Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Stubborn Tenant - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Stubborn Tenant (368 Views)

Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! / How Do I Evict This Stubborn Tenant? / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stubborn Tenant by paulos8: 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
A tenant who lives in our compound was given 3 month notice to quit served by our lawyer, cos he actually pays 6 month rent. Now the period given elapsed on 31st July. Then the lawyer drafted a 7 days possession recovering notice which will expire on 8th of this month. He doesn't want to leave the compound and boasting that let the lawyer come. My dad is really not fine and I will be representing him in court on that said date , the lawyer said something about getting a warrant to eject him on that day. Really want to know if we are on course as we don't want any error and how quick will it be. I'm in delta. Pls anyone with such experience before??
Re: Stubborn Tenant by Chnbanc: 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
I just dropped out of space.
Am not here to book space
Rather I occupy space.
Re: Stubborn Tenant by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
Tell us the full story. Remember your dad was once a tenant. Don't come a bore us with stubborn tenant. And you yourself what are you still doing in your father's house? Are you not married ? You want to enter the flat the tenant is to be evicted from. Tell us the full story before we can chip in something and advice for you. How e take happen, don't cover up anything. It's from there we will know if the tenant is stubborn or not. Nigeria is not friendly now and you people want to make someone homeless. Think na, haba

1 Like

Re: Stubborn Tenant by paulos8: 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
godfrey02:
Tell us the full story. Remember your dad was once a tenant. Don't come a bore us with stubborn tenant. And you yourself what are you still doing in your father's house? Are you not married ? You want to enter the flat the tenant is to be evicted from. Tell us the full story before we can chip in something and advice for you. How e take happen, don't cover up anything. It's from there we will know if the tenant is stubborn or not. Nigeria is not friendly now and you people want to make someone homeless. Think na, haba
I didn't want to bore anyone with lengthy stories. To answer your questions , No I'm not married, na ASUU strike put all of us for house. The man has been threatening to beat my mother(you can imagine that?) because of disagreement she had with his wife. With quarreling and all that, so we thought it's best they leave since it became obvious we could no longer live peacefully in one compound. He has threatened to slap my mother multiple times. We can't take that na U self check am.
Re: Stubborn Tenant by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
paulos8:

I didn't want to bore anyone with lengthy stories. To answer your questions , No I'm not married, na ASUU strike put all of us for house. The man has been threatening to beat my mother(you can imagine that?) because of disagreement she had with his wife. With quarreling and all that, so we thought it's best they leave since it became obvious we could no longer live peacefully in one compound. He has threatened to slap my mother multiple times. We can't take that na U self check am.

To help you out, threaten to beat and slap your mum because of disagreement he had with his wife. And your parents tried to interven and settle the issue but it didn't go out well. I can tell your dad is not putting mouth in this case and it's your mum who summoned the lawyer and ask him to give him that notice. Right or wrong. I am not in support of whatever disagreement he has with his wife, but the disagreement is based on money, or infedility, but most importantly money. Right or wrong. And your mum tried to calm things down but it didn't go well. It's fine he is still your tenant ok and you people owns the house. Your solution is this, since he has refused to listen to your mum in settling the matter amicably and he is now threatening your mum, you people should not use force. Remember this "the heart of man is wicked and he can do the unimaginable, laslas na prison, but come to think of it, who will lose? If blood spill is involve. As for the lawyer, he has not done is role well as an elder statesman, he should have called him, talk to him as man to man. I can tell you here that the lawyer is just interested in his own share of what he will gain from the matter ( money). Use your sense. Don't fight him, don't make the house unbearable for him because he can do what you will not even think of and abscond away. I tell you oh. Lastly, if you know any of his elderly relation or the woman's (wife ) relation, relate the matter to them( he dey beat he wife oh, them dey always querel, he nor dey give am money to cook , he is a drunk, this and that) that person will advice him especially the person he respect the most but this should be done secretly by your mum. No matter how stubborn a man is, he must listen to one person. Or is he oweing and not paying you guy... This is just my own tip for the matter
Re: Stubborn Tenant by paulos8: 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
godfrey02:

To help you out, threaten to beat and slap your mum because of disagreement he had with his wife. And your parents tried to interven and settle the issue but it didn't go out well. I can tell your dad is not putting mouth in this case and it's your mum who summoned the lawyer and ask him to give him that notice. Right or wrong. I am not in support of whatever disagreement he has with his wife, but the disagreement is based on money, or infedility, but most importantly money. Right or wrong. And your mum tried to calm things down but it didn't go well. It's fine he is still your tenant ok and you people owns the house. Your solution is this, since he has refused to listen to your mum in settling the matter amicably and he is now threatening your mum, you people should not use force. Remember this "the heart of man is wicked and he can do the unimaginable, laslas na prison, but come to think of it, who will lose? If blood spill is involve. As for the lawyer, he has not done is role well as an elder statesman, he should have called him, talk to him as man to man. I can tell you here that the lawyer is just interested in his own share of what he will gain from the matter ( money). Use your sense. Don't fight him, don't make the house unbearable for him because he can do what you will not even think of and abscond away. I tell you oh. Lastly, if you know any of his elderly relation or the woman's (wife ) relation, relate the matter to them( he dey beat he wife oh, them dey always querel, he nor dey give am money to cook , he is a drunk, this and that) that person will advice him especially the person he respect the most but this should be done secretly by your mum. No matter how stubborn a man is, he must listen to one person. Or is he oweing and not paying you guy... This is just my own tip for the matter
Everything you said is wrong. It's my Dad that summoned the lawyer. And it's not money issue. We no longer want him as a tenant. All of us.
Re: Stubborn Tenant by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 06, 2022
paulos8:

Everything you said is wrong. It's my Dad that summoned the lawyer. And it's not money issue. We no longer want him as a tenant. All of us.

Okk na.. make una do waitin dey una mind

(1) (Reply)

Nigerflex Tiles / How Safe And Cost Is Wire Fencing? / Now Selling! 3bedroom Bungalow @Awoyaya. ₦32M. Eunice 2348029562694

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.