Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi (2084 Views)

Prominent PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi, Defects To Labour Party / I’ll Teach You How To Defeat Tinubu In Lagos, Saraki Tells Lagos PDP / Omoba Niyi Aborishade Shot Dead In Lagos (PDP Chairman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by MANDIPUTIN: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
A Peoples Democratic Party stalwart in Lagos State, Babatunde Gbadamosi, on Friday, defected to the Labour Party, declaring support for its presidential candidate, Peter Obi.

Gbadamosi, a former governorship candidate of the African Democratic Party and a former Lagos East Senatorial Candidate of the PDP, made this known in a statement in Lagos.

“I had completely lost hope, especially in the youths of Nigeria, considering how the senatorial bye-elections panned out, after the traumatic events of the #EndSARS.

“However, the exit of Peter Obi from the PDP and his subsequent emergence as the Presidential candidate of the LP, and his brilliant choice of Mallam Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed as running mate have rekindled my hope.

“I am 54 years old, and never in my life have I been privileged to witness the kind of energy, vim, vigor, unity and tenacity of purpose being exhibited by youths of all ethnicities and religious backgrounds in Nigeria over a political candidate..

“I hereby publicly declare my resignation from the PDP and wish all the remaining members well.

“By the same token, I also hereby publicly declare my support for the Labour Party and its presidential candidate, Mr Peter Obi,” Gbadamosi said.

He recounted how he joined the PDP in Ikorodu in 2008 and remained a loyal member of the party, contributing whatever he could to the growth and development of the party in Lagos state and throughout Nigeria, until he took early retirement from partisan politics in 2017.

“I came to recognise that the problems of PDP run quite deep, and their tepid opposition is in fact by the design of some individuals populating the party leadership from top to bottom,” he said.

He said that he was motivated that almost all youths, who were not professional politicians or influencers-for-hire, had been popularising Obi’s presidential ambition.

He said that Obi had over the years, shown himself to be a creative, prudent and frugal administrator as well as a trustworthy custodian of public funds.

Gbadamosi also described the LP vice presidential candidate, as urbane, prudent, practical and principled politician.

He said: “These two share a passion for education and knowledge, with Obi’s documented exploits in the education sector as governor of Anambra and Baba-Ahmed’s direct investment in education as Pro-Chancellor of the highly respected Baze University, Abuja.

“Both share a disdain for graft and believe in exterminating contract padding.

“I find myself left with no choice, when faced with the alternatives, but to publicly throw in my lot with these two fine gentlemen, especially considering that another good Uncle of mine, Dr Doyin Okupe is one of the navigators of their journey and had invited me very much earlier.”

https://punchng.com/lagos-pdp-chieftain-declares-support-for-peter-obi/?amp

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
No sane Yoruba man will support Tinubu APC after the role Tinubu played in the massacre of innocent Endsars protesters at Lekki toll gate

May Tinubu never know peace

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by AntonVince: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
Welcome patriot.
By the end of 2022, any youth still rooting for Tinubu/APC may have to be subjected to a compulsory cranium check.

17 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by OnyeAshuaUru: 8:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Vulturereloaded: 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
Though i am supporting Tinubu, but i see the hand of God on this Peter Obi.

Could he be the chosen one? Fingers crossed.

And since we have nothing to campaign with as APC, let me just use Peter Obis pictures.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
OnyeAshuaUru:
Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria
No doubt about that

11 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by WibusJaga: 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
Jokes apart why should any sane person support a sick old pampers-wearing bat to shoulder the huge problems of this country?
Someone that will turn Aso Rock into an Old People's Retirement Home & spend half of his tenure abroad on foreign Medical Tourism.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by SmellyNyash: 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
Obi is a goal

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Penguin2: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
BATstards still think Peter Obi is only on Social media grin

Make I call Obioma to sow me Asoebi for Obi’s swearing in joor.

15 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Sammy07: 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lols, Norms pdp will come 3rd in Lagos presidential of course

While 2nd in the Governorship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Let me tag lalasticlala
Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Akurakambe(m): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Peter Obi tsunami is coming

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by PandoraObi: 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
ok
Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by labelle123(f): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Though i am supporting Tinubu, but i see the hand of God on this Peter Obi.

Could he be the chosen one? Fingers crossed.

And since we have nothing to campaign with as APC, let me just use Peter Obis pictures.
. Obi-Datti

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
The difference is clear. APC is now printing money as an economic policy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by beelon1020(m): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
Fake news.. this obistingy people are very desperate... dreamers from the south south.... una no want referendum again?... oh na presidency una want now... confused set of people..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by GodsOwnMan: 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
Atiku is in trouble in the South. If Atiku does not go and beg Obi to step down, Tinubu is the incoming president of the federal Republic. Mark this down. cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by GodsOwnMan: 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
No sane Igbo man will support Pandora Criminal Obi after the role Pandora played in the massacre of innocent Akwuzu River Victims in Anambra state.May Peter Obi never know peace

Amen o! my brother. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2022
Penguin2:
BATstards still think Peter Obi is only on Social media grin

Make I call Obioma to sow me Asoebi for Obi’s swearing in joor.

Lagosians are prepared for Labour Party, LP is the beautiful bride, many PDP members are decamping watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_rkJBRRbTo

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Yoast: 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2022

2023 Elections: 8 Powerful Reasons To Vote for Peter Obi

2023 presidential election is fast approaching. It presents you and I another opportunity to get right at topmost political echelon of the country.

Many, including the late legendary writer Chinua Achebe, have narrowed down the problem with Nigeria to bad leadership.

Renowned leadership expert, John C. Maxwell, said it best: “Everything rises and falls on leadership.”

Nigeria has travelled for too long on the wrong path leading to unprecedented nationwide suffering in the land. A suffering that is no respecter of tribe or religion.

Therefore, it is in our collective best interest to get it right this time around.

It is against this background that, after considering the pros and cons of the 3 leading presidential candidates, I decided to share with you my compatriots a few strong reasons why Mr Peter Obi is right man for the job.

1. Peter Obi is averse to waste

At the root of the poor infrastructural development all over Nigeria is criminal wastefulness, corruption and inflated contracts. Road or rail projects that can be done with N2 billion are inflated to N20 billion. The consequences of this is that projects go on forever and funds that would have been used to do 4 or 5 projects are spent on just 1 project.

A very good example is the Lagos light rail project. It was conceptualised by Jakande in the early 80s but still remains uncompleted till date, even after 23 years of APC/Tinubu unbroken stranglehold of Lagos State.

2. The people's president

Of the 3 main candidates, only Peter Obi is banking on the power of the people to get elected. Tinubu and Atiku are relying/relied heavily on the support of the delegates (bought with dollars), governors, senators, house of representatives and other structures of their political party to get elected.

The consequences of this is clear. If Peter Obi is elected, naturally he will take decisions that will benefit the overwhelming majority of Nigerians who voted him to power.

Unlike the other candidates who if elected will spend reasonable public funds and time to reward the structures that got them elected.

3. A visionary president

In 2023, we need a president who, while catering for the current generation and solving the myriads of the current problems, also plans for the future, our children and the unborn generation.

A president who realises that Nigeria will still be existing in 100 and 200 years to come and sets aside some funds for the future and unborn generations.

That is what Peter Obi represents, as he demonstrated in Anambra by saving some money for the future.

We do not need people who believe we should consume everything today and let the future take care of itself.

4. He is young, vibrant and energetic

With the plethora of problems plagueing Nigeria currently, we need a president that is relatively young, energetic and vibrant.

A president that has the physical and mental capacity to supervise the effective implementation of his programs and policies across all sectors simultaneously across the country.

A president with hands on approach on all the issues.

That is what Peter Obi represents.

5. A courageous president

We need a president who has the courage to take and implement critical decisions that can move Nigeria forward.

Peter Obi demonstrated great courage when he opted to be impeached as Anambra governor rather than deploy public funds to pacify the greedy lawmakers. It takes courage and conviction to take such risky personal political decision because the impeachment court case could have gone either way.

6. His message is clear and concise

His campaign message in all the media interviews has centred around reducing waste and moving Nigeria from consumption to production. This is very clear message that tackles the root cause of many of the problems bedevilling Nigeria today.

7. A president that communicates to Nigerians
So far, of the 3 main candidates, only Peter Obi has granted to several live TV interviews. It shows he is a believer in the power of communication. He believes you and I have the right to know.

Atiku only managed to grant a recorded interview while Tinubu has not granted any at all.

This time around, we need a president that has the confidence to speak to Nigerians directly about his policies and challenges if any. Enough of deaf and dumb Presidents, hijacked by cabals in Aso Villa.

8. A listening president

As governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi was always visiting schools, hospitals, etc to hear and feel the challenges. At some point, he gave his phone number to the school prefects to get direct feedbacks. This demonstrates that Peter Obi will be a listening president.

We don't need a president that will be hijacked by the Aso Rock cabal and only brought out once in 6 months to show proof of life.

In conclusion, 2023 presents another opportunity for you and I to choose a leader that will serve Nigeria and Nigerians in the next 4 to 8 years. For me, it is a very easy decision.

My choice is Peter Obi/ Ahmed Yusuf

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by GodsOwnMan: 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Though i am supporting Tinubu, but i see the hand of God on this Peter Obi.Could he be the chosen one? Fingers crossed. And since we have nothing to campaign with as APC, let me just use Peter Obis pictures.

Omo eboe you are a fraud. I have exposed you. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Vote4ObiDatti: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
All I see are structures falling into place everywhere. The real progressives fighting to save Nigeria from total collapse are joining forces with Obi while the evil ones are still with BAT because of the enormous loot in his possession.

May Nigeria happen to all BATstards since they don't want to have sense.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Abdu81: 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
Atiku is in trouble in the South. If Atiku does not go and beg Obi to step down, Tinubu is the incoming president of the federal Republic. Mark this down. cheesy
Atiku have strong hold in the north please remind me tinubu's strong hold once more.
Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by GodsOwnMan: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Abdu81:
Atiku have strong hold in the north please remind me tinubu's strong hold once more.

APC still controls the majority votes in the North. It will even be hard for Atiku to get draw with Tinubu in the North let alone win it outright. If Tinubu wins SW and even draws the North, it is over for Atiku if Obi takes East and SS. If Atiku cannot outtrightly defeat Tinubu in the North then he has to hope to hang on to his 2019 votes in the SS and SE. Otherwise, Atiku is finished. This is why he has to do everything possible to stop Obi or beg him to step down. Mark this down.
Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Vote4ObiDatti: 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

The joke is actually on you because Atiku already knows he won't get much votes from South so he is now focusing on North which makes things extremely worse for Bat. By the time Atiku completely wrestles North from APC as he is currently doing, Tinubu will now become a full Bat because he won't have any base again whether North or South.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by GodsOwnMan: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2022
Vote4ObiDatti:
The joke is actually on you because Atiku already knows he won't get much votes from South so he is now focusing on North which makes things extremely worse for Bat. By the time Atiku completely wrestles North from APC as he is currently doing, Tinubu will now become a full Bat because he won't have any base again whether North or South.

You are a political novice. APC still controls MOST of the North votes. It is even difficult for Atiku to play draw with Tinubu in the North at the moment. The ONLY way Atiku wins with a North draw is if he maintains his 2019 SS and SE votes. I have crunched the number several times. Atiku has to find a way to beg Obi to step down because even if Obi takes 20% of Atiku's 2019 SS/SE votes, Atiku is finished. Screenshot this for your records. February is not far. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Abdu81: 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

APC still controls the majority votes in the North. It will even be hard for Atiku to get draw with Tinubu in the North let alone win it outright. If Tinubu wins SW and even draws the North, it is over for Atiku if Obi takes East and SS. If Atiku cannot outtrightly defeat Tinubu in the North then he has to hope to hang on to his 2019 votes in the SS and SE. Otherwise, Atiku is finished. This is why he has to do everything possible to stop Obi or beg him to step down. Mark this down.

By mentioning APC as a party you are loosing more votes, which control are you talking about, is about the candidates forget party.
The few votes that tinubu will get in the core north is because of shettima, maybe borno and kebbi.

You can't win presidency without wining your zone, that is the situation that tinubu faces in 2023.
He might get up to 50% in the south west.
South south 8%, south east 3%.
all the christians votes have just vanished totally for tinubu, the youths are 100% against tinubu,the elites, all APC primary election contestants are all against tinubu.
Is simply impossible for tinubu go through.
The Muslim Muslim destroyed is ambition.
And he is very much aware of this.
Nigeria is 50/50 christians/Muslims
How can you go into a general elections with 50% of your potential votes lost.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by GodsOwnMan: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
Abdu81:

Your arguments are based on emotions not facts. Tinubu will get at least 65% SW votes. Mark this down.

Muslim-Muslim ticket will not affect Tinubu negatively in the SW or North. In fact, it will strengthen his hold in the North. He will still do better than Buhari did in the SE and SS.

Go and crunch the numbers. And see for yourself. The ONLY way Atiku wins is IF Obi underperfroms in the SS and SE; and Atiku wrestles the current APC strongholds away from APC (This is very difficult to do. This is why Atiku has been trying to liase secretly with Kwankwaso to edge Kano). If any of these two conditions are not met, Tinubu is the incoming C-IN-C. Mark this down.
Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by colorsofrainbow: 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
so Tinubu is winning North grin grin
I admire your self-deceit grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by CrownOfClay724: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
Gbadamosi is a fine gentle man.

He's on the right track here.
Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Abdu81: 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

Your arguments are based on emotions not facts. Tinubu will get at least 65% SW votes. Mark this down.

Muslim-Muslim ticket will not affect Tinubu negatively in the SW or North. In fact, it will strengthen his hold in the North. He will still do better than Buhari did in the SE and SS.

Go and crunch the numbers. And see for yourself. The ONLY way Atiku wins is IF Obi underperfroms in the SS and SE; and Atiku wrestles the current APC strongholds away from APC (This is very difficult to do. This is why Atiku has been trying to liase secretly with Kwankwaso to edge Kano). If any of these two conditions are not met, Tinubu is the incoming C-IN-C. Mark this down.
A candidate who is sure of 3 political zones , ss, SE, NC ,with the backing of youths and the christians will not win but tinubu who is not even sure of his zone will.

Thank you
If tinubu wins Lagos in 2023 it is a miracle.
Mark these words.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Chieftain Declares Support For Peter Obi by Penguin2: 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2022
post=115421318:

Lagosians are prepared for Labour Party, LP is the beautiful bride, many PDP members are decamping watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_rkJBRRbTo

The next thing the Obi campaign needs to work on is how to stop Tinubu’s thugs from disrupting elections in places they think Obi will garner votes.

It should be a matter of urgency.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Are Really Afraid Of Peter Obi!! Check Out Their Latest Campaign Strategy / APC Shut Down Etche Local Government , Rivers State / Breaking News: Seun Osewa Takes Down Anti-obi Ad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.