Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal (6424 Views)

Troops Hit Boko Haram Fighters Preparing Meal, Advance To Sambisa [PHOTOS] / 9 Chadian Soldiers Confirmed Dead After Fight With Boko Haram In Borno / Man Sets Six People Ablaze For Smoking Indian Hemp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2011
buzugee:

ndigbo kwenuuuu yaaaa. it have come to my understanding that you are to be talking bad about my chopulating of akpu. angry

better stop eating it so you don't deform yourself.can't you see how irregular their shape is ? Yam leg and shapeless muscles :me i don talk my own o !
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by buzugee(m): 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

better stop eating it so you don't deform yourself.can't you see how irregular their shape is ? Yam leg and shapeless muscles :me i don talk my own o !
grin grin grin grin grin you know say my fellow ndigbo brothers can trace ya IP address and from there ya real address ? make pesin no come machete you for house when you dey chop ewedu and amala ooo. me i done talkmy own sha grin grin
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by oludashmi(f): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2011
philip0906:

your nuts must be loose. . .2 tribalistic threads in the space of just minutes and u r yarning balls undecided

You must be seeing things with a polluted mind! angry
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by ganiyudan(m): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2011
Radioactive eba in Imo state?i will only eat rice when i get to Imo or maybe the garri is affected by the lasser virus  cry cry cry cry
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by phreakabit(m): 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2011
Too bad. . . . If only this evil fate befell those ritualist caught in Ogun state recently.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by haboosa(m): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2011
buzugee:

raw cassava reacts with stomach acid to form cyanide. cyanide is a poison that kills
the actual thing that causes the formation of cyanide is the cyanogenic glucosides which is minimal in sweet cassava but very much in bitter cassava check the link below to learn more about wat cassava can do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassava  cassava can actually kills even as fast as 2hrs after consumption. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2011
It's worrisome that ethnicity is taking over important topic on nairaland. We are talking about lost lives here. Please all tribalist stop all these nonsense
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by 2mch(m): 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2011
RIP, this is poison from garri that is not well processed. I think Nigeria should look into restricting the making of our traditional staples to companies or industries that can be traced if this type of thing should happen. Right now, any individual can take up garri processing and sell. sad.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by 3kay945(m): 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2011
It must have a cause, i hope the police wil unravel this, It so SAd
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by ikoha: 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2011
my condolence goes to the family, and i pray that God Almighty will give the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
may God also give the police the wisdom, courage, and the strength to carry out a proper investigation into the circumstances surrounding their demise to avert such a myserious death in the  future.

Nigeria, Good people, Great nation.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by odomanis: 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2011
You guys should try and be human. Show some sympathy for the concerned family instead of making mockery of their situation. Must we always be tribal in every post. Why cant we use this kind of media to promote unity instead of sowing seeds of discord. May God help us.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by mikkymoi(m): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2011
From today no more EBA!!!!
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Solozzo(m): 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2011
Nairalanders pls use words that heal not wound. Show some intellect in your posts.

Why did the police arrest the landlord and his son without ordering a postmortem and testing the food eaten by the deceased? Our police force is a disservice to the nation
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by olawalebabs(m): 5:32pm On Aug 03, 2011
Eba is not the issue, there is more to the eba than the physical one we are seeing
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by oludashmi(f): 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2011
I would have said the cassava was not well processed but they cant be the only one who bought the garri in the market . . .then something went wrong in the meal/soup.
If the maid was alive, she would have been the suspect but she also died.

My only concern is why detain the landlord and his son?
Were they the ones who made the food or is it an error for a landlord to live in his house again? Meanwhile, they dont even share apartments. angry
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by nikky5(m): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2011
I was almost in tears.I pray that God will that man the fortitude to bear the loss.I can feel his pains just I have just lost my wife.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Skii(m): 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2011
May the Lord continue to have mercy on those of us still alive, Amen!
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by hazureal(f): 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2011
May their souls rest in peace. Amen.
Asides taking samples of d eba they ate, i hope the police also took samples of whatever they drank with the food, maybe water etc.
Hmmm, it is well.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Agnesqueen(f): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2011
So sad for the surviving family members. I learn something new everyday, did not know that cassava was poisonous, wow who would have thought that our staple crop could kill us too.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2011
buzugee:

grin grin grin grin grin you know say my fellow ndigbo brothers can trace ya IP address and from there ya real address ? make pesin no come machete you for house when you dey chop ewedu and amala ooo. me i done talkmy own sha grin grin

Ibo trace me ? Anyways i'm not scared of anybody not all these nl noise-makers and that is even if they will see me.
ganiyudan:

Radioactive eba in Imo state?i will only eat rice when i get to Imo or maybe the garri is affected by the[b] lasser virus [/b] cry cry cry cry

ROFLMAO. . .which one be radioactive eba ? This guy no go kill me o.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by chidyke77(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ibo trace me ? Anyways i'm not scared of anybody not all these nl noise-makers and that is even if they will see me.
ROFLMAO. . .which one be radioactive eba ? This guy no go kill me o.
u are one of the most stup!d fool here.
~Bluetooth:

that toxin must be from excessive akpu in their bloodstream.iboman favourite. grin
u must be a very wicked soul frm the way u always talk,i never seen a meaninful post frm u and tribalism is ur disease.
@op i knw the man hmself and ths was a great tragedy for hm bt i thank God that he stil hv three of hs children alive. I heard frm the right source that the two surviving daughters where planning to travel home b4 that fateful nite bt were prevented by their father who ask them to wait for hm till the wkend so that they wl travel together.
May the dead rest in peace.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by coogar: 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2011
redsun:

D igbos have always eaten fermented raw cassava called abacha.it is not poisonous

don't be ignorant.
cassava contains cyanide and if not processed well is more potent than a cobra's venom.
if the whole nigeria eats from the cassava, everyone would die.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2011
U bunch must be talking of some kind of cassava i don't know. D process of cassava has always been simple and straight 4wrd
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2011
Chidyke don't mind blutooth,he is a dead man walking,from his views u can easily know he is dead
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by coogar: 9:44pm On Aug 03, 2011
redsun:

U bunch must be talking of some kind of cassava i don't know. D process of cassava has always been simple and straight 4wrd

Ironically, one of the plant’s chemicals that make it so hardy also poisons humans [/b]if care is not taken before consuming it.
[b]The problem with cassava is that the leaves and roots of the plants contain linamarin which when consumed can cause the production of cyanide in the body if the plants are not processed correctly
. This is more of a problem when there is a famine and the plants are not cleaned, dried, boiled or baked properly in the rush to get this food source to starving people. The plant should not be eaten raw. Another issue contributing to the improper processing is the short shelf-life of the plant. The plant must be processed quickly.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 03, 2011
redsun:

Chidyke don't mind blutooth,he is a dead man walking,from his views u can easily know he is dead

You can say that again ? Where is your cemetary so i can come pay you a visit since it takes one deadman to know another !
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 9:54pm On Aug 03, 2011
Blutooth d word that comes out of u are d words of somebody that has turn his back against d world,negatives
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2011
Cougar i would like u to find out a little bit about d igbo delicacy called abacha,made of fermented raw cassava.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
Just do it for d sake of widening your knowledge
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by coogar: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2011
redsun:

Cougar i would like u to find out a little bit about d igbo delicacy called abacha,made of fermented raw cassava.

made of cleaned fermented raw cassava.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2011
Of course cleaned
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by coogar: 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2011
redsun:

Of course cleaned

so you should never argue that cassava can kill. it depends on how it's prepared!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. / INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria / 2019: Presidency Moves To Cut Tinubu To Size (PICTURE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.