Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

How Do People Fall For These, Scammers Always Look Stupid To Me. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do People Fall For These, Scammers Always Look Stupid To Me. (440 Views)

What do we do about these scammers on the loose / NTA Always look for a way to disgrace us / Be Careful Of These Scammers On Nairaland-See List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Fall For These, Scammers Always Look Stupid To Me. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 07, 2022
How do people fall for these, scammers always look stupid to me.
I want to back my point with the following cases.
CASE 1 (pix attached).
I received this message, please, how on earth do you expect me to believe this. I never applied for job.

Re: How Do People Fall For These, Scammers Always Look Stupid To Me. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 07, 2022
Case 2 ( pix attached)
I received this email.
Content of the message.
Ref No: UNFC/28P/L12.

Good Morning,

We are not sure you received our previous message but once again we wish to use this medium to officially congratulate and inform you that following the review of all unclaimed, pending, delayed inheritance, contract and lottery funds transfers, before and around the corona virus pandemic, you have been selected to receive a compensation amount of US$6,850,000.00 with Ref No. UNFC/28P/L12.

For details to immediately receive your US$6,850,000.00, kindly reply back with your direct TELEPHONE number to enable our Payment Director, Elizabeth Monaghan, contact you directly.

Yours Sincerely,
Financial Services,UK.

Re: How Do People Fall For These, Scammers Always Look Stupid To Me. by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2022
Case 3 ( pix attached)
I received the first message.
Content of the message:

My reply.

Then he sent this message with pictures..
Content of the message.
Dear Friend,

Thank you for your mail. I am really glad to read from you and I believe God has directed me to you at this point in time, so do not be afraid or wondering why you have been chosen for this purpose. I got your contact through my personal research in an online Email Database and I am writing you this mail with heavy sorrow in my heart. I was in your country with my late husband many years ago and I have seen an indication of worsening living conditions and increasing poverty among some people there.

My name is Mrs. Mithchell Anderson from the United State of America and I am presently receiving cancer treatment at The James Cancer Hospital, USA. I'm half Indian and half American (Indian Americans).
I was married to Late Anderson Henrik who was working with an Oil and Gas Company for Thirty good years before his demise in the year 2005. We were married for 27 years without a child but happily married till his death which was due to Pneumonia and could not have been treated as it got worse.
Since his demise I have decided to stay single as I was happy and will always remain happy till my dying days. But before my late husband passed away he had a fixed deposit of Three Million Nine Hundred Thousand United State Dollars ($3,900,000.00 USD) in a bank which I have decided to send to you for a good cause in your country amid this COVID-19 Pandemic.

The money is still in the bank which was initially in his name but after his demise I became the next of kin to claim the funds. The problem now is that recently my doctor told me that I would not last for more than 8 months as I have cancer which would take my life and make me join my husband as God's will. And I believe that whoever wants to serve God must serve him in spirit and truth and please remember to be prayerful all through your life.

Now that I have realized my condition I have decided to hand this money over to you to help you and the less privileged people in your country amid this COVID-19 Pandemic and I believe you will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein.
You will donate 70% to charity, orphanage and establish a business which would benefit the public who are jobless/poor as well, then 30% of the total amount of money is for your personal use only.

Unfortunately I do not have any child to hand over my inheritance to at this moment and my husband's family are just hypocrites who are not worthy of this money. I actually grew up as an orphan before getting married to my husband and I know how it feels until I met my husband luckily.

Please be honest and sincere to me if you will abide by my words. If "YES" then kindly write me back immediately with your:
- Full Name:
- Full Address:
- Direct Mobile Number:
And I shall connect you with my lawyer who will prepare the Letter of Authority on my behalf and also make you my next of kin in order to get the funds.

I will be expecting to hear from you soon. I have attached herein some of my pictures for you to know about my present medical condition.

Yours truly,

Mrs. Mithchell Anderson

847.jpeg

845.jpeg

Mitchell[846].jpg

Re: How Do People Fall For These, Scammers Always Look Stupid To Me. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2022
The pictures I received from him.

Re: How Do People Fall For These, Scammers Always Look Stupid To Me. by VeryWickedMan: 11:59am On Aug 07, 2022
99% of this generation are brain dead that's why they think yahoo boys are smart

Re: How Do People Fall For These, Scammers Always Look Stupid To Me. by JASONjnr(m): 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2022
People do not fall for this kind of scam anymore....

The one that's getting to the masses is when they have a hold of your entire information and they called to discuss it with you ...

Explaining the condition and the reason why they called....

Sometimes, listening to them carefully will have them spew lots of blunders..... But trying to speak while they speak will make them have many points to lure you down ...

So when strange numbers call me... I listen to them till the end and only ask short questions for them to to waste their call cards and then I usually end the conversation with curses and abuse...

(1) (Reply)

Okk / Zambian Police Officer Kills His Wife And Her Alleged Lover Over Suspicion / Kidnappers Will Start Using Dollars If Naira Is Changed-sheik Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.