Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal (6426 Views)

Troops Hit Boko Haram Fighters Preparing Meal, Advance To Sambisa [PHOTOS] / 9 Chadian Soldiers Confirmed Dead After Fight With Boko Haram In Borno / Man Sets Six People Ablaze For Smoking Indian Hemp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2011
I never argued cassava can't kill.A poisoned cassava like i earlier stated can kill of course
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2011
redsun:

Blutooth d word that comes out of u are d words of somebody that has turn his back against d world,negatives

See hypocrisy .were you positive when you called me a deadman ?
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2011
i called u a dead man because u exude dead,u seems to hate for no bvious reasons
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by tpia5: 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2011
Bluetooth

are you seriously saying you dont know raw cassava is poisonous?

I thought these things were taught in school or something or am i mistaken.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2011
come to think of it,fufu tend to taste more acidic than akpu,same as yoruba white garri.They taste more tingly
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2011
but if d natural poison in cassava is that complex,many nigerian will be dying daily going by d nonchalant hygeinic antics
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2011
tpia@:

Bluetooth

are you seriously saying you dont know raw cassava is poisonous?

I thought these things were taught in school or something or am i mistaken.

Ibos eat raw cassava but they don't die.Is their DNA made to detoxicate the poison ?
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2011
Of nigerians as ragards food preparation
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by tpia5: 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2011
The processing removes the poison.

Draining the water several times and also the heating process which transforms the poison into a harmless form and i think evaporates it into air or something like that.

I know i've watched gari being processed in my grandma's compound before. Or was it something else.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by coogar: 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ibos eat raw cassava but they don't die.Is their DNA made to detoxicate the poison ?

if you eat cassava that isn't properly cleaned, you will die.
it's as simple as that.

it's like arguing some people screw around without condoms, why don't they get infected?
they have to screw someone with hiv then we will know the score.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2011
If raw cassava is as dangerous as cyanide,why doesn't it kill domestic animals that eats them raw?
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by swaggerboi2011: 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2011
too bad, it might be a curse, poisoning, not sure though, or Lasa fever
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by coogar: 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2011
redsun:

If raw cassava is as dangerous as cyanide,why doesn't it kill domestic animals that eats them raw?

so you are comparing yourself to a domestic animal now? cheesy grin
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
it is d same biology,nothing gets in d way of cyanide,if u really know what cyanide is
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2011
coogar:

if you eat cassava that isn't properly cleaned, you will die.
it's as simple as that.

it's like arguing some people screw around without condoms, why don't they get infected?
they have to screw someone with hiv then we will know the score.

So how is that raw cassava ibos eat prepared ? Do they cook it or they have a special chemical to remove the toxins in it ?
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 11:05pm On Aug 03, 2011
Have u forgotten raw means uncooked
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by coogar: 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

So how is that raw cassava ibos eat prepared ? Do they cook it or they have a special chemical to remove the toxins in it ?

it has been properly cleaned
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 03, 2011
coogar:

it has been properly cleaned

With water ? Is water enough to remove toxin from a fermenting cassava ?
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2011
there are different way of fermenting cassava and all uses water.D duration of fermentation depends on d kind of process.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by coogar: 11:26pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

yes, lots of water will remove the toxins.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 03, 2011
Exactly what i'm trying to find out since most of these cassava by-products like akpu and garri are produced by the local women.so who's monitoring them to ensure that it's properly done.meanwhile,nigerians are eating it and they are not dying.So who ensure standards in all these ?
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by coogar: 11:30pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Exactly what i'm trying to find out since most of these cassava by-products like akpu and garri are produced by the local women.so who's monitoring them to ensure that it's properly done.meanwhile,nigerians are eating it and they are not dying.So who ensure standards in all these ?

we can as well assume local women in nigeria don't wash their butts after defecating because no one ensures it's probably done.
the women know what to do, and they clean it properly - call the women in your village and ask if unwashed cassava will not kill an entire village if eaten raw.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by ceasyc(f): 3:58am On Aug 04, 2011
some pple were found dead after eating pawpaw n drinking fanta

another died after taking his meds + pineapple

but eba? which kind eba and with what? shyt happens sha but eiya sorry
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by tpia5: 4:53am On Aug 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

the one they eat is processed, not raw, technically.

~Bluetooth:

soaking it in water leaches out some of the toxic substances.

the water has to be changed regularly to eliminate those as much as possible.

with gari, the additional process of frying or heating removes the rest.

as someone pointed out, different types of cassava have different levels of the toxin.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Sike(m): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2011
Eba sweet no be small.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Johndoe100(m): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2011
tpia@:

soaking it in water leaches out some of the toxic substances.

the water has to be changed regularly to eliminate those as much as possible.

with gari, the additional process of frying or heating removes the rest.

as someone pointed out, different types of cassava have different levels of the toxin.

the main toxic part of cassava is the stalk. This contains heavy concentrations of cyanide.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Oluwabee(f): 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2011
hey Nlanders tot we were talkin about the dead why ar u derailin d thread to learn hw to make garri

RIP!
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by redsun(m): 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2011
B4 we get too carried away with our procrastinations,have generator fumes been ruled out as cause of death?
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by olawalebabs(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2011
that is another factor
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by showstopa: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2011
I am ashamed of all you tribal fools on this thread.
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Rennymelin: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2011
Oh Lord! Pls, grant Mr. Umunna and the remaining members of the family, the fortitude to bear the loss! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, wat a world!
Re: Six People Found Dead After Eba Meal by Rennymelin: 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2011
Oh God!, only u knows the perpetrators of this act! If this death was caused by human(s), Vengeance is in ur hands! Take full vengeance Oh Lord!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Handsome And Most Ugliest President Nigeria THAT Has Ever Ruled Nigeria? / Tinubu - FG Practising Voodoo Economic Policy / Again Buhari Disappoints Nigerians, International Media - September 30 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.