By the way grin The woman tall sha! She is 7’ 2”
And to tink the tallest woman in the world is 7’ 7” Brittney Griner is almost the tallest woman in d world herself

1 Like

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by omoyeni37: 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
This lady tall sha, look how the guards be beside her.
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by Delacroix6(m): 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
Zulu2022:
very wicked country,HV never heard Dem giv out money to any country in Africa or is it even covid..if African knw wat Americans HV don to Dem de will b tanking there God ,from UNICEF to inn to red Cross and so much,even de give countries fund,grant as in,even though de explore one, America are good hearted

It's unimaginable how many people would have died of HIV if not for the US giving out free HIV medications.
And the vaccines people take for free. They have no idea who's paying for them.
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by folake4u(f): 11:01pm On Aug 04, 2022
just2endowed:

She went with 1 gram of oil made of cannabis..and they found out and she was detained. Let look at it. There is one herbal hair cream made of marijuana herbs. It enhanced local hair growth. Imagine you were caught with a cream of such thsts around 100gram.
What will you say or do?

Her own case is even worst. She was caught with one gram of oil.... Na waoh.

@the bolded. Yeah true. I have used it before. I also have the hair conditioner as well. cheesy
Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by SeunDAssLicker: 11:15pm On Aug 04, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Round the world Ode junior brother. You want to know me, add me on WhatsApp, or IG, then you know me, make Una no Dey ask mumu question, because say a faceless app.

Imagine this dunce begging someone to add them on WhatsApp, who gives a f about your bent life? I can bet my balls you’ve been nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: Britney Griners Sentenced To 9 Years In Russian Prison For Drug-Smuggling by VEHINTOLAR: 11:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
Today, American citizen Brittney Griner received a prison sentence that is one more reminder of what the world already knew: Russia is wrongfully detaining Brittney. It's unacceptable, and I call on Russia to release her immediately so she can be with her wife, loved ones, friends, and teammates," Biden said in a statement.

Can someone please explain the bolded part for me ? I'm confused,please !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hilarious Faces Of Men’s Olympic Diving - Make Sure You Don’t Laugh / AFCON 2021: Ghana Vs Comoros (2 - 3) On 18th January 2022 / Kelechi Iheanacho Wins Leicester City 2020-21 Goal Of The Season Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.