Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

INTERVIEW: The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen – Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen – Gumi (370 Views)

The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen - Gumi / My WAEC Certificate Can't Resolve Nigeria's Problem - Buhari Tells Appeal Court / BREAKING: My WAEC Certificate Can't Resolve Nigeria's Problem - Buhari Tells Cou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INTERVIEW: The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen – Gumi by Shehuyinka: 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2022
The International Centre for Investigative Reporting (The ICIR) spoke exclusively with Islamic cleric, Ahmad Gumi in Kaduna, where he spoke about the recent spate of insecurity in Nigeria, ranging from Boko haram terrorists, Abuja-Kaduna train abduction, attack on Kuje prison, recent threat video by terrorists and how he thinks the government can stem the tide of terror attacks in the country.

The ICIR: What is your comment on the now-viral video of the Kaduna-Abuja train attack terrorists torturing the kidnap victims?

Gumi: There was a lady who was pregnant and they let her go to deliver and they kept her husband trying to show that they are civilised and trying to show that they are not fighting society but fighting the government. Then they negotiated for the release of their children. We are surprised that no matter how criminal a person would be what he is concerned about is underage children. That shows that there’s something underneath their agitations. Their children were released for a number of victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr6Kqbv0xcw

Then they requested a list of other prisoners who are still under detention. There was a stalemate, and they attacked the prison because they have intelligence. They budgeted huge amount of money for every victim.

For the first set group of victims, we were able to pay their money and they were released. There was a lady from Lagos, she was able to pay her money and she was released. Then another group, they were ready to pay for their relatives but they were prevented by the security. That prevention is what provoked them to attack the male victims.

The ICIR: In the light of a threat issued against the president and the governor of Kaduna state, what do you make of it?

Gumi: I have been there meeting with bandits, trying to show them, educate them because they are not educated. Where do you want them to get their morals ? Where do you want them to get their education and direction? Who is there to tell them what to do? Nobody! They are all uneducated and the offence society has done is to leave such a number of people uneducated without education, without budgetary concern for their education, their health, what they are doing, and what they are thinking. Nobody is concerned about them. This is negligence.

So, we talked about it, and I spoke with them. We didn’t get a listening ear from the press, the government or the population. They think we are cajoling and appeasing criminals. They are more than criminals; they are fighting you.

The ICIR: If you are to justify the payment of ransom to bandits and then looking at those victims who may not be able to afford it. What do you think should be the way forward?

Gumi: The government has left the issue now for the family to raise money and pay ransom for their individuals. But I think what the government needs to do is to put the round figure for everybody to be released. Then sit down with them and tackle the issue.

The ICIR: Justifying the payment of ransom?

Gumi: Nobody is justifying the payment of ransom but do we have options? You can’t give your enemy your money, but is there any way out?

The ICIR: If there’s no way out, would you say the government and the security architecture and even the security agencies have failed?

Gumi: Let me give you an example, if you go to Oxford University now, they will be conducting a PhD examination on any subject like mass communication. Okay now in Oxford, a mass communication exam is going on. Me that I’m in Nigeria, can you tell me that I failed the exam? Am I a student? How can you say I failed the exam?

What I’m trying to say is no security outfit is designed to tackle this issue. The army is very strong. The army can destroy this town in 15 minutes. The air force can devastate Kaduna if, given the go-ahead. They have that power. The tactics, they have it. But if I give you a hammer to kill a fly in this room, you may end up destroying my furniture and your camera, and you would not get the fly because a hammer is not meant for killing flies. But if I give you a rubber flexible swat which is cheaper than a hammer, you can easily get the fly. So, the question is not the army, is not DSS. These people are isolated in an island or in a forest.

The ICIR: Who or what is the problem?

Gumi: We don’t have the outfit to deal with them. One is a socioeconomic, political issue, you deal with it largely. The army is to give you the power and backing to do it.

When I went there, they thought the government was with me. All of them came, they tried to negotiate, but when I came, and they realised that the government was not with me, they continued their ways.

The ICIR: Would you say your hanging up the negotiation is worsening the situation?

Gumi: Before, they have an iota of doubt whether there’s a genuine face that can dialogue with them but when they saw a clergyman like me who doesn’t have any interest in politics trying to convince them that this is a bad way of having hope that the government will listen to me but when the government didn’t listen to me, everybody finds his own way.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/exclusive-the-problem-buhari-has-is-that-he-doesnt-listen-gumi/

2 Shares

Re: INTERVIEW: The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen – Gumi by incandescentena: 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
Gumi said, "The army can destroy this town in 15 minutes. The air force can devastate Kaduna if, given the go-ahead. They have that power"

Buhari is the weakest President in the world

He lacks the political will to end insurgency

Buhari should not worry. The next President will end insurgency/terrorism by killing all this his bandits/terrorist kinsmen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INTERVIEW: The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen – Gumi by apache22b: 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2022
The power is in your hands, if you want to continue suffering in Nigeria vote Peter Obi.

If you want boost in our economy and Security,vote Tinubu.

Tinubu is the only Messiah we have to make things right again for us all in Nigeria.

Vote Tinubu wisely

Forget Peter Obi he's a nosie maker and that's where it all ends .

Tinubu 2023 all the Way for economic growth,peace and harmony shocked

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen – Gumi by Artiiclebeast: 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
If he listens to 10 different people and decides to take all 10 advice what would he achieve? Zilch absolutely nothing.

Not listening to anyone and going ahead to work on a select problem that needs to be fixed in Nigeria is the way to go and Buhari got this spot on.

The bitter truth is something has got to give, some sectors will have to suffer while one or more is given focused attention and get delivered.

Buhari has delivered on the electoral reform act and given the electorates the confidence and enthusiasm in participating in the electoral process going forward. It's now left for them to get aware and vote people they feel can build upon what Buhari has laid down.

Buhari is a genius to have continue to block his ears or else he would have gotten distracted and delivered on nothing and the status quo would have lingered.

This doesn't sound very pleasing to the ears I know but the truth always almost never does and it should give you an understanding of how rotten Nigeria as an entity truly is.

If Buhari cared about his public image before the media and the general public, he won't do what he did.

If Buhari had any skeletons to hide particularly in the aspect of material and asset acquisition he wouldn't have done what he did.

He would have handpicked a successor, anoint him, and use the instrument of state and power of incumbency to install his successor so as to get his behind covered. Isn't this what the case has always been until now?

Anything else, na the same usual rigmarole and running in circles and back to ground zero.

Make una leave Buhari alone.

He has done his bit.

Bring in the next man...

I doff my hats off for Buhari, he is indeed and old soja.

Resolute, focused, defiant, and knows how to mind his business.

Call him all sorts, he is head and shoulders high above them all in understanding what Nigeria needs.

Wisdom and knowledge no be by academic qualification only and he has proven it.

Me wey dey write na O'level be my highest qualification too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INTERVIEW: The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen – Gumi by Paperwhite(m): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2022
Shey Buhari still they suffer ear problem ni?
Re: INTERVIEW: The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen – Gumi by beelon1020(m): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2022
Left Ear dey pain bubu... try talk to the right ear.. he go hear you well...

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: The Problem Buhari Has Is That He Doesn’t Listen – Gumi by Scammerr(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2022
Buhari is very weak, so weak he's afraid to command the service chiefs, bastard.

(1) (Reply)

15 Deregistered Parties Back Obi / Peter Obi Quickly Trashed Out Atiku On A Live Interview On Channel And Arais Tv / Tinubu Livid.Vows To Label Seadogs As Terrorists Organisation After Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.