Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,967 members, 7,863,445 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:52 PM

Brain Fingerprinting : In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brain Fingerprinting : In Nigeria? (935 Views)

Request For Fingerprinting Causes Fall In Visa's Requests / Nigerian Police Installing Automated Fingerprinting Machines. Criminals Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brain Fingerprinting : In Nigeria? by peculiarmg: 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2011
Brain what? undecided Technological Jargon you say, but read on to learn about possibilities that exist in this life.
Brain Fingerprinting is a controversial forensic science technique that uses Electroencephalography (EEG) to determine whether specific information is stored in a subject’s brain. Can this, if introduced in Nigeria, be our 'lie detector'?
Read more,
http://peculiarmagazine.com/2011/08/brain-fingerprinting/
Re: Brain Fingerprinting : In Nigeria? by tpia5: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2011
Stranger things have happened.
Re: Brain Fingerprinting : In Nigeria? by Carrigmore: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
Arrant nonsense! I read this news article over the weekend and I think the Ireland Embassy are just not honest or have apoor grasp of the migration dynamics of Nigerians pre and post recession.

Questions:
1.What opportunities remain for migrants in Ireland after the shameless collapse of thier construction industry which hitherto was the major employer of most migrants to that country? The number of previous and recent applicants, (11,000 vs 5,000) in the article would rather suggest Ireland is not seen by Nigerians as a destination of choice for whatever reason. Beside, historically do we really have anything significant to do with the Irish?

2.Is it more likely that the reduction in number of applicant is more likely to do with the fact that applicants are either confused about the new policy/process or that the applicants see the new process as a sign of the would be host country's hostile change of tune to immigrants? The UK is a case study to bear in mind. After introduction of biometrics in certain visas category, applications in Nigeria dropped albeit significantly only to spike up rather quickly and findings revealed really thier initials thoughts were all together wrong.

3. Is this not the same Ireland that is part of the league of five called "PIGS"? So how then would they not factor in the fact that thier weak and near collasped economy would mean less migrants wanting to come through thier doors than ever before?

Lastly, let them bring out the complete data set so we can examine it ourselves like we do with that of the UK. Tell us how many of the applicants applied under which category,students, visitors, work permit, etc.

By the way, I don't give a face to an Irish.

@ Omo_Tier1: I just want to correct a few things about your post.

Your first point is actually inaccurate and and baseless. opportunities still abound in Ireland if you are a professional. I have been living and working here since 1999 and boy the opportunities keep growing. I work in the IT sector and a lot of Nigerians are in the same boat with me working in every industry in the country. The construction sector was strictly an industry for Eastern Europeans (Polish etc) you will not find Nigerians working in the construction here

On your second point; if only you have an idea of Nigerians did to the Irish economy in the early 2000 then you probaly wont come up with this. Nigerians bled the system dry to a state that an average professional Nigerian doesnt identify himself as a Nigerian. What is happening now is an adverse effect of what Nigerians did to the economy back then

On your third point; you are totally wrong on this mate. Ireland is probably one of the most welcoming countries in the world. We were recieved with open hands but as Nigerians we threw everything back in their face. If you get your facts right the Irish economy is stronger than it was 2 years back. Every country had a knock on effect on what transpired in US but the economy has picked up and thats why you see Twitter coming to set up its European headquater in Dublin as well as why Ireland is known as the IT capital of Europe

Lastly you should give a face to Irish because if you are a christain you will know what part they have played in providing the Nigerian educational sector with credible educational institutions while at the same time providing ethical reasoning to an average Nigerian home through religion
Re: Brain Fingerprinting : In Nigeria? by emofine(f): 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2011
peculiarmg:
Brain Fingerprinting is a controversial forensic science technique that uses Electroencephalography (EEG) to determine whether specific information is stored in a subject’s brain.

. . .but I may have some private thoughts that I don't want another knowing about lol I'm kidding however I wonder how much harm this technology could cause an individual just like those body scanners featured in airports . . .
Re: Brain Fingerprinting : In Nigeria? by umechuma: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2011
It's needed for criminal minded people especially Nigerians.Ireland does not want criminals in their country.

(1) (Reply)

Tribunal: Obama, Instead Of ‘jonathan’ Found In Inec’s Document / Why Does Tunde Bakare Refer To Gbenga Daniels As A Friend? / Baba Suwe To Be Paid #25million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.