Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Why IPOB, Kanu, Yoruba Nation, Arewa Should Support Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why IPOB, Kanu, Yoruba Nation, Arewa Should Support Peter Obi (172 Views)

IPOB Members Dump Biafra Agitation To Support Peter Obi Presidency (Pictures) / Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany / Nnamdi Kanu: Yoruba Muslims Will Cause The Fall Of The Yorubaland(Audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why IPOB, Kanu, Yoruba Nation, Arewa Should Support Peter Obi by Gentle99(m): 11:37am On Aug 07, 2022
I have seen comments from nobodies and seminobodies like Reno Omokri, Dino Melaye questioning Igbo's commitment to the cause of Biafra in the wake of Obi's presidential ambition. It's such a shame that people who are expected to know much know nothing. But for the sake of the common people who seek to understand what Obi means to Biafra, Yoruba Nation, Arewa or Nigeria as a united nation, let's break it down and also understand why Nigeria has refused to listen to dialogues on the unity or disintegration of Nigeria.

Lemme educate you a bit on the game of politics, on why Nigeria has never listened to talks of separation or disintegration and why Nigeria might listen to talks of fisintegration after #ObiDatti

In as much as over 80% of Igbos are in support of secession, you should ask yourself, in a nation where the Igbos constitute roughly over 20% of the population, is it that easy to secede? What can 20% out of 100% do, to reduce the total from 100 to 80?

Let's dive in a bit into politics. There's that hatred against Igbos, it's natural. But right now, what everyone is after is good governance that will make every region capable of ruling itself. Should the 5 Eastern states secede, because the SS and middle belt are less than 40% in support, how will you overcome a big hurdle like Nigeria? Biafra will end up becoming another Lesotho, or Swaziland, inside South Africa. Your every movement will be possible if the Nigerian Government permits it, and if denied, you'll remain stagnant.

Have you ever asked yourself, if SE secedes today, what if Nigeria bans Biafra from ever using it's airspace? Recall that there's no seaport in the SE, and to run a canal-like narrow sea channel from the Atlantic to River Niger requires the approval of Nigeria, what if that consent is denied? What if Nigeria terminates all diplomatic relations with Biafra after it secedes? The billions of assets of the Igbos scattered all over Nigeria, what happens to it? The Igbos who are known for travelling and doing business, how will then move about since they're not just landlocked but also surrounded by the colossus, from whom they seceded from?

Obi is an answered prayer, to both Biafran agitators and patriotic Nigerians. When every Region is doing well, developing well, with many living above Poverty line, if tomorrow, you bring up secession, they'd be like, "Shebi una wan go? Make una dey go, after all, we don't need y'all to survive. We have learnt to exist independently so your secession affects nothing"
And from that, you could actually coax a neighbour who has access to the seas to actually join the party, without reservations. Right now, can you imagine Nigeria without Igbos? Can you imagine Lagos without Igbos? Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto, etc without Igbos? Or Abuja without Igbos? Igbos might constitute just 20% or so of Nigeria's population but in terms of finance, Igbos are the economic lifeline of Nigeria. If they leave today, Nigeria will collapse and that is and will always remain the major reason those at the top will never let them go.
But imagine a government under Obi where everyone is producing, making huge returns in its internal and external investments, controlling its resources and manage its wealth well, if the Igbos leave, the impact might not be felt as much as now.

In terms of Military, Politics, Igbos are very far behind. But economically, they're far ahead of the others. So, in order to let Igbos secede without issues, war, fights, killings, hatred, Igbos will need to help other parts of Nigeria to rely less on them economically. Nigeria needs to run it's own decentralized economy, not an economy with the Igbos as the major, if not only Capitalist.

Of all the 5 or whatsoever presidential candidates, Obi is the person who can free other regions so they can let Igbos go. Obi is the only one who really has Nigeria in his agenda and should he ascend, whether we decide to continue as one nation, or disintegrate, it'll favour us all because every region needs that foundation/structure to function 100% on it's own without help from a certain tribe.

#obidatti4anewnigeria is the way forward for us, either to be together or to separate.
#ObiDatti is the answer to IPOB, the answer to Oduduwa Republic, the answer to Arewa and at the same time, the answer to one Nigeria. What we'll decide to do isn't Obi's concern, what is his concern is to make us capable of making that choice without bloodshed or one party feeling that the other took advantage of them because they have superior this than them.

Adios!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why IPOB, Kanu, Yoruba Nation, Arewa Should Support Peter Obi by Emergingnation3(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2022
IPOB ain't supporting anything, cos this Shithole is unredeemable....... And The Only solution to this Shithole is total separatio., let every nation with great potentials trapped in her be set free...

The actualization of sovereign state of Biafra is at hand...
Re: Why IPOB, Kanu, Yoruba Nation, Arewa Should Support Peter Obi by Gentle99(m): 11:53am On Aug 07, 2022
Emergingnation3:
IPOB ain't supporting anything, cos this Shithole is unredeemable....... And The Only solution to this Shithole is total separatio., let every nation with great potentials trapped in her be set free...

The actualization of sovereign state of Biafra is at hand...

Which language do you speak best, or maybe understand best? Because it's obvious you don't understand English. I'll do well to translate to the language and if it happens to be one of the languages I speak, I could help you with audio translation so you'll understand the true meaning and effects or secession in Nigeria
Re: Why IPOB, Kanu, Yoruba Nation, Arewa Should Support Peter Obi by skywalker240(m): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2022
The Peter Obi movement is acceptable than the Biafra agitation for now
Re: Why IPOB, Kanu, Yoruba Nation, Arewa Should Support Peter Obi by Balkan(m): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2022
IPOB has never supported Obi.
IPOB is not interested in Nigeria.
Those attaching Obi to IPOB being mischievous
Re: Why IPOB, Kanu, Yoruba Nation, Arewa Should Support Peter Obi by Gentle99(m): 12:33pm On Aug 07, 2022
IPOBMAN44:

I'm actually not a Yoruba but I've lived in Yoruba land, Lagos precisely for long

Any Yoruba, Hausa or fulani man and woman campaigning for Obi should have a rethink and retrace their step back. Though this isn't supposed to be so but you see those IGBOS have turned this election to tribalistic one. They have even turn it to religious one

I will support and vote for Tinubu. He has more achievements, antecedents and legacies to point at as a governor and when he left government than EVERY other contestants

Tinubu is very much accommodating and tolerance than other contestants. IGBOS are taking political position in Lagos. IGBOS are civil servants in Lagos and other South western states. IGBOS are doing businesses freely in Lagos and other south western region

Please go to any eastern state to see if you'd see any Yoruba or Hausa man as ordinary councillor. It is a TABOO to the Igbo

To them their igbo president in form of Obi is the best after bread and butter while others are nothing to write home about. Support Tinubu or Atiku and watch them curse, bash or threaten you. They accused you of being paid for supporting Tinubu or Atiku while them are doing it freely. They always insult the Fulani and Hausas and call them all sorts of names. They even call them cow, almajiri etc. They insult the Yorubas calling them fulani slaves. They condemned Nigeria as a country. Claiming Nigeria is a ZOO

ACHIEVEMENT- I WILL VOTE TINUBU
TOLERANCE & ACCOMMODATING- I WILL VOTE TINUBU

For the northerners who reside in the north you can ask any of your family or friends living in Lagos and other South western states they will tell you how Yoruba are so friendly, loving and accommodating. Go to the state headquarter at Alausa ikeja you'll see igbos holding top position without any discrimination

Go to east and see how all positions are occupied completely by all igbos.

An average IGBOS are resentful, spiteful, hateful, bittered et al. They literally see themselves better, superior and more sophisticated than other tribes.

PLEASE verify this my claim if you aren't aware of it and make a decision on who to campaign and vote for

I leave you to your conscience

You go with the username "IPOBMANN" but you preach something entirely off your username? I'm sorry sir but who paid you for this write up?

Lemme correct you so you might go back and get them to rewrite your script, it's lacking!!!

1. When Igbos enter anywhere, they start building. They do not differentiate between "my state" and "their state". The same level of development they'll initiate at home is what they'll initiate wherever they are because they try to make it look livable, as long as they call it home

2. Tinubu made Lagos livable for Igbos?��� I'm sorry sir, I mean no insult but who exactly wrote tht script? As of 1960, Igbos were in Lagos, building Lagos. Throwback to 1971, etc after the war, Igbos returned to Lagos and began from level 0 after banks confiscated their savings and returned only 20 pounds per account (which my Dad was utterly affected by and which made him stop saving with banks even till date). Despite the harsh conditions, they continued living, helping build and develop Lagos till Democracy returned in 1999. And you, are here telling me that a man that was in power in the early 2000s is the man who made Lagos livable for Igbos? I'm still yet to understand what exactly he did?
And I'm still yet to understand what massive achievement he had as to compare to what Obi did for Anambra and Anambrarians. If Obi had met an Anambra like Lagos in 2007, I bet Anambra will be near the ranks of the likes of Beijing, Saint Petersburg, etc.

3. An average Igbo isn't spiteful and resentful as you had claimed, hahaha. You know the biggest flaw of the Igbos? It's easier for an Igbo to support an outsider than support his own brother, you can verify with the man that wrote your script or your neighbours in Lagos. Hausa protect each other whether they're wrong or right, Yoruba's do same but at a lower scale than the Hausas but the Igbos don't at all. Enter the streets and verify, the records are there for you to verify.

4. Igbos have turned the election into tribal thingy? Well, let's be honest, if YOU were in their shoes, would you feel same or not? There are 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria. Of those 3, 2 has ruled while the other is the spectator. Meanwhile, ruling ain't the problem, the problem is that when those others rule, they make policies that will further alienate the other group from the nation. How can Third Mainland Bridge be without tollgate (at 11.8km) while 2nd Niger Bridge (of 1.6km) will have tollgate? How can Railways run from North to South with zero plans to extend it to the East?

But then, in this case, the Igbos are exactly not a bit tribalistic. They are just after equality and fairness, they are after policies that will favour all not one party. Didn't Igbos massively vote in OBJ? Yar'Adua? Didn't Igbos massively vote Atiku in 2018? But now, it's because they're tribalistic?

Should I go on? Signify lemme breakdown Tinubu vs Obi achievements for you, then let Nigerians and Nairalanders decide who has the upper edge
Re: Why IPOB, Kanu, Yoruba Nation, Arewa Should Support Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2022
hahahaha

(1) (Reply)

2023: Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-addo Has Responded To Report Alleged To Him. / 2023: Nigeria Needs Only Experienced Presidential Candidates To Govern - Okowa / Banditry: Don’t Treat Crude Oil Thieves As Sacred Cows — Uzodimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.