Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,449 members, 7,954,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:50 AM

EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) (823 Views)

US Court Sentences American To 40 Yrs For Beheading Tech CEO, Fahim Saleh / Fahim Saleh's Body Evacuated From His Home In New York (video) / Gunmen Kill Gambo Makama And His Pregnant Wife On New Year Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by neo25(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has launched a probe into the alleged racketeering by Supreme Court chief registrar Ahmed Gambo Saleh, said to have gobbled up over N10 billion in bribes from court contractors and other persons with criminal cases with the judiciary. Persons with criminal cases with the judiciary.
The probe was prompted by the tip-off from a whistleblower
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has launched a probe into the alleged racketeering by Supreme Court chief registrar Ahmed Gambo Saleh, said to have gobbled up over N10 billion in bribes from court contractors and other persons with criminal cases with the judiciary.
According to sources familiar with the matter who spoke with Peoples Gazette, the probe was prompted by the tip-off from a whistleblower who petitioned EFCC to look into the activities of Mr Saleh, accused of feeding fat on the court’s funds, leaving vital projects to suffer neglect.

Mr Saleh had been accused of conniving with Surajo Muhammad, son of the immediate past Chief Justice of Nigeria Muhammad Tanko, to embezzle public funds.

Despite lacking in qualifications and competence to handle judicial matters, Mr Muhammad (Jnr) managed affairs of the apex court and wielded his father’s position as a tool to carry out backroom deals.

“Today (June 1), Surajo could be said to be a de facto head of the SCN as his father seems to have relinquished the administration of the court to him, even when he is not a staff,” the petition noted.

Citing instances of their brazen underhand dealings, the petition said the duo sold off the residence of a Supreme Court justice without the knowledge of Mr Tanko, who was CJN at the time.

“It will interest you to know that a residence of a justice of the Supreme Court located in the villa, Abuja was sold by Gambo and Surajo recently. The underhand dealings between Gambo, Surajo and the agency so pissed the CJN that he ordered the reversal of the transaction,” added the petition with no. EFCC/PET/HQR/1817/2022, dated June 1 and seen by The Gazette.

However, the building was demolished before the situation could be remedied, rendering the justice who should have been assigned the residence homeless.

Colluding with Mr Muhammad, Mr Saleh allegedly withheld the funds meant for purchasing exotic vehicles usually assigned to newly sworn-in justices, said the petition.

“Under Gambo and Surajo’s shenanigans, they, JSC were given only a Land Cruiser, albeit refurbished. A Hilux was added after one year, and to date, the Mercedes Benz is still being awaited by the justices,” the petition further disclosed.

Eight justices sworn in since November 2020 have yet to be properly accommodated and receive the Benz even though the projects were captured in the capital budget for the 2020 fiscal year.

Mr Saleh, not a stranger to fraud allegations, was charged with diverting N2.2 billion in 2017, a matter later withdrawn by the attorney general of the federation, citing a plea bargain.

Amid the damning fraud charges hanging on Mr Saleh’s head, he got appointed as the secretary of the National Judicial Council, a body responsible for the appointment, promotion and discipline of judicial officers.

A spokesman for the NJC declined comments on the matter.

Before the withdrawal, he was charged with diverting the Supreme Court’s N2.2 billion to his personal bank account at the United Bank for Africa PLC, account number: 2027642863.

Although Mr Saleh then confessed the money belonged to him as it was a collection of cash gifted to him by friends, further investigations revealed the money was “bribes collected from various court contractors who ended up executing shoddy jobs or outright abandonment,” the petition stressed.

He was also charged with obtaining N21 million gratification from MBA Computes Ltd, N16 million from Dean Musa Nigeria Ltd, N10 million from Willysdave Limited, N2.4million gratification from Welcon Nigeria Ltd, all contractors of the Supreme Court.

The petition also claimed that the court registrar, a public servant, was worth over N10 billion. Mr Saleh did not return a request for comment on the allegations.

Also, the spokesman for the EFCC did not immediately provide updates about the investigation.

Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Snitch24(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lol
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Killerbag36: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
Na online e go end

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Humina(f): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
This will be swept under the carpet as usual evil government

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Kollins11: 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
I'm not gonna attack Gambo salah because everybody in this country are thieves. Infact if you're given the opportunity to Loot, y'all will Loot more than Abacha.

I'm not an hypocrite, I'm gonna Loot like a fool If given opportunity and there's nothing you Nigerians will do about it.

Tinubu is a thief
Athifku is a thief
Peter Obi is a thief
Buhari is a thief
I'm a thief (yahoo boy)
You reading this my comment is a thief.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Artiiclebeast: 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
Kleptomaniacs running amok.

Sadly, most of the people currently grumbling on how this corruption has eaten so deep into our national consciousness are fabric aren't doing so for the love and care of the nation at heart nor will they do any different.

Most are angry because it is yet to get to their turn to become big boys and billionaires overnight.

Nigeria matter no be one day tori abeg
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Bankright(f): 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
Back2back looting
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Faithntruth: 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
these criminals will finish Nigeria
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by crestedaguiyi: 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Another one. We truly dont have revenue crises but management crises
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by GOFRONT(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
These are the students of Tafa Baalogun........If u know, you know be dat
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by wiseoneking: 12:00am On Aug 06, 2022
Kollins11:
I'm not gonna attack Gambo salah because everybody in this country are thieves. Infact if you're given the opportunity to Loot, y'all will Loot more than Abacha.

I'm not an hypocrite, I'm gonna Loot like a fool If given opportunity and there's nothing you Nigerians will do about it.

Tinubu is a thief
Athifku is a thief
Peter Obi is a thief
Buhari is a thief
I'm a thief (yahoo boy)
You reading this my comment is a thief.

Mental illness in rampart nowadays. Pls visit Yaba left tomorrow, is free every first Saturday. But make sure you are OBidient after treatment.
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Kollins11: 1:17am On Aug 06, 2022
wiseoneking:
Mental illness in rampart nowadays. Pls visit Yaba left tomorrow, is free every first Saturday. But make sure you are OBidient after treatment.
Baba abeg no vex, if una elect me as president, I go too Loot Nigeria destiny.

If I No Loot make I die, baba I go over Loot, Infact over looting dey worry me.
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Promisesmiling(m): 3:59am On Aug 06, 2022
Make una gather all this money take appease ASUU NO!, but if na to buy Car A1.

Peter Can't wait to see the turn around your administration would bring.
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by adecz: 4:38am On Aug 06, 2022
When looking for incompetent
people who specialize in chopping government money without fear, look no further than a Fulani man. ❌❌❌

They have been brainwashed by Buhari
to believe say na dem get Nigeria, so,
any government money under them is
their own by "right of conquest"❗️❗️ grin grin

Have you ever seen a Fulani man or
Governor jailed for embezzlement❓❓
Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Godfullsam(m): 5:48am On Aug 06, 2022
Northerners are looting the country with reckless abandonment.

You hardly see them work in private establishments.

They are always in government offices, stealing money without mercy.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Supreme Court Secretary Gambo Saleh Over N10 Billion Loot (picture) by Coolsperm: 6:31am On Aug 06, 2022
And some idiots wants to still support APC and their useless Muslim Muslim ticket

(1) (Reply)

Woman Sells Three-week-old Baby For N600,000 In Ogun - PIC / See Kidnap Tactics In Five Star,aswani Road, Lagos / Wife Hits Senior Wife In The Head With Wooden Pestle Out Of Provocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.