Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,159 members, 7,867,363 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

Do I Need To Be Good At Math To Become A Good Programmer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do I Need To Be Good At Math To Become A Good Programmer? (363 Views)

I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice / At 40, Can I Still Learn Programming And Be Good At It? / Can I Be A Good Programmer Without Studying Computer Science In The University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need To Be Good At Math To Become A Good Programmer? by EfevwiaEfemena(m): 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2022
This question depends on the part of programming you want to get into, So having some basic Arithmetic knowledge is great, but keep in mind the computer does a lot of the work for you, So what’s more important is how to tell a computer to perform Arithmetic and how to perform the various functions like calculating Pi and so forth.
NOTE: There’s normally inbuilt functions that do a lot of that stuff for you, so you don’t need to memorize or be fantastic at math to succeed.
Although there are situations you start getting into 3D programming or 3D games programming, then depending on the framework you using, YES! You need to know some basic trigonometry or some advanced math.
NOTE: As a general rule, getting into programming, NO! You don’t need to be fantastically good at math, if you just get some basic math skills, then you good to go.

Re: Do I Need To Be Good At Math To Become A Good Programmer? by Onucs(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
Not very good but moderate is enough. You have to be good at logic and reasoning though. All these attributes can be developed anyway, so u have nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need To Be Good At Math To Become A Good Programmer? by emetisuccess(m): 8:24am On Aug 05, 2022
Yeah!! Very good, if u will be dealing with the backend aspect. So much logic that can sit u in one place if u make a single mistake for the next 24hrs and make u to forget ur bath. Go And learn inequalities, +*-=-, -/+=-, simple arithmetic, and many more simple maths.

(1) (Reply)

/ The Start And Finish Of My Chatmore App Project - Learnedsconcept / Mark Zuckerberg: Threads Users Down By More Than A Half

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.