Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,462 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. (2436 Views)

Data Price To Drop By 60% by 2025, Says Pantami / Samsung’s Galaxy S9 Will Be One Of The Fastest Android Smartphones Ever / 4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by atheistandproud(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2022
So anyway, between a 90k phone and a 78k phone, which one ought to be better overall?

Sometimes the answer is not always what you think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpoMN-k5jyM

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2022
Following
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by atheistandproud(m): 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2022
Bodmum:
Following

If only Nairalanders will watch enough so we can have a discussion
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by drmuchin: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2022
atheistandproud:

If only Nairalanders will watch enough so we can have a discussion

SAPA DEY
NO DATA

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by atheistandproud(m): 10:53am On Aug 07, 2022
drmuchin:

SAPA DEY
NO DATA

Lol. The people when dey watch BBNaija unkor? Yes I understand say things hard oh, no cap. But omo we don overuse this trope die. Seriously.

In a country where "things are hard", people dey buy 100k+ phones daily. Dey buy cars, dey go clubs, bars, restaurants dey go flex.

Channels like mine grow very slowly. Really slowly.

Nigerians only remember that phones are important when their phone develops a fault and they're looking for "free" solutions. Oya subscribe to my channel let me help you is seen as stress for them.

But nobody dey tell them to subscribe for BBNaija. We go dey alright las las.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Zimri(m): 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
You seem to be avoiding Tecno at first until you eventually mentioned it. grin grin
Yeah, high prices don't necessarily equate high qualities.

I have said this before almost all brands of phones are culprit especially BBK devices grin grin. I could vividly recall that in Jan. 2020 I wanted to get a phone so badly and my budget was around 35k+ I had Redmi 9a in mind. I got to the phone store and the very Redmi for 36k was available then all of sudden vroom! This oppo salesgirl just appeared from nowhere and started the usual marketing romance that I'll just need to add 3k blabla. I fell for it because the display look more crispy than Redmi 9a.

Oppo a1k was the device. Alas! It was an Helio p22 device while the Redmi had Helio G25. The Redmi had a better battery 5000mah the oppo had 4000mah. In a nutshell, the Redmi, overall, was a better device. I fell for the same trap again but this time in a different way for the current device I'm using. Make your researches before buying any and don't be swayed by hype.

Good review sir

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by atheistandproud(m): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2022
Zimri:
You seem to be avoiding Tecno at first until you eventually mentioned it. grin grin

I have said this before almost all brands of phones are culprit especially BBK devices grin grin. I could vividly recall that in Jan. 2020 I wanted to get a phone so badly and my budget was around 35k+ I had Redmi 9a in mind. I got to the phone store and the very Redmi for 36k was available then all of sudden vroom! This oppo salesgirl just appeared from nowhere and started the usual marketing romance that I'll just need to add 3k blabla. I fell for it because the display look more crispy than Redmi 9a.

Oppo a1k was the device. Alas! It was an Helio p22 device while the Redmi had Helio G25. The Redmi had a better battery 5000mah the oppo had 4000mah. In a nutshell, the Redmi, overall, was a better device. I fell for the same trap again but this time in a different way for the current device I'm using. Make your researches before buying any and don't be swayed by hype.

Good review sir

You have excellent powers of observation. No cap. I honestly tried but the genie was out of the bottle so what's the point?

Thank you for watching grin

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Adasun(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2022
I don over missed ur lecture tire op.

I don miss your telegram's lectures and so many more.

Saving up to buy another phone sha.hope I will be able to catch up.

Kudos boss.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by atheistandproud(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2022
Adasun:
I don over missed ur lecture tire op.

I don miss your telegram's lectures and so many more.

Saving up to buy another phone sha.hope I will be able to catch up.

Kudos boss.

shocked shocked shocked

What happened to your phone?
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Adasun(m): 5:58pm On Aug 07, 2022
atheistandproud:

shocked shocked shocked

What happened to your phone?
na my redmi7 o.

Network just seize while making a call.since then,no body fit repair am.na to da hail the phone up and down those technicians Sabi.

I come dey use hotspot and my school wifi dey push life go small small.the screen no come dey respond again during this assu break.

The phone screen crack small,I wan load one truck for where I start small hustle here o, give my friend phone make him put for pocket.i finish and collect phone,na so screen no gree respond o.i tire for the phone self.

Instead of to buy new screen,I say make I dey save small small buy another phone na.

Na my friend phone I dey take use track u like this.

U go don go far o.u were on Snapseed app and how it works last time I was in the group.
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Zimri(m): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
Adasun:

Network just seize while making a call.since then,no body fit repair am. na to da hail the phone up and down those technicians Sabi.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Adasun(m): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2022
Zimri:

cheesy cheesy
lols, them go just dey turn turn am.you go dey hear something like this: "this phone na monster o"

"This phone dey do waiting pass in power o"

and so on. i don park dat phone somewhere joor

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by jeromestarks: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
What is this Op saying?
Phone of 30k is no mate of phone of 260k.
Like it or not, price determines the quality of phones.
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by smith946: 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
jeromestarks:
What is this Op saying?
Phone of 30k is no mate of phone of 260k.
Like it or not, price determines the quality of phones.
Actually, the price doesn't determine the quality of phones. Take a look at the tecno phanthom x and see that it doesn't worth the 280k+ price tag when there are many more devices from other brands offering more value at much lower price.
Devices like redmi note 11 pro, oppo a96 e.t.c.
Even the pova 5g from tecno with a 150k+ price offers far more value with a dimensity 700 chipset plus 5g connectivity at a lower price.
The manufacturers of the Nothing phone (1) could have made the price tag $800 or $1000 because of it's features but decided to make it affordable @ $450.
So you see that price doesn't determine the quality, the price is just the manufacturer's decision..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by atheistandproud(m): 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
smith946:
Actually, the price doesn't determine the quality of phones. Take a look at the tecno phanthom x and see that it doesn't worth the 280k+ price tag when there are many more devices from other brands offering more value at much lower price.
Devices like redmi note 11 pro, oppo a96 e.t.c.
Even the pova 5g from tecno with a 150k+ price offers far more value with a dimensity 700 chipset plus 5g connectivity at a lower price.
The manufacturers of the Nothing phone (1) could have made the price tag $800 or $1000 because of it's features but decided to make it affordable @ $450.
So you see that price doesn't determine the quality, the price is just the manufacturer's decision..

Bro no be everything you dey reply to. He obviously wants attention.
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by smith946: 1:22am On Aug 15, 2022
atheistandproud:

Alright boss.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Zimri(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2022
atheistandproud:

I wanted to reply him yesterday night. But I had to read again and then concluded not to respond.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by atheistandproud(m): 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
Zimri:

I wanted to reply him yesterday night. But I had to read again and then concluded not to respond.

I read it twice and concluded it wasn't worth it
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Professorcplus(m): 8:47am On Aug 16, 2022
atheistandproud:

I read it twice and concluded it wasn't worth it

Boss pls could you recommend a good phone price of #90-120k.

I need that wow camera, and good battery to take me for the day.

Thanks
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Lordofalmajiri(f): 8:52am On Aug 16, 2022
Zimri:

Good review sir
The Redmi 9a is no better bro... Mine packed up after a year.. I'm not even a heavy user
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by obaaderemi: 9:33am On Aug 16, 2022
The argument goes both ways. You won't compare a Samsung a12 with a Tecno pop5 though they're both low end but the Samsung is more expensive and better.

At the same time you see some phones that do better than more expensive ones. Goes both ways, bro.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by atheistandproud(m): 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2022
obaaderemi:
The argument goes both ways. You won't compare a Samsung a12 with a Tecno pop5 though they're both low end but the Samsung is more expensive and better.

At the same time you see some phones that do better than more expensive ones. Goes both ways, bro.

True.

Absolutely agree. But a lot of people feel that the argument goes one way and not the other. The point of the video was to shine a light in the other direction.
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Psady(m): 7:54pm On Aug 16, 2022
Adasun:
na my redmi7 o.

Network just seize while making a call.since then,no body fit repair am.na to da hail the phone up and down those technicians Sabi.

I come dey use hotspot and my school wifi dey push life go small small.the screen no come dey respond again during this assu break.

The phone screen crack small,I wan load one truck for where I start small hustle here o, give my friend phone make him put for pocket.i finish and collect phone,na so screen no gree respond o.i tire for the phone self.

Instead of to buy new screen,I say make I dey save small small buy another phone na.

Na my friend phone I dey take use track u like this.

U go don go far o.u were on Snapseed app and how it works last time I was in the group.
E sure say, that phone Don suffer for your hand, abeg free the phone.
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by atheistandproud(m): 12:43am On Aug 17, 2022
Psady:

grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Never Use Price To Judge Smartphones, Ever. by Adasun(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2022
Psady:
hahaha which kind suffer.na my my sweat I take use buy that phone o.e still dey pain me abeg.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MTN 5G Spotted In Ibadan / Config nokia 3110 Using Zain With Opera / B&o Serenata Mobile Phone For Sale! =n= 190k Or =n= 110k Used Call 080 37050519

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.