Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Blossom - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blossom (957 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
I've toyed with the idea of having a website for a while, but since I can't afford a web developer, I searched for a place I could create a free website. I first looked to WordPress (of course) but the domain name too long, it had a bunch of random numbers. I no fit.

I messed around the internet and stumbled on another Website creating website (is this right?) and found Weebly. I left the info in my notes app until yesterday and between yesterday evening/this afternoon and evening, I was able to throw things together and design a very amateurish website. Don't blame me, tech isn't my forte.

Anyway, the link to my website is below. I've not made any posts yet but soon, I will. I'll be using this thread to announce updates to my (amateur) blog.

https://blossomwrites.weebly.com
Re: Blossom by yungbanks(m): 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2022
Looks awesome � waiting to see what you got there

1 Like

Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
yungbanks:
Looks awesome � waiting to see what you got there
thank you!
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
I made my first post!

I wondered for a long while which story idea I'd use and I really wasn't getting any but today, inspiration struck! (not really sha)

I messed around with my website and was finally able to upload my first post!!!

I'm going to be writing a fan fiction story even though I've not had any experience writing that genre. On Wattpad and major writing sites, there's a lot of fan fiction about BTS, One direction, Anime characters and a lot more, but I didn't find any about a Nigerian celebrity. So, I've decided to create mine and I'll be using Burna Boy as my muse even tho I don't exactly have a crush on him. For now, he fits the purpose I want.

I hope that you (my nairaland fam) will start this journey with me. I hope to get constructive criticisms, commendations, and advice from y'all. I'll really appreciate it <3

Thank you and God bless as you view, like, & tell me your thoughts.
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
Hello and good day guys. Turns out it's a bit preposterous to think I can post a link to a story without a loyal following and think I'll get views. Literature's anti spam bot is just going to keep banning me and deleting my links.

So, I'm trying something a bit different and which I've seen some nairaland authors do. I'll post the first maybe ten chapters here on nairaland, and then leave the rest exclusive to my site.

If there's still no one interested in the story after that time, I'll rest.
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
I now believe in the concept of platonic soulmates.
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
My ish with making decisions is how much is on the line. If I choose option A, this happens; and if I choose option B, yet another thing happens. How am I sure which is the right one? or which would have been best?

The way it seems as if everything is on the line, the way scenarios change with just one simple decision is an overwhelming thought for me.
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2022
Old women + their ugly, functional bags.
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2022
Little baby shoes are so un-useful that the only way I can justify their use is by calling them a second sock for babies.

Want a second sock for your baby? Buy a cute baby shoe.
Re: Blossom by silverlinen(m): 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:
Little baby shoes are so un-useful that the only way I can justify their use is by calling them a second sock for babies.

Want a second sock for your baby? Buy a cute baby shoe.
How much did it cost you to get a website from weebly?
Really need you to tell me your experience with them ma'am.
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2022
silverlinen:

How much did it cost you to get a website from weebly?
Really need you to tell me your experience with them ma'am.
I didn't explore much of Weebly mostly because I was frustrated. In my view, it was hard to navigate. The website was free tho, although I'm sure you can get a custom domain like silverlinen.com instead of silverlinen.weebly.com for a fee.

I wouldn't recommend Weebly but I'm not very tech savvy with the mechanics of a website so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

If you want to try Weebly out, I advice you go ahead. Las las, if you don't like the site, you can delete it like I did to mine.
Re: Blossom by silverlinen(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

I didn't explore much of Weebly mostly because I was frustrated. In my view, it was hard to navigate. The website was free tho, although I'm sure you can get a custom domain like silverlinen.com instead of silverlinen.weebly.com for a fee.

I wouldn't recommend Weebly but I'm not very tech savvy with the mechanics of a website so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

If you want to try Weebly out, I advice you go ahead. Las las, if you don't like the site, you can delete it like I did to mine.
Thank you so much
Will keep this in mind
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
silverlinen:

Thank you so much
Will keep this in mind
you're welcome bro
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2022
Today I feel like a tightly curled mass of brown. For most of the day, I felt like there was a tightening inside me and I needed to let something (water maybe?) flow through me and unwound the tight knots in my self.

Today, I feel no swirls of bright and grey colours. Today, I feel brown.
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 10:23am On Oct 11, 2022
I've heard about this Amazon KDP thing like a gazillion times now, and I'm beginning to wonder, is it really worth it?
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 10:25am On Oct 11, 2022
I've always been terrified at the prospect of business but I've become more open to the concept of business since I want to make money.

But still, is it really so easy?

Do I just publish a book and boom! I get buyers who pay me in dollars?
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 10:26am On Oct 11, 2022
Will I just be wasting my time on yet another venture if I decide to learn more about it?

Y'all that are actually learning about it should be honest with us abeg. How e dey really be?
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 10:29am On Oct 11, 2022
If you are in the process of learning about Amazon KDP, even if you've just been learning about it for a few days, please tell me about it.

Open a thread and talk us through the motions. You don't have to teach us since I'm sure you might want to sell your knowledge later. Just clear the mist of doubt around it abeg.
Re: Blossom by Blossompowerpuf: 10:30am On Oct 11, 2022
Please leave a comment if you know something about Amazon KDP

(1) (Reply)

Dear Katie Hopkins / A Creative Youth Network. Any Ideas? / Nnedim Wins Soyinka's Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.