Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Checkout My Portfolio And Nairaland Clone. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Checkout My Portfolio And Nairaland Clone. (297 Views)

check my portfolio and contact me For your Web Development project / Nairaland Clone Script / An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout My Portfolio And Nairaland Clone. by Snotat: 7:42am On Aug 06, 2022
After realizing I needed UI skills, I took some course, I think I know the basics, tell me what you feel about my portfolio redesigned.

I also built a Nairaland clone, though I'm still working on it, it's like 30% backend, built with node( express), front end is pure react, I scrapped data from the Nairaland frontpage and some other pages like the front pages content, I hope they won't block it but the section/topic pages are from newsapi api's.

Judge my portfolio, snotat.com

Nairaland clone, nairaland-clone.netlify.app.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Checkout My Portfolio And Nairaland Clone. by Snotat: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2022
Stephen0mozzy , glaber, julybaba, cocoduck, silento
Re: Checkout My Portfolio And Nairaland Clone. by MuslimIgbo: 7:51am On Aug 06, 2022
Snotat:
After realizing I needed UI skills, I took some course, I think I know the basics, tell me what you feel about my portfolio redesigned.

I also built a Nairaland clone, though I'm still working on it, it's like 30% backend, built with node( express), front end is pure react, I scrapped data from the Nairaland frontpage and some other pages like the front pages content, I hope they won't block it but the section/topic pages are from newsapi api's.

Thanks
Good
Are you in Lagos?
Re: Checkout My Portfolio And Nairaland Clone. by Snotat: 9:16am On Aug 06, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Good
Are you in Lagos?
No
Re: Checkout My Portfolio And Nairaland Clone. by julybaba(m): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2022
Snotat:

Thanks

Good morning.
First, let me review your portfolio (snotat . com)

1. The front page design is eye catching. Kudos

2. Integrate Recaptcha on the contact page (snotat . com/contact) to prevent spam entries.

3. The text colour (white) is currently conflicting with the background image. You can change it to black or change the background image so the text can be better readable.

Second, let me review your nairaland clone.

1. You show a good data scrapping effort.
2. If you plan to make the clone a formidable project, you need to work on the UI.
You can look at the possibility of using bootstrap to argument the frontend & backend designs.

Nice effort.
Re: Checkout My Portfolio And Nairaland Clone. by Snotat: 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2022
julybaba:

Good morning.
First, let me review your portfolio (snotat . com)

1. The front page design is eye catching. Kudos

2. Integrate Recaptcha on the contact page (snotat . com/contact) to prevent spam entries.

3. The text colour (white) is currently conflicting with the background image. You can change it to black or change the background image so the text can be better readable.

Second, let me review your nairaland clone.

1. You show a good data scrapping effort.
2. If you plan to make the clone a formidable project, you need to work on the UI.
You can look at the possibility of using bootstrap to argument the frontend & backend designs.

Nice effort.
Thanks, I will work on it. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Are There Any Alternative Ways To Withdraw Money From Domiciliary Account? / Web Design / I Need Atleast 6 Months Old Reddit Account That Can Send Messages,i'm Going To W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.