Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? (1720 Views)

FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku / Ope Banwo: Man Who Developed Peter Obi App Accuse Supporters Of Blackmail / Why Jakande And Tinubu Didn’t Get Along (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 7:55am On Aug 06, 2022
pineed:

As a Lagos boy let me name a few:
1. Creation of many Agencies (which employed & still employs thousands of employees):
LIRS, LSDPC, Public Works, LAWMA, LASTMA, LAMATA, much more... Other agencies were then created by then Gov Fashola e.g LASRRA, etc.

2. Development of Lagos State Public Service & Secretariat Alausa encompassing many MDAs. Employment of Technocrats to head MDAs.

3. Massive Infrastructural development: Construction of Road networks all across Lagos. I saw then Gov. Tinubu first time when he invited President Obasanjo to Lagos to commission roads in my then area, Surulere, Yaba and other parts of Lagos.

4. Building of Public facilities: Millennium Schools, Hospitals/General Hospitals, LASU projects and LASUTH, Major Markets across the state, etc.

5. Massive Housing Estates across Lagos via LSDPC.

6. Development of Lekki Ajah axis.

7. Providing IPP to Lagos State Institutions, from General Hospital Lagos Island to Secretariat Alausa

8. Focus on IGR and tax collection system. LIRS was created and very effective headed by Fowler.

9. Conceived the BRT project and constructed the dedicated BRT lane from Island to Mainland. (same pattern in Istanbul, Turkey). BRT operation started fully under Fashola.

10. Another big achievement was the conception and starting of the Lekki Free trade zone for the Port and other multi billion dollar projects on the Island.

Above all, ABAT brought in technocrats into the State Public sector as Commissioners, Heads of MDAs, which has continued till now. He recruited across tribes.. a good example was then Commissioner of Finance, now Head of Budget office, Ben Akabueze (Igbo), amongst others.

In summary, ABAT actually modernised Lagos in comparison to Gov. Lateef Jakande.

nonsense! You forgot to say " creation of you " I believe it was Tinubu that created you.
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Vote4ObiDatti: 8:33am On Aug 06, 2022
porka:
Meanwhile some governors in the north, south south and southeast built modern airports from the scratch to finish without any collaboration with the federal government or the World Bank and with far less revenue than Lagos. The airport in Lagos is still the one built by the federal government many years ago.

Many states built brand new functional universities, but LASU was built in 1982 by Alhaji Lateef Jakande. They couldn't even maintain it. At a point, more than 30 programmes in LASU failed NUC accreditation. They only recently upgraded two institutions that were built many years ago into universities. Just recently.

Since 1999, some governors with less 'IGR' have built state of the art stadia for their states. Nothing of such has been constructed in Lagos; the same state with massive 'IGR' o.

Lagos BRT lane was on existing Ikorodu road that the military built in the 1970s. They just erected embankment to demarcate two lanes from the ten lane already built by Yakubu Gowon and called it achievement. It's like someone carving out a room and decorating it in his father's house only to go and boast to his friends that he has built a house.

They added one lane each to both sides of the four lane Lekki Epe Expressway that Alhaji Lateef Jakande built in the Second Republic. The added lanes don't even cover the entire stretch that they met there, yet they tolled it. On top of that, they will still claim private property development in Lekki as part of their achievements.

Security is in collaboration with companies operating in the state, with each company contributing to security funds periodically. Public schools are 'adopted' by private entities for renovation and refurbishment. All these in a state with huge 'IGR' o.

What exactly have they done in Lagos to warrant these hype?

The light rail they started in 2008 is still under construction 14 years later, but in every four years they must bring pictures of trains in foreign countries to claim achievement. Pictures for this year's campaign are currently being photoshopped right now, you will soon see them.

The Lekki Deep Sea Port is co-owned with the federal government and a private investor.

God bless you for adding these facts too. These BATstards Tinubu raised in ignorance can only deceive themselves because no intelligent person will fall for their wicked lies.

Addis Ababa started their own light rail long after Lagos did yet they have completed it since at just a fraction of what was budgeted for Lagos own. The light rail is now another conduit pipe used in siphoning Lagos funds.

Tinubu ruled Lagos between 1999 and 2007 yet this man left no significant legacy. Instead of making life easier for Lagosians he rather choose to turn the great city into his own personal enterprise.

This man's greed has no limit. Just take a look at the list of cars, houses, allowances and other outrageous things he forced the Lagos State House of assembly to be allocating to him annually. He also owns the company that collects Lagos revenue called Alphabeta and earns 10% of whatever revenue is generated in Lagos, that means when Lagos generates 400 billion per year, this criminal takes 40 billion shocked shocked. His daughter is the Iyaloja controlling revenue generated in the large markets in Lagos. He is now the single largest owner of properties in Lagos State, just by extrajudicial acquisitions by Fiat!

If not for this evil man, Lagos would have been a lot better. Go to the mainland and see how millions of people are suffering from horrible roads, flooding, refuse, lack of Pipe borne water etc. etc. But his children are busy buying condos worth millions of dollars in America.

If Nigeria is a sane soceity, this evil man would be serving life sentence but he is here insulting our sensibilities that he wants to rule Nigeria. He is now using the same humongous loots to buy hungry people to his side.

And to think some reprobates want to compare this disgusting criminal with the legendary Lateef Jakande makes me want to vomit.
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Nigerianization(m): 9:29am On Aug 06, 2022
Philipponzaghi:
Lol when they mention Jakande, they mention some school and housing estate.

Jakande developed Lagos and yet, Lagos don’t have the below:
There was no lekki ajah ajah bridge... No banana island, no eko Atlantic, no dangote refinery, no lekki free trade zone, no brt, no brt bus terminals, no Lagos ferry transportation, igr was 600 million, no lekki sea port, no jubilee
bridge, no lagos light train, no lasu state teaching hospital ,
No lamata, lasma, neighborhood watch, no lasera just name it.

What catapulted Lagos is the economic plan of Tinubu that saw the state revenue increased over 700%. Same man brought vast investments into Lagos that successive governors are building on to give the state a workable plan.

To be fair to Pa Jakande, he used just few years as governor and yet he achieved such feat, but comparing Tinubu developmental stride with regards to wealth and economy to that of Jakande is an aberration.

Tinubu developed Lagos but there was no hospital suitable to attend to his health challenge. The revenue generator plunged Lagos into it's highest debt profile that is still rising. LAGOS STATE HAS A NEGATIVE BALANCE SHEET. Banana Island and Eko Atlantic are elitist projects that cannot generate a million job combine. BUHARI's npower had more impact that those.

BRT has not solved the transportation challenge in Lagos. You can verify that. The Lagos light rail is a wasteful project that has not made any meaningful impact. If you are into figures like I am, you will know that the project is 700 percent higher than it's counterpart in Ethiopia. The Ethiopian rail is not even light rail but standard gauge, yet cheaper and more durable than the cham in Lagos.

All the other agencies LASTMA etc are jobs for the boys. Transportation management is still chaotic in Lagos. Overall, Lagos is a hype.

Any analysis of Lagos that doesn't factor in it's position and advantage as a former federal capital is an unfair and biased one. Please tell me, WHICH GOVERNOR OF LAGOS HAVE BEEN A FAILURE?? EVEN THE AMBODE THAT WANTED TO OUTSHINE TINUBU WAS REMOVED.

CONCLUSION

Lagos state is like a WAEC special center where they write on the board for students. It is easy to pass exams in those places if you are smart. The failures of Aregbesola and Gboyega Oyetola in Osun state supports this position.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Nigerianization(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2022
Bobloco:
This is the real fact check

At least to let those Agbadorites and Jagabandits know that Lagos State existed long before The Emilokan crooner came and wreck it

The modes should please move this to the front page

Don't mind them. The foundation of Lagos was laid by the colonial masters and the advantages remained till date. Col Raji Rasaki and Buba Marwa did better jobs that Tinubu in Lagos. Even governor of Lagos is a star boy. If Tinubu was a genius as they claimed, why didn't it reflect in Osun??
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Nigerianization(m): 9:39am On Aug 06, 2022
adekolaelect:
Tinubu haters are just embarrassing themselves up and down . How was the Lagos be when Tinubu and his group of progressive take control of Lagos till now? How was oshodi and other environment was in the last 12 years? What was the Igr of Lagos compare to present? What was the % of economy courage and investment in Lagos compare to present? Even the numbers of migrators from other region to Lagos speak volume .

Lagos with all it's potentials is crumbling under heavy debt burden. That's Tinubu's legacy. The migration to Lagos started during pre Colonial Nigeria. Read the following books

Why we struck by Adewale Ademoyega and There was a Country by Chinua Achebe. You will see that there was more migration to Lagos then than now on a percentage basis. So quit spewing baseless thrash.
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 06, 2022
Sunday2021:
nonsense! You forgot to say " creation of you " I believe it was Tinubu that created you.

You requested lists of Tinubu achievements as Lagos Governor, I sent 10 lists out of numerous I could remember, now all you could respond was the above.

I thought I was responding to a mature individual. Adieu!
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2022
pineed:

You requested lists of Tinubu achievements as Lagos Governor, I sent 10 lists out of numerous I could remember, now all you could respond was the above.

I thought I was responding to a mature individual. Adieu!
you responded without prove or evidence
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Jokerman(m): 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2022
Tinubad that did not build any bridge?
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by ElSudani: 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2022
butterfly777:

Now answer this simple question with a sincere yes or no.

Those things you mentioned there, was it Tinubu who did all of them?

Dangotr refinery, BRT, BRT terminals, Lagos light rail, etc.
Was it Tinubu who did them?

You guys should not just list every good thing in Lagos and claim it was Tinubu who did them. You even mentioned Dangote's company. Habba!

You ran out of achievements to allude to your master but you want to compete with Peter Obi, a man of achievements. Smh.

This is from the Financial Times. You need to read and educate yourself.

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by butterfly777(m): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2022
ElSudani:

This is from the Financial Times. You need to read and educate yourself.

Stop evading a simple "yes or no" question with an article that does not answer the question.

Was it Tinubu only that developed Lagos?

What about Lateef Jakande, Buba Marwa and Babajide Fasola?
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by ElSudani: 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2022
butterfly777:

Stop evading a simple "yes or no" question with an article that does not answer the question.

Was it Tinubu only that developed Lagos?

What about Lateef Jakande, Buba Marwa and Babajide Fasola?

He transformed the economy of Lagos within the power and the time he had as governor. Your question sounds like something a kindergartener would ask.
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by butterfly777(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2022
ElSudani:

He transformed the economy of Lagos within the power and the time he had as governor. Your question sounds like something a kindergartener would ask.

Keep insulting instead of answering a simple question.
Does increasing tax over people mean improvement of economy?

Continue. I am looking at you.
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by ElSudani: 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2022
butterfly777:

Keep insulting instead of answering a simple question.
Does increasing tax over people mean improvement of economy?

Continue. I am looking at you.

You obviously didn't read and of the attachments, and I am absolutely not surprised.
Many of you just argue for the sake of it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February / What Exactly Did Labour Party Achieve In 2023 Election? / Obi Of Onitsha Joined Vc's Golf Course Tournament in Awka Anambra State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.