Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,021 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment (1276 Views)

What Exactly Will It Take To Live In Peace In This Country? (my Sad Birthday) / If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Make Nigeria Better? / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by bigpicture001: 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
From how things are in the country, everyone will agree that unemployment is our major concern as a country....

Granted somehow, u become the president of Nigeria, how exactly will you solve the issue

NB. Do not say the world enabling environment without expantiating on what it means...

Again do not say, "they should".. cuz u are now the president.... Remember u need to creat at least 10 million jobs in 8 years..

Let's take the center stage... Keep it coming guyz!
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by agadez007(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
bigpicture001:
From how things are in the country, everyone will agree that unemployment is our major concern as a country....

Granted somehow, u become the president of Nigeria, how exactly will you solve the issue

NB. Do not say the world enabling environment without expantiating on what it means...

Again do not say, "they should".. cuz u are now the president.... Remember u need to creat at least 10 million jobs in 8 years..

like this

1 Like

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by ajani2311: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2022
All Nigerian forming genius will by pass this topic, the only we know is criticizing tell all of us to bring solution everybody will go mute.so easier than done, but for me I will give Nigeria stable electricity and secure live and properties, then leave for another person to come and fix what he feels is next

3 Likes

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by ajani2311: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2022
All Nigerian forming genius will by pass this topic, the only thing we know is criticizing, tell all of us to bring solution now everybody will go mute.so easier than done, but for me I will give Nigeria stable electricity and secure lives and properties, then leave for another person to come and fix what he feels is next

1 Like

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by socialmediaman: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2022
They've sent OP to gather information that they will use for manifesto.

5 Likes

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by dejol88: 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
bigpicture001:

If I am the president, I won’t have wasted money in buying cars for Niger republic.But let say I am stupid president and I must buys cars for Niger republic, I would have bought Nigeria made cars of the value used in buying Toyota.

1.4billion will help over 30 people keep there jobs

3 Likes

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by risos(m): 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
A wee jus se d kontree an japa
Iz no produsin de kind of persun da wee defelop eat
E kanot get better iz a bomb da iz on count down

2 Likes

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by OneCandleAway(f): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
risos:
A wee jus se d kontree an japa
Iz no produsin de kind of persun da wee defelop eat
E kanot get better iz a bomb da iz on count down

President Risos will JAPA like Afghanistan and Sri Lanka president!!

2 Likes

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2022
Block our porous Northern borders. Then anyone with more than 2kids should be castrated. cool
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Betta2moro: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
I will make sure there is constant electricity and also not take education for granted. I will ensure that we produce some of the things we import here, if wishes were horses, imagine someone like me with an account that can't boast of 1k dreaming of becoming a president, grin

1 Like

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by cocolacec(m): 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2022
1. Bring in investors to create a stable power supply.

2.Give incentives to Nigerians who will produce what we consume(full scale industrialisation).We need to be the economic power house of Africa.

3. Create a welfare policy and plan for poor Nigerians.We will start with children in the first 4 years.

4.All artisans must get licensing fees and retrained by govt specialized agencies.

5. We will create a job Centres in every local govt to match Jobs with skills,retrain and counsel Nigerians.

6.Educational centers need to be upgraded to World standards.We will create a trust funds well meaning Nigerians can donate to find community projects.

7.Youths between the ages of 18-30 years must go on compulsory one year military training.

8.Students in all institutions of learning shall be requested to come up with innovations every year.The “theme” of such innovations will vary from Year to Year.

9.Ensure security of lives and Properties.Each region shall have a forum where they meet to discuss challenges facing them and proffer possible solutions every month.

10.Divide Nigeria into 10-15 regions,where each region controls its resources,Waterways,Ports,education etc.A review of the exclusive legislative list.each region will have its own Parliament and Prime minister/Premier.

11.Decentralised civil service.
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Brainmytool: 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2022
Stop o make una stop. If you are not one of the presidential aspirants, don't answer this sicky question.

Is a questionaire to gather information which they (presidential aspirants) will use to decieve you during the upcoming campaign. If you give in, u are punishing urself. Don't they have heads, let them tell us what they will do

1 Like

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Vulturereloaded: 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2022
Even though i am a tinubu supporter, i wont lie, i would handover to Peter Obi.

Only him can make something of this country in this state.
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Academicwizman(m): 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2022

What strategy will you use to bring them in?

2.Give incentives to Nigerians who will produce what we consume(full scale industrialisation).We need to be the economic power house of Africa.

What incentives? What system will you put in place to ensure that the incentives reach those that really deserve it?

. Create a welfare policy and plan for poor Nigerians.We will start with children in the first 4 years.

What kind of welfare policy? Give concrete policy. How do you get the funds, given the high debt-to-GDP ratio?

4.All artisans must get licensing fees and retrained by govt specialized agencies.

This is clear and direct. Who will retrain them? Where will the trainers come from and how do you make your own different from several training schemes that have failed in the past. Any new and effective blueprint?

. We will create a job Centres in every local govt to match Jobs with skills,retrain and counsel Nigerians.

Job centers? Sounds interesting but what kind of jobs? Who will be the employer footing the bills if it's salaried job?

6.Educational centers need to be upgraded to World standards.We will create a trust funds well meaning Nigerians can donate to find community projects.

This is clear and very good point. However, how do you motivate the 'well-meaning Nigerians to do this"? Any strategy?

7.Youths between the ages of 18-30 years must go on compulsory one year military training.

This is clear and direct.

. in all institutions of learning shall be requested to come up with innovations every year.The “theme” of such innovations will vary from Year to Year.

Sounds interesting. What are you going to do differently from the status quo that will ensure that this is realized. I hope it is not just by mere declaration?

9.Ensure security of lives and properties.Each region shall have a forum where they meet to discuss challenges facing them and profer possible solutions every month.

How? What are you going to do differently from what is/ already being done in the area of security?
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Academicwizman(m): 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
Brainmytool:
Stop o make una stop. If you are not one of the presidential aspirants, don't answer this sicky question.

Is a questionaire to gather information which they (presidential aspirants) will use to decieve you during the upcoming campaign. If you give in, u are punishing urself. Don't they have heads, let them tell us what they will do

...and what is wrong with gathering information if a good idea can emerge from it?
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Blue3k(m): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2022
Pro market policies: off the top of my head

• no more multiple exchange rates
• deregulated industry (generally make it easier to start and do business)
• remove price controls
• no more important ban list
• land & mineral rights reform: ownership to individuals instead of federal government monopoly of ownership.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Academicwizman(m): 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
Betta2moro:
I will make sure there is constant electricity and also not take education for granted. I will ensure that we produce some of the things we import here, if wishes were horses, imagine someone like me with an account that can't boast of 1k dreaming of becoming a president, grin

How will you provide the constant power supply? Have you taken your time to study what the real problems are?

How do we produce the things that we need here? Any blueprint or alternative blueprints?

You are honest! Wishes are never horses!

1 Like

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Academicwizman(m): 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
Blue3k:
Pro market policies: off the top of my head

• no more multiple exchange rates
• deregulated industry (generally make it easier to start and do business)
• remove price controls
• no more important ban list
• land & mineral rights reform: ownership to individuals instead of federal government monopoly of ownership.

All these are good policies but how do you convince Nigerians and the Labour to bear the temporary pain that your policies will cause? I am referring to removal of price controls and deregulation.

1 Like

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Blue3k(m): 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
Academicwizman:

All these are good policies but how do you convince Nigerians and the Labour to bear the temporary pain that your policies will cause? I am referring to removal of price controls and deregulation.

I think they're a lost cause but I'll just give textbook arguements. If I deregulate that incentives producers to invest in those areas. The price will fall accordingly. Keeping the price controls causes shortages and increases your tax burden to pay subsidies. Deregulation makes it cheaper for you to do business making meaning more money in your pockets. Your state is always free to impose whatever regulation on that level.

1 Like

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by bigpicture001: 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2022
cocolacec:

3. Create a welfare policy and plan for poor Nigerians.We will start with children in the first 4 years.

5. We will create a job Centres in every local govt to match Jobs with skills,retrain and counsel Nigerians.

8.Students in all institutions of learning shall be requested to come up with innovations every year.The “theme” of such innovations will vary from Year to Year.

9.Ensure security of lives and properties.Each region shall have a forum where they meet to discuss challenges facing them and profer possible solutions every month.

U are more like it... Having a gripse of what u want to do
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Betta2moro: 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
Academicwizman:

How will you provide the constant power supply? Have you taken your time to study what the real problems are?

How do we produce the things that we need here? Any blueprint or alternative blueprints?

You are honest! Wishes are never horses!

As for the power sector, if not for corruption we won't be where we are today, solar is a good alternative, take the North with its rich sunlight for instance, it can make a difference to our power sector if our leaders really want to tap into that potential, as for production, we need an enabling environment of which constant power is one of them, FG can as well empower farmers, support indigenous products, invest in Agriculture in a large scale. Engage with belt tightening security measures, because Nigerians are stubborn, so we need a very diplomatically stubborn leader to achieve this, a case of "if you do anyhow, you see anyhow" I believe the current leaders are still handling security issues with kid's glove, when you over pamper a child, that child will one day wake you up with a hard knock on the head.
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Academicwizman(m): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
Blue3k:

I think they're a lost cause but I'll just give textbook arguements. If I deregulate that incentives producers to invest in those areas. The price will fall accordingly. Keeping the price controls causes shortages and increases your tax burden to pay subsidies. Deregulation makes it cheaper for you to do business making meaning more money in your pockets. Your state is always free to impose whatever regulation on that level.

Jonathan gave many reasons (both textbooks and practical) why deregulation was the best. We all know Nigerians' response. What are you going to do differently to make Nigerians accept the policies and the temporarily pains in good faith?
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Academicwizman(m): 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
Betta2moro:

As for the power sector, if not for corruption we won't be where we are today, solar is a good alternative, take the North with its rich sunlight for instance, it can make a difference to our power sector if our leaders really want to tap into that potential, as for production, we need an enabling environment of which constant power is one of them, FG can as well empower farmers, support indigenous products, invest in Agriculture in a large scale. Engage with belt tightening security measures, because Nigerians are stubborn, so we need a very diplomatically stubborn leader to achieve this, a case of "if you do anyhow, you see anyhow" I believe the current leaders are still handling security issues with kid's glove, when you over pamper a child, that child will one day wake you up with a hard knock on the head.

Corruption is still there. FG has come up with many programmes to empower farmers in the past which didn't solve the problem. What are you going to do in practical terms to ensure that terrorists are not treated with kid's glove?
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by seyimailbox: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
These are my thoughts on it

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by ajani2311: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
All this is 4 or 8 years?
cocolacec:

Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by bigpicture001: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2022
ajani2311:
All Nigerian forming genius will by pass this topic, the only we know is criticizing tell all of us to bring solution everybody will go mute.so easier than done, but for me I will give Nigeria stable electricity and secure live and properties, then leave for another person to come and fix what he feels is next

Very true.. let's just wait ND read opinions
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by bigpicture001: 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
dejol88:

If I am the president, I won’t have wasted money in buying cars for Niger republic.But let say I am stupid president and I must buys cars for Niger republic, I would have bought Nigeria made cars of the value used in buying Toyota.

1.4billion will help over 30 people keep there jobs

This reply is political ND trying to digress into recent happening... But the question is about unemployment which we all cry about so much
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by bigpicture001: 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
OneCandleAway:

President Risos will JAPA like Afghanistan and Sri Lanka president!!

This didn't say anything u will do oo
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by bigpicture001: 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2022
emeernest:
Block our porous Northern borders. Then anyone with more than 2kids would be castrated. cool

Hahahah.. sounds funny.. u think only illegal import cause unemployment..?
Re: If Your Are The President Of Nigeria How Exactly Will You Fight Unemployment by Betta2moro: 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2022
Academicwizman:

Corruption is still there. FG have come up with many programmed to empower farmers in the past which didn't solve the problem. What are you going to do in practical terms to ensure that terrorists are not treated with kid's glove?
I will ensure that all hands would be on deck, to achieve this, I'll let every Nigerian know that security of lives and property is not just the sole responsibility of the government, but that of all because no one enjoys sleeping with one eye closed grin
As for the terrorists... Once caught, say bye bye to your freedom forever, it is a simple stuff grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: APC, PDP & LP To Win Two Zones Each. / Sarki Used Money Donated By Obidients To Buy Car Being Used For Atiku Campaign / PETER OBI TACKLES QUESTION POORLY!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.